Mizzou needs to be Humbled

Which coaches are you talking about? Frank, Bill or Bo? Cause Missouri has stomped all three. ;)

Just messing with you Jen :lol:

It is not the homer in me, But MO has the best chance of sticking around. They have been a decent to good team for the past 5 or 6 seasons. They will have up and downs but I dont see them falling off the map. They have recruited better and better players over the past years and replaced good players with good or better players since 2003. But anyway, not that anyone cares to hear about MU...

I just like that people care enough to dislike my team now. We used to just be an after thought. Now Husker fans are :steam all the time.

Yeah, your team has recruited very well and has had many talented players over the years - especially last year. But where has it gotten you? I'm telling you right now, something is wrong if you have talent like Daniel, Coffman, Maclin, Hood, Sulak, Moore, Weatherspoon, etc. and the best you can do is get annihilated by South teams (minus Oklahoma State) and a share of the Big 12 North. 2008 all of the stars were aligned and the best you could do was choke.

Congrats!

Oh yeah, and I am well aware Missou has stomped a mudhole in the Huskers and walked it dry the last few years. But those days are over. Looking forward to the game on October 8th. I hope everyone in the nation tunes in to watch.

Which coaches are you talking about? Frank, Bill or Bo? Cause Missouri has stomped all three. ;)

It is not the homer in me, But MO has the best chance of sticking around. They have been a decent to good team for the past 5 or 6 seasons. They will have up and downs but I dont see them falling off the map. They have recruited better and better players over the past years and replaced good players with good or better players since 2003. But anyway, not that anyone cares to hear about MU...

I just like that people care enough to dislike my team now. We used to just be an after thought. Now Husker fans are :steam all the time.

Yeah I know you're messing and I appreciate that... :dumdum

Yeah, your team has recruited very well and has had many talented players over the years - especially last year. But where has it gotten you? I'm telling you right now, something is wrong if you have talent like Daniel, Coffman, Maclin, Hood, Sulak, Moore, Weatherspoon, etc. and the best you can do is get annihilated by South teams (minus Oklahoma State) and a share of the Big 12 North. 2008 all of the stars were aligned and the best you could do was choke.

Congrats!

Oh yeah, and I am well aware Missou has stomped a mudhole in the Huskers and walked it dry the last few years. But those days are over. Looking forward to the game on October 8th. I hope everyone in the nation tunes in to watch.

Well in 2007 it got us the #4 ranking and 1 half of football away from the NC game, They let us dominate every team we played with the exception of OU who we diffenately competed with, but whatever.

I can just as easily sit here and say nothing wll change. It hasnt changed yet and NU hasnt proven it will change. Infact there was alot of big talk from NU fans and their players before the 07 & 08 game and we all know were that got you. I could sit and say that NU hasnt won a meaningful game against a ranked team in nearly 9 years. I can talk about the whoppings that you have taken on National TV over the past few years.

Truth is, not a darn bit of that matters. It doesnt change what happened and doesnt really change the upcoming years. Maybe NU WILL win in Columbia. Maybe Mu will win big again like they have the last 3 times the game was played there. Maybe they will tie in a never ending game of OT's. Who knows...

I dont come here to talk smack. I think that over the last year I have proven to be a good poster to this board. I posted something that was nothing but the truth. And a little jab at Jen. She knows its a joke and she does her share of jabs at me. I just have one question for you. Was something seriously wrong with Tom Osborn? Did his teams blow it and suck and choke, and every other insult Nebraska fans throw around. Cause he didnt WIN JACK for 20+ years with some GREAT talent in a WEAK conference. So before you talk about your great past and put others down for the same types of seasons you should think about it. Do you really believe NU had 20+ years of failures inbetween titles? Just a thought...

Well in 2007 it got us the #4 ranking and 1 half of football away from the NC game, They let us dominate every team we played with the exception of OU who we diffenately competed with, but whatever.

I can just as easily sit here and say nothing wll change. It hasnt changed yet and NU hasnt proven it will change. Infact there was alot of big talk from NU fans and their players before the 07 & 08 game and we all know were that got you. I could sit and say that NU hasnt won a meaningful game against a ranked team in nearly 9 years. I can talk about the whoppings that you have taken on National TV over the past few years.

Truth is, not a darn bit of that matters. It doesnt change what happened and doesnt really change the upcoming years. Maybe NU WILL win in Columbia. Maybe Mu will win big again like they have the last 3 times the game was played there. Maybe they will tie in a never ending game of OT's. Who knows...

