Pat Forde's Top 40 Villains

I met Barry Switzer and he's actually a really nice guy. My soccer team was on a flight to Miami on our way to Cuba and he was taking his grandson there. Once we got off, he took pictures with all of us (even with me wearing my NU hat).

Did you get a shot with the arsenal he had in his carry-on as well?

Two of the worst villians to the Huskers I can remember are the guy who dove at Jarvis Redwine's knee when Redwine was on the wing of an extra point attempt, deliberately injuring him, and the guy who slammed Turner Gill down on the ground about 10 yards behind the guy Gill had handed off to, taking Gill out with a concussion.

Both were from Missouri. Missouri played us tough in many of those years. They also played us dirty.

http://www.huskerpedia.com/huskerdan/20081008dan.html confirms my memory.

As I remember it Redwine was injured by a K-State player.

T_O_B

Nah...it was Missouri. I remember the next day the OW/H had like a 500 shot, frame by frame picture expose in the sports page showing it all from start to finish. Buddy of mine cut all the pictures out and made a cool flip book out of it.

I appoligize for not knowing the guys name but what about the guy from K-State who had the blatantly obvious facemask that magically never got called while we're trying to do a two minute drill down the field to score. Pretty sure there's a picture of that somewhere with his neck looking like the girl from the exorcist spinning around.

If we're talking Husker screw jobs. Then no list would be complete without the "phantom clip" that was called against NU near the end of the '93' title game against FSU. Now that was BS!

That was the day an unassuming little Husker fan named Bobby, turned into the unabashed Husker fanatic we now know as Huzkerbob! :power

I appoligize for not knowing the guys name but what about the guy from K-State who had the blatantly obvious facemask that magically never got called while we're trying to do a two minute drill down the field to score. Pretty sure there's a picture of that somewhere with his neck looking like the girl from the exorcist spinning around.

craig ochs i believe, i know it was an ochs i just can't remember which brother.

twist2_si.jpg

twist2_si.jpg

THANK YOU!!! I knew it was out there some where but couldn't exactly look for it while at work (not that I should be on here either). I'm sure he was just looking back to see if the guy's shoes are untied that's behind him right? No reason to throw a flag. I've just always disliked KSU fans. I go boating down near Manhattan so they always pop up and when they see anything Husker they get all pissy and try to talk smack. At least when the CU fans talk they've won 1 NC (the Vanilla Ice of the Big 12 North, one hit wonder), KSU had chances in the 90's but we just happened to be better. :rant

I'm not a big fan of Tim Griffin, but he's easily one-upped Forde in his "villains" column.

Story

Just curious... do these guys have the same editor? Doesn't someone say to Griffin, "Yeah, nice article, but Forde is writing this one, too." ???

The best thing about this article:

Kansas

Current Villain: Ndamukong Suh DT/FB

Love it.