Another true frosh vies for PT

Considering they are "swinging" marcel jones from right to left with the injury status of Smith they are probably putting Sirles over on the left to have jones be able to stay at right for good. any time a true frosh OL can make a splash I see that as a good thing regardless of where he's playing.

With both Marcel and DJ Jones at RT, we probably need somebody at LT behind Smith.

Very true, but I am just very concerned about the right side. I like what we have at LT, LG, and C (two deep). RG & RT are really starting to worry me with no one really stepping up.

Only RG concerns me right now as far as finding players. I think the Jones boys are both good players with Marcel being slightly better. The other concern I have is Smith staying healthy at LT.

Only RG concerns me right now as far as finding players. I think the Jones boys are both good players with Marcel being slightly better. The other concern I have is Smith staying healthy at LT.

Agreed. RG is my biggest concern, but I think it will eventually be Henry's job.

Marcel is slightly better, which is why he is switching back and forth between LT & RT.

I am very comfortable with the most important job on the o-line: LT. Smith is very talented. He has the size, strength, and speed to protect the blind side of our new starting QB. My only question with him is if he can stay healthy.

I really like the way our o-line looks on paper. It appears to be a solid group all the way through with very good depth due to key injuries last year. Not too many people are confident with Cotton, but to me, it appears that the o-line improved as the year went on in '08 and I look forward to seeing them on the field in '09.