Quite the Dilemma

So I live in Vegas and my parents are coming to visit on Oct 8 - 11th.

My dad tells me that they are arriving in Vegas at 5:45pm (fifteen minutes before the kickoff of the NU/MU game on the west coast)

Should I risk missing some of the game and go get em from the airport? or Spot em 50 bucks for the cab and be a bad son that puts footbal before family?

GOD! Am a really posting this?

I'm pretty sure this is why they invented DVR.

It's soooo not the same as watching it live!!

Is there a sports bar in or around the airport where you can duck in and watch until halftime? If not, then give them the necessary $$ to get to your place on their own. This is a Husker game, for God's sake. You only get 13-14 times a year to see them. Priorities, man, priorities!

rebook their flight for an earlier one... the schedule has been out for a while why did you allow them to book this flight? this is your fault. spot em 50 and enjoy the game... would you really miss part of this game for a ride to the airport?

If you are not down w/ listening to the game on the radio, then THIS. :thumbs

Is there a sports bar in or around the airport where you can duck in and watch until halftime? If not, then give them the necessary $$ to get to your place on their own. This is a Husker game, for God's sake. You only get 13-14 times a year to see them. Priorities, man, priorities!

It's not the same - it's better. I typically let the game run for a good hour or so before I watch so I can skip past the commercials. I hate how they break up the game with commercial breaks, ESPECIALLY the ever-popular "TD is scored - Two-Minute Commercial Break - Kickoff - Two-Minute Commercial Break - Series starts," and it's even worse when that next series is three-and-out and they go to commercial again after the punt. You'll have six to seven minutes of commercials for maybe two minutes of game time.

I really dislike commercials.

It's not the same - it's better. I typically let the game run for a good hour or so before I watch so I can skip past the commercials. I hate how they break up the game with commercial breaks, ESPECIALLY the ever-popular "TD is scored - Two-Minute Commercial Break - Kickoff - Two-Minute Commercial Break - Series starts," and it's even worse when that next series is three-and-out and they go to commercial again after the punt. You'll have six to seven minutes of commercials for maybe two minutes of game time.

I really dislike commercials.

:lol: I understand and agree to an extent, but how can you not be the least bit curious how they're doing during the hour you wait? The suspense would literally kill me. Husker games are the only thing I can't watch on DVR, until after I've seen it the first time around in it's entirety. The commercials are great times to check out what's going on in other important games around the country. I use that commercial time very productively.