I dont come here to talk smack. I think that over the last year I have proven to be a good poster to this board. I posted something that was nothing but the truth. And a little jab at Jen. She knows its a joke and she does her share of jabs at me. I just have one question for you. Was something seriously wrong with Tom Osborn? Did his teams blow it and suck and choke, and every other insult Nebraska fans throw around. Cause he didnt WIN JACK for 20+ years with some GREAT talent in a WEAK conference. So before you talk about your great past and put others down for the same types of seasons you should think about it. Do you really believe NU had 20+ years of failures inbetween titles? Just a thought...

I probably wouldn't call them failures, but I would definitely call them disappointments.

Although "not a darn bit of that matters" because it "doesn't really change the upcoming years." My point was that I have never thought of Pinkel as a very good coach. I also find it interesting that he has kept his assistant coaches all of these years and suddenly they bolt for new jobs. Yeah, you can say it was because they had a great opportunity and decided to act on it, but haven't they had opportunities in the past? Why didn't they take those but decided to now?

We will see if Missou is able to reload or if they will be in the rebuilding process this year.

I probably wouldn't call them failures, but I would definitely call them disappointments.

Although "not a darn bit of that matters" because it "doesn't really change the upcoming years." My point was that I have never thought of Pinkel as a very good coach. I also find it interesting that he has kept his assistant coaches all of these years and suddenly they bolt for new jobs. Yeah, you can say it was because they had a great opportunity and decided to act on it, but haven't they had opportunities in the past? Why didn't they take those but decided to now?

We will see if Missou is able to reload or if they will be in the rebuilding process this year.

I am a little disapointed with last year, yeah. But It was still a pretty good year. Not great. But good. 10 wins is really good for a team that a decade ago avg. like 4 a year.

Well Coach E had been interviewing for about 3 years. Never got a second interview. There was alot of presure to replace him and it was pretty good deal for him. He is friends with Mangini and he needed a new LB coach. So E. took the job. May close to the program think the GP helped him get out so that he would not have to fire him. Christianson had been offered the Toledo job previously but didnt want that one. He had interviewed for a few others since 2005, but wanted to be a HC. He didnt have any offers for HC besides Toledo a few years back and 1-AA jobs. When Wyoming became available he took it.

You can look at it one of two ways.

#1. as you are implying that they had all the opportunities to leave and didnt. But did leave now because they knew the team was going to stink so they ran away

or #2. They have wanted to advance their careers and never had the right oppotunities to do so untill MU started getting national attention over the past 2 years. Suddenly they had a the chances they had been working for so they took them

Its all in how you word it.

And you are right. we will see about MU. A very young team, alot of unproven players. But Micheal, you must admit, thats what makes it fun. NU is in almost the same situation and you are excited to see these guys and what they can do. Just as I am about my team. We will both find out over the next few months if the hype is real and if there is the talent we all believe and hope is there. Its a fun time of year. :cheers

Neither side has much room talk.

Missouri and their fans...well, whatever. Give it a few more seasons with consistently good/competitive teams and you'll probably have some ground to stand on. But it won't change that a large chunk of your fans are disgraces to your team.

Nebraska...there is room for optimism, just like at Missouri, but we still have a long way to go. We've seen one season under Pelini, so let's just see if things continue to improve. I think we're still in for our share of ups and downs over the next few seasons.

I am a little disapointed with last year, yeah. But It was still a pretty good year. Not great. But good. 10 wins is really good for a team that a decade ago avg. like 4 a year.

Well Coach E had been interviewing for about 3 years. Never got a second interview. There was alot of presure to replace him and it was pretty good deal for him. He is friends with Mangini and he needed a new LB coach. So E. took the job. May close to the program think the GP helped him get out so that he would not have to fire him. Christianson had been offered the Toledo job previously but didnt want that one. He had interviewed for a few others since 2005, but wanted to be a HC. He didnt have any offers for HC besides Toledo a few years back and 1-AA jobs. When Wyoming became available he took it.

#1. as you are implying that they had all the opportunities to leave and didnt. But did leave now because they knew the team was going to stink so they ran away

or #2. They have wanted to advance their careers and never had the right oppotunities to do so untill MU started getting national attention over the past 2 years. Suddenly they had a the chances they had been working for so they took them

And you are right. we will see about MU. A very young team, alot of unproven players. But Micheal, you must admit, thats what makes it fun. NU is in almost the same situation and you are excited to see these guys and what they can do. Just as I am about my team. We will both find out over the next few months if the hype is real and if there is the talent we all believe and hope is there. Its a fun time of year. :cheers

Hhhhmmm, I wonder why you would rate Wyoming over Toledo. Toledo seemingly has better teams the last 10 years, also seems to be a good school to launch from. I don't get that choice.

