AP Poll

Knowing Granny Holtz as well as I do...

You gotta know he really hates ND (the administration at least)..And every year, he sets up their fans for high expectations making himself appear that much better because he was the last coach to get much out of their anual five star recruiting classes.

Imagine if T.O. would've been their coach all those years with all those recruiting classes...

They'd really, really be hated then and probably never have lost a game.

Sorry, but it seems like everyone is going insane over a #23 rating. As if ND has spent lots of time ranked highly in the last couple of years. But even so, I hope the Huskers have a great season, despite this ND hating. :cheers

Welcome to the board.. :clap

I always relish hearing from fans of other teams..This :yeah attitude can get old..fast.

Notre Dame has so many fans..I can see why they should get mentioned every year..If just to bolster the publication's readership..

We Husker fans know how sad the upcoming seasons can be if no one notices us or when ESPN doesn't talk about us.

Why do that to that sizable of a chunk of college Football fans?...Give them a little hope and keep them around eagerly anticipating your next issue.

Sorry, but it seems like everyone is going insane over a #23 rating. As if ND has spent lots of time ranked highly in the last couple of years. But even so, I hope the Huskers have a great season, despite this ND hating. :cheers

Welcome to the board.. :clap

I always relish hearing from fans of other teams..This :yeah attitude can get old..fast.

Notre Dame has so many fans..I can see why they should get mentioned every year..If just to bolster the publication's readership..

We Husker fans know how sad the upcoming seasons can be if no one notices us or when ESPN doesn't talk about us.

Why do that to that sizable of a chunk of college Football fans?...Give them a little hope and keep them around eagerly anticipating your next issue.

I understand. I just disagree that ND is always overrated in the polls. Over-covered or over-exposed when good or bad? That can be another story. And, believe me, if I weren't an ND fan, I'd probably hate them for that reason, too.

Btw, the "Real Men of Genius- Hopeless Notre Dame Fan" = hysterical.

Notre Dame will always be over-rated...that's just the way it is... :dunno

The one part of this poll that has me scratching my head is that Mississippi is in the top 10.

:wtf

They went 9-4 last year and lost to: Wake Forest, Vanderbilt and South Carolina. Given how good Alabama was losing to them is understandable.

Oh wait...they beat Jesus Tebow and the Florida Gaytors... :bang

How a team can go from 9-4 one season to the top 10 next season, based on one victory, is puzzling to be sure.

Why does Ole Miss surprise you? They were pretty good last year and losing to Wake Forest doesn't mean that they're bad. Wake Forest did beat Clemson so does that make Nebraska a bad team too? Ole Miss did lose to Alabama too but Bama was a tough team last year until the end of the season. Vanderbilt was undefeated until going into week 6 against Mississippi State and Vanderbilt was even ranked in the top 20 at one point until losing 4 straight. Ole Miss did beat both LSU and Florida on the road and they had a HUGE upset over Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl.

Ole Miss is returning their starting QB from last year and he's only a Junior and their top 2 receivers are back: Dexter McCluster and Cordera Eason. They also have 10 returning on Offense and 8 returning on Defense. They'll be really good this year should give Florida a run for their money on Ole Miss home field.

I will agree with you about Notre Dame and I couldn't believe that ND is ranked higher than us. ND was pathetic last year and there was talk that Weis was going to be jobless but then they beat a mediocre Hawaii team in Hawaii and Clausen threw what 4-5 TD passes during that game and all of a sudden ESPN is all over ND like white on rice. ND went freakin 7-6 last year.

Notre Dame will always be over-rated...that's just the way it is... :dunno

The one part of this poll that has me scratching my head is that Mississippi is in the top 10.

:wtf

They went 9-4 last year and lost to: Wake Forest, Vanderbilt and South Carolina. Given how good Alabama was losing to them is understandable.

Oh wait...they beat Jesus Tebow and the Florida Gaytors... :bang

How a team can go from 9-4 one season to the top 10 next season, based on one victory, is puzzling to be sure.

Why does Ole Miss surprise you? They were pretty good last year and losing to Wake Forest doesn't mean that they're bad. Wake Forest did beat Clemson so does that make Nebraska a bad team too? Ole Miss did lose to Alabama too but Bama was a tough team last year until the end of the season. Vanderbilt was undefeated until going into week 6 against Mississippi State and Vanderbilt was even ranked in the top 20 at one point until losing 4 straight. Ole Miss did beat both LSU and Florida on the road and they had a HUGE upset over Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl.

Ole Miss is returning their starting QB from last year and he's only a Junior and their top 2 receivers are back: Dexter McCluster and Cordera Eason. They also have 10 returning on Offense and 8 returning on Defense. They'll be really good this year should give Florida a run for their money on Ole Miss home field.

I will agree with you about Notre Dame and I couldn't believe that ND is ranked higher than us. ND was pathetic last year and there was talk that Weis was going to be jobless but then they beat a mediocre Hawaii team in Hawaii and Clausen threw what 4-5 TD passes during that game and all of a sudden ESPN is all over ND like white on rice. ND went freakin 7-6 last year.

I hate Houston Nutt, but with Jevan Snead as QB..I expect them to finish in the top 10 this season.

If he comes out, I'd bet he's the first QB taken in the NFL draft.

Saying that ND will be in the MNC is like saying Clemson will make it to the MNC this year.

Why the hate?

No hate as much as just being honest and accurate.

I feel as though Clemson has a better chance at winning the MNC than Notre Dame. Just because they dominated a sorry team in the bowl game, they all of a sudden have as good of a chance as a team that hung around with a legitimate top 20 team in their bowl game?

They have a better chance of their coach tearing his ACL on the sideline again than winning a MNC, I'll go on to say that they'll lose their bowl game too.

Saying that ND will be in the MNC is like saying Clemson will make it to the MNC this year.

Why the hate?

No hate as much as just being honest and accurate.

I feel as though Clemson has a better chance at winning the MNC than Notre Dame. Just because they dominated a sorry team in the bowl game, they all of a sudden have as good of a chance as a team that hung around with a legitimate top 20 team in their bowl game?

They have a better chance of their coach tearing his ACL on the sideline again than winning a MNC, I'll go on to say that they'll lose their bowl game too.

:yeah

I'll have to agree with Killer Cat on this one because Clemson sure does have a better defense than ND