Pat Forde's Top 40 Villains

Two of the worst villians to the Huskers I can remember are the guy who dove at Jarvis Redwine's knee when Redwine was on the wing of an extra point attempt, deliberately injuring him, and the guy who slammed Turner Gill down on the ground about 10 yards behind the guy Gill had handed off to, taking Gill out with a concussion.

Both were from Missouri. Missouri played us tough in many of those years. They also played us dirty.

http://www.huskerpedia.com/huskerdan/20081008dan.html confirms my memory.

+1. Those two are *true* villains. Another is Rocky Calmus of OU. Remember when he had our punt returner (DeJuan Groce maybe?) down after the whistle blew and kept bending his leg back trying to make something snap? Calmus is a lowlife cheapshot punk in addition to being a Friggin Hillbilly villain.

What? I didn't say anything that wasn't true.

No, you did not. I have no idea where that facepalm came from. I think you'll find your post agreed-with by about 90% of the people who post here.

"Pat Forde is an unapologetic Mizzou homer, who is wrong all the time. No self respecting Husker fan should take him seriously!"

:yeah

What's kind of funny about that chain gang incident was that it involved someone from Nebraska. The guy in charge or who made the mistake in that CU/MU game was a principal at a high school in Nebraska.

He was my Principal. Poor guy really didn't live that one down.

:espnsucks: Pat Forde is an unapologetic Mizzou homer, who is wrong all the time. No self respecting Husker fan should take him seriously! :espnsucks:

:facepalm:

What? I didn't say anything that wasn't true. Besides with that slicked back guido hairdo of his, he deserves a little ribbing!

For using the phrase "slicked back guido hairdo" in a deragatory way, I take back my previous face in palm and :clap you instead.

:espnsucks: Pat Forde is an unapologetic Mizzou homer, who is wrong all the time. No self respecting Husker fan should take him seriously! :espnsucks:

Why does everyone feel the need to get so defensive over an article? Seriously, it's not going to change the result of the play, so who cares? I just don't get why it matters. It's supposed to be an entertaining piece of material but some people take it way over the top.

Two of the worst villians to the Huskers I can remember are the guy who dove at Jarvis Redwine's knee when Redwine was on the wing of an extra point attempt, deliberately injuring him, and the guy who slammed Turner Gill down on the ground about 10 yards behind the guy Gill had handed off to, taking Gill out with a concussion.

Both were from Missouri. Missouri played us tough in many of those years. They also played us dirty.

That was durring my teenage (formative?) years, so Mizzery became my definition of a "dirty team"..

Seemed shocking to me years later when Chase called us dirty for spitting, but then I realized..different eras..different programs.

Somehow Cy has to have been involved in the chain-gang incident.

Of course..When I think of Foosball villians..the

immediately come to mind.

3XiH8mxa-Z0&feature

Followed a play or two later by a TD catch? 4 yards out the back of the endzone.

"Will Rogers never met Bosworth."

Some of these are funny...

8. Laura Gambucci -- Tempe aerobics instructor, 1986

Hated by: Miami.

Claim to Infamy: Derailed Hurricanes championship. When the top-ranked, undefeated Canes swaggered into Tempe in December 1986 to play Penn State in what at the time was hyped as the biggest college football game ever, they were led by Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Vinny Testaverde. While in Tempe, Testaverde met Gambucci, fell in love and -- if you judge by the box score from that Fiesta Bowl -- completely lost focus. Testaverde was intercepted five times and the Nittany Lions scored a shocking 14-10 upset to win the national title. Testaverde went on to marry Gambucci in 1988. They were divorced in 1989

As I remember it Redwine was injured by a K-State player.

T_O_B

These are 40 villans? He missed the atrocious officiating at the UNL vr Penn State game back in the 80ies. They added about 12 sq. ft. to the side line and helped PSU get a win they didn't deserve. Forde needs to look up the defination of villan before he writes anymore balderdash.

T_O_B

:steam

Why does everyone feel the need to get so defensive over an article? Seriously, it's not going to change the result of the play, so who cares? I just don't get why it matters. It's supposed to be an entertaining piece of material but some people take it way over the top.

What?????

Here's a reason....when somebody is continuously a douchebag somebody needs to call him out on his douchebaggery.

I actually think that is a man law.......

Yeah really...it's not like an athletic trainer was fired. <_<

Walksalone's Top 10 A$$hats...

10. Huckfusker

9. Eric Lindros

8. Osama Bin Laden

7. Hillary Clinton

6. Barry Switzer

5. Nancy Pelosi

4. Pat Forde

3. Kirk Herbstreit

2. My Ex-wife

1. Bill Callahan

I met Barry Switzer and he's actually a really nice guy. My soccer team was on a flight to Miami on our way to Cuba and he was taking his grandson there. Once we got off, he took pictures with all of us (even with me wearing my NU hat).