Nebraska Fan Cans

The U of M (Gophers) pulled out as well. I am kind of on the fence on this one. I know it is petty, but if a university if claiming to be dry on campus then it kind of (emphasis on kind of) contradicts what they are doing.

They are already contradicting themselves by allowing beer sponsors to put advertisements on during their games.

The U of M (Gophers) pulled out as well. I am kind of on the fence on this one. I know it is petty, but if a university if claiming to be dry on campus then it kind of (emphasis on kind of) contradicts what they are doing.

They are already contradicting themselves by allowing beer sponsors to put advertisements on during their games.

Dang it Bill, never thought of that. unfortunately I don't think they have a say about that, the people who purchased the rights to the game then sell advertisements to anyone willing to help bring some of that money back.

Have to agree though, you do have a valid point. :wasted

:yeah It just goes to show, commerce tops "moral imperatives" every time!

Does anyone know what NU is doing about the Budweiser Fan cans that have come out in team colors? Here in Iowa the two universities are having a melt down because budweiser changed the color of their cans to Red and Gold and Black and Gold. It sounds like the Universities have contacted Bud and these cans will be discontinued for distribution here in Iowa. Someone tell me NU isn't this petty.

I dont know about Bud (I also live in Texas) but this is what we have down here. The Bud Light fan cans in maroon and white and burnt orange and white.

I hope you guys get to enjoy your Tool box red and white cans, I will not be buying the UT or A&M cans this fall- even if I have to drink another brand.

I will say it is a great marketing idea.

BUD LIGHT tailgate

you may have to enter your age to get access.

www.tailgateapproved.com (find the fan can section)

So I take it UT and the other Texas schools arent trying to say "copyright infringement" and saying AB is encouraging binge drinking? Because that is what the dousches at ISwho and Iowa are trying to do.

I went to a wedding this weekend that had both orange & white cans (Clemson) and garnet & black cans (South Carolina) and it was kinda cool. Everyone had they're team's colored can.

So have you heard if Clemson and SC are putting up a stink about them? I am just trying to figure out if ISU and Iowa are the dumbest Universities in the nation. Nothin but fun haters.

I haven't heard anything, I know since they first came out with the aluminum bottles, they've had orange ones in Clemson, and as far as I know nothing was ever said.

I have not heard of any problems with it and by judging on the votes via the bu light link above, Maroon and White is winning by 5% over anyone else. So those hicks in college station are eating (drinking) this up! :wasted

I would assume if the schools were getting .50 cents for every case sold they would be singing a different tune.

I would assume if the schools were getting .50 cents for every case sold they would be singing a different tune.

The school couldn't collect money from them, but I promise you the NCAA gets wind of your idea, you can almost guarantee they'll push schools to allow it. The NCAA are basically a bunch of ambulance chasers but if it can put money in their pocket, they'll do whatever it takes. They'd use the same excuse "it puts kids through school" and just collect the enormous profits that the schools should be getting.