Bo Pelini on Jim Rome

to be honest, a conversation with jason peter is pretty educational. here's a guy who had it all and thru a combination of happenstance (injury) and personal weakness (drugs... lots and lots of drugs) ended up rock bottom.

how he crawled from the bottom back to being a productive human being again is a good story.

I appreciate Rome's longevity in the field. It's tough to stay at that level as long as he has, so I respect him for that.

He lost me when he first came to my attention when he did that interview with the whole Jim Everett/Chris Everett thing where Everett threw the table aside in what is still one of the worst acting jobs on reality television. It was stupid and ignorant and preyed on the worst of human behavior, but everyone reveled in it like Rome was cool for being a jerk. Jerks aren't cool, they're jerks. Making a career out of being a jerk... yeah. I'll watch something else.

I've listened to Rome's show every once in a while, but his whole schtick is off-putting to me. The whole tough guy, cocky guy, whatever. If that "fight" between he and Everett had been real, Everett would have demolished Rome in two punches. That's not cocky or tough. That's just some runt being stupid.

My sentiments exactly..

Although I like him better now, than when he was Brandon Walsh on Beverly Hills 90210 :box

uczUKTwgqeY

Glenn, BC recruit. Witt, BC recruit. Castille, BC recuit. Now that I spelled it out, do you see the pattern? And this is all theory... you know as much as I do about the innerworkings in the lockerroom, etc. Until Bo or Q speaks up, my guess is as good as anybodys. At least I am thinking instead of following the pack.

Mason Wald, Justin Rogers? Even Jon Levorson to an extent.

Besides, there's that half-class of Bo's recruits where you could argue about many of them (NOT Wald or Rogers, by the way) as 'belong to' this staff or the previous one, and the rest of Bo's recruits are true freshmen.

I don't see where your logic even comes from.

Glenn, BC recruit. Witt, BC recruit. Castille, BC recuit. Now that I spelled it out, do you see the pattern? And this is all theory... you know as much as I do about the innerworkings in the lockerroom, etc. Until Bo or Q speaks up, my guess is as good as anybodys. At least I am thinking instead of following the pack.

You have every right to change your mind.

However, your assertion that QC was kicked off the team because he was a recruit of the former coach is ridiculous to say the least.

And, do I really need to run down the list of players that the former coach "ran off" when he took over for Frank Solich? Do you really want to open that can of worms?

Mason Wald, Justin Rogers? Even Jon Levorson to an extent.

Besides, there's that half-class of Bo's recruits where you could argue about many of them (NOT Wald or Rogers, by the way) as 'belong to' this staff or the previous one, and the rest of Bo's recruits are true freshmen.

I don't see where your logic even comes from.

Not to mention that the majority of the roster last year and to some extent this year are Callahan recruits. Guess what that does to the percentages.........