Bo Pelini on Jim Rome

It's great hearing Rome pump up Nebraska. He bucks the trend on ESPN.

Romey is the ONLY national talk show host that has given been Nebraska attention year after year.

True that and he really has like him or not.....I like Rome by the way I watch his show almost everyday. I remember when he had Bo on his show last year and Bo was like "Memorial Stadium is our jungle so bring it" or something like that. Boy did that get me pumped up.

Just coach talk. nothing groundshaking.

He talked about the youth at our offensive skill positions, but there are some playmakers. Said Lee has all the tools be great, the only thing he lacks right now is experience, but he thinks that Lee is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

They talked a lot about where the program is at...

Pelini said that from the time he left Lincoln, until the time he came back as a HC the program had been torn... he feels that there is a lot more unity within the state, program, team, admin. now, but they still need to prove a lot on the field.

Rome asked if NU is back and Pelini mentioned that we have made great progress, but there is a long ways to go right now.

The Castille situation:

Pelini said he wouldn't say WHY Q is gone. Basically the same things we have been hearing, stating the rules are pretty black and white. Q had been warned and stepped outside the lines. Right now is the time when they are making progress and setting the tone for the program so the rules will be followed. He mentioned that these players are a team, playing for the Red N on the side of their helmets, not just for themselves.

Rome gushed about Pelini for awhile afterwards, stating this is what was missing for years and he thinks pelini has the perfect attitude for the program.

interesting interview. i was up in arms over Q, but now I am thinking it has something more to do with him being a BC recruit making waves in Bo's system. nip it in the bud! Bo knows!!

You've got to be friggin kidding me. You really think Q being a BC recruit had anything at all to do with this? If that were the case, Suh would have been suspended after some of his questionable behavior the first quarter of the season last year.

The show can be a riot sometimes, but sometimes it can get irritating.

But overall, I typically enjoy listening to Jim Rome, and generally think he's a good guy.

Oh, and the interviews are almost always fantastic.

Can't wait for the season to start so we can stop all of the questioning & concerns and see some football already.

personally, I love rome.. missed the interview because i was in class today, of course, the 1st day of class is the day of this interview.... but sure a lot of people can't stand him but he's one of those guys... ya either like him or dont... i love listening to what he has to say and think he's great.. the Q being a BC guy is a bs comment by whoever through that ot there though... but back to the Rome thing... good publicity is good publicity.. We can take that over the LP garbage any day...

I appreciate Rome's longevity in the field. It's tough to stay at that level as long as he has, so I respect him for that.

He lost me when he first came to my attention when he did that interview with the whole Jim Everett/Chris Everett thing where Everett threw the table aside in what is still one of the worst acting jobs on reality television. It was stupid and ignorant and preyed on the worst of human behavior, but everyone reveled in it like Rome was cool for being a jerk. Jerks aren't cool, they're jerks. Making a career out of being a jerk... yeah. I'll watch something else.

I've listened to Rome's show every once in a while, but his whole schtick is off-putting to me. The whole tough guy, cocky guy, whatever. If that "fight" between he and Everett had been real, Everett would have demolished Rome in two punches. That's not cocky or tough. That's just some runt being stupid.

He talked about the youth at our offensive skill positions, but there are some playmakers. Said Lee has all the tools be great, the only thing he lacks right now is experience, but he thinks that Lee is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Pelini said that from the time he left Lincoln, until the time he came back as a HC the program had been torn... he feels that there is a lot more unity within the state, program, team, admin. now, but they still need to prove a lot on the field.

Rome asked if NU is back and Pelini mentioned that we have made great progress, but there is a long ways to go right now.

The Castille situation:

Pelini said he wouldn't say WHY Q is gone. Basically the same things we have been hearing, stating the rules are pretty black and white. Q had been warned and stepped outside the lines. Right now is the time when they are making progress and setting the tone for the program so the rules will be followed. He mentioned that these players are a team, playing for the Red N on the side of their helmets, not just for themselves.

Rome gushed about Pelini for awhile afterwards, stating this is what was missing for years and he thinks pelini has the perfect attitude for the program.

interesting interview. i was up in arms over Q, but now I am thinking it has something more to do with him being a BC recruit making waves in Bo's system. nip it in the bud! Bo knows!!

I think it is funny how you have completely changed your thought process on Bo compared to yesterday. On every thread you were saying how Bo is so inexperienced and should have discussed the situation with the Unity Council and TO, but now you say, "Bo knows!"

So what? People cant change their minds? and its nice that you remember me... I didnt remember you. Must have been all that sun I got yesterday cruising in my drop thinking about how sweet my season tickets are.

The Castille situation:

You've got to be friggin kidding me. You really think Q being a BC recruit had anything at all to do with this? If that were the case, Suh would have been suspended after some of his questionable behavior the first quarter of the season last year.

Glenn, BC recruit. Witt, BC recruit. Castille, BC recuit. Now that I spelled it out, do you see the pattern? And this is all theory... you know as much as I do about the innerworkings in the lockerroom, etc. Until Bo or Q speaks up, my guess is as good as anybodys. At least I am thinking instead of following the pack.

The Castille situation:

Glenn, BC recruit. Witt, BC recruit. Castille, BC recuit. Now that I spelled it out, do you see the pattern? And this is all theory... you know as much as I do about the innerworkings in the lockerroom, etc. Until Bo or Q speaks up, my guess is as good as anybodys. At least I am thinking instead of following the pack.

All of the guys you just mentioned were equally Shawn Watson's guys as they were BC's. Your point fits into exactly 0% of why Q was dismissed.

There's always one lemming in front. :)