Quite the Dilemma

So I live in Vegas and my parents are coming to visit on Oct 8 - 11th.

My dad tells me that they are arriving in Vegas at 5:45pm (fifteen minutes before the kickoff of the NU/MU game on the west coast)

Should I risk missing some of the game and go get em from the airport? or Spot em 50 bucks for the cab and be a bad son that puts footbal before family?

GOD! Am a really posting this?

Is pops a Husker fan? If he is then he'll understand why he and mom have to take a cab. :lol:

Do you have a DVR or Tivo?

Heck, hire a limo to pick them up.

I'm pretty sure this is why they invented DVR.

It's soooo not the same as watching it live!!

Is there a sports bar in or around the airport where you can duck in and watch until halftime? If not, then give them the necessary $$ to get to your place on their own. This is a Husker game, for God's sake. You only get 13-14 times a year to see them. Priorities, man, priorities!

It's not the same - it's better. I typically let the game run for a good hour or so before I watch so I can skip past the commercials. I hate how they break up the game with commercial breaks, ESPECIALLY the ever-popular "TD is scored - Two-Minute Commercial Break - Kickoff - Two-Minute Commercial Break - Series starts," and it's even worse when that next series is three-and-out and they go to commercial again after the punt. You'll have six to seven minutes of commercials for maybe two minutes of game time.

I really dislike commercials.

I am the same way! I cannot stand commercials period, and ball games have become little more than 3 hour long advertisements with a little bit of football sprinkled in. The only time it sucks, is when there is a huge play and someone calls or texts me "Did you see that?", because I may be a few minutes behind. But it's worth it to watch TV on my own time.

DVR > Sliced bread

:lol: I understand and agree to an extent, but how can you not be the least bit curious how they're doing during the hour you wait? The suspense would literally kill me. Husker games are the only thing I can't watch on DVR, until after I've seen it the first time around in it's entirety. The commercials are great times to check out what's going on in other important games around the country. I use that commercial time very productively.

I have checked on games before I actually sit down and start watching, I'll admit. It helped soften some of the blow of the first five minutes of Oklahoma knowing the score, and it actually made me awfully curious to know how it all happened. Good thing I didn't have to wait long to find out.

I also skipped ahead during the Gator Bowl, because I felt like we should be winning and I was grumpy that we weren't. I was more than pleasantly surprised to find that we were ahead, but a lot of that was due to the fact that I got pissed and went to live TV when Witt fumbled. Imagine my surprise to find that Clemson didn't have 28 points. :lol: I had to surf through most of the game to get back to that spot, only to find out it wasn't a fumble. From then on the rest of the game was a lot more fun.

I don't always do that, but it happens. And it's better (to me) to do that than suffer through all those commercials.

I am coming in from Houston the same time, and am heading straight to the Las Vegas watch party via cab. I am told it takes 10 minutes to get there. My buddies will be there already waiting and I assume liquored up. :wasted:wasted

Guess I will play catchup!!! :cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

You hittin up Torino's?

Are there going to be a bunch of Nuers there?

I am coming in from Houston the same time, and am heading straight to the Las Vegas watch party via cab. I am told it takes 10 minutes to get there. My buddies will be there already waiting and I assume liquored up. :wasted:wasted

Guess I will play catchup!!! :cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

You hittin up Torino's?

Are there going to be a bunch of Nuers there?

Yes I am with Delta Eta 1715 being the only other nuer present. There are other guys in our group, coming in for the weekend.

PM your identity.

It's not the same - it's better. I typically let the game run for a good hour or so before I watch so I can skip past the commercials. I hate how they break up the game with commercial breaks, ESPECIALLY the ever-popular "TD is scored - Two-Minute Commercial Break - Kickoff - Two-Minute Commercial Break - Series starts," and it's even worse when that next series is three-and-out and they go to commercial again after the punt. You'll have six to seven minutes of commercials for maybe two minutes of game time.

Yeah, until you accidentally hit the "live" button and ruin the future score :P

I'm pretty sure this is why they invented DVR.

It's soooo not the same as watching it live!!

Is there a sports bar in or around the airport where you can duck in and watch until halftime? If not, then give them the necessary $$ to get to your place on their own. This is a Husker game, for God's sake. You only get 13-14 times a year to see them. Priorities, man, priorities!

So you like PPV - yes, I know they have commercials, too. Its the radio need to have commercials.

Well, NU has commercials. The other team has a commercial that they play over and over and over and over and over . . .