Missouri never "competed" with OU, from what I remember.

Thats because you dont remember very well ;) Leading in Norman in the 4th Qtr. Tied at half in the big 12 championship game. I would say thats competing. How easy it is to forget the dropped interception in the endzone by Pig Brown and MU fumbling inside their own 20 right after that giving OU two quick scores to take the lead in the 4th. Many forgot that MU had to kick 3 FG's inside OU's 15 yrd line. They couldnt punch it in when down there. A credit to OU but its not like MU wasnt moving the ball on them.

Yes they got slapped around last year, as did about everyother team that played OU. :lol:

Hhhhmmm, I wonder why you would rate Wyoming over Toledo. Toledo seemingly has better teams the last 10 years, also seems to be a good school to launch from. I don't get that choice.

I dont know outside of the fact that he came from Toledo. So maybe he knows more about the program and administration than most. Tom Amstutz is a friend of his and former colege, so that could be behind that story as well

Thats because you dont remember very well ;) Leading in Norman in the 4th Qtr. Tied at half in the big 12 championship game. I would say thats competing. How easy it is to forget the dropped interception in the endzone by Pig Brown and MU fumbling inside their own 20 right after that giving OU two quick scores to take the lead in the 4th. Many forgot that MU had to kick 3 FG's inside OU's 15 yrd line. They couldnt punch it in when down there. A credit to OU but its not like MU wasnt moving the ball on them.

Yes they got slapped around last year, as did about everyother team that played OU. :lol:

Did they play them twice in '07?

Tied at half in the Big 12 CG doesn't mean much considering how bad the second half turned out.

Did they play them twice in '07?

Tied at half in the Big 12 CG doesn't mean much considering how bad the second half turned out.

Yep played twice in 07, the only team they lost to. Darn Sooners <_<

The second half wasnt great, but thats where those 3 FG's came into play. If they would have been able to punch those in like they had all year it would have be a different story, but thats the game. If all those 'if's, ands & buts' were candy and nuts Fro Daddy would be fatter than he already is. ;)

Geez, I can feel this guy's pain I guess... One time, I was in Chadron (yes, the Garden of Eden) getting drunk in a bar and CU was playing us on the 'not so big screen' in this bar and two girls from Colorado came in and were badmouthing Nebraska football. I was drunk, so I sort of lamblasted their efforts at riling the crowd and we had quite a sparring contest going and I realized: Hey, I'm drunk... and impassioned with my team... but REALLY I'm kinda sounding like a DOUCHEBAG (summer's eve brand as I recall now) so I apologized and stopped. I know how it feels to get wound up tighter'n a pitbull on meth about Nebraska football, so I read this guy's rant and I think: Dude. You are a fan, enjoy the rivalry and get over it. That's all really...

both teams have questions on both sides of the ball but nebraska's best bet was a punishing ground game to take pressure off a juco qb with no PT in big 12. losing q hurts as hulu was hurt last yr and has had some problems this yr. the vaunted D was torched by OU and MU at home and lost several good players, lot of inexperience replacing. Both fans will find out who their team is after october game. NU doesn't appear to have the talent to run with Vtech in their house, while IL was 5-7, Zook is a very good recruiter and has assembled a highly rated skilled offense, their D, not so much. Will be interesting starts for both teams.

IMO which is all anyone has, MU appears more talented on Offense by far, two returning proven receivers and a load of new talent, easily best running back tandem in north and as you all know the top Pro style qb in that class but still hasn't thrown a pass that mattered, who has taken charge of fall camp. How will they do? we shall see.

as always it will be entertaining, it isn't life or death.

I agree with an earlier poster, would someone in the north please beat OU or TX! Then someone in the north can talk all the smack they want. till then we are battling for "the best of the rest".

I am someone who appreciates the stance you are taking. What a limited curse vocabulary. Dude wouldnt last two minutes in a verbal battle with me.

Use some imagination, mix it up. It would definitely add dramatic affect. :lol:

So maybe Missouri doesn't need to be humbled so much as they need a thesaurus?

If it doesn't involve coloring or scratch-n-sniff, it isn't in their library.