Red field turf in Memorial Stadium

mcintyre1

If I could give my thoughts on this thread:

First off, I'm sure the term, "Board Nazis" is a reference to a Seinfeld episode entitled, "Soup Nazi". Here is some reliable information regarding that episode.

The term "Nazi" is used as an exaggeration of the excessively strict regimentation he constantly demands of his patrons. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soup_nazi

While not too far off, this board does resemble some of the qualities of that. For example, some attempt to censor the threads, like this one for example, because the ideals of having everything in Lincoln Nebraska stay exactly the same, year after year after year could be threatened. Oh yes, someone suggests putting red turf in Memorial Stadium on a message board (which might look kinda cool, maybe) and suddenly it's the thought police: Close the thread! Close the thread! :cop:

How bad is the board in the censorship department? We can't even the use word b-l-a-c-k-o-u-t, without it being censored. Think about it. We're censoring things that aren't even considered offensive by our society norms.

Here's an idea: If you don't like the ideas in the thread, post your disagreement with it. Let those who might like to discuss the notion, as crazy as it might seem.

I'm done. It's football season. Go big red (turf)!!

First off, I'm sure the term, "Board Nazis" is a reference to a Seinfeld episode entitled, "Soup Nazi". Here is some reliable information regarding that episode.

The term "Nazi" is used as an exaggeration of the excessively strict regimentation he constantly demands of his patrons. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soup_nazi

While not too far off, this board does resemble some of the qualities of that. For example, some attempt to censor the threads, like this one for example, because the ideals of having everything in Lincoln Nebraska stay exactly the same, year after year after year could be threatened. Oh yes, someone suggests putting red turf in Memorial Stadium on a message board (which might look kinda cool, maybe) and suddenly it's the thought police: Close the thread! Close the thread! :cop:

How bad is the board in the censorship department? We can't even the use word b-l-a-c-k-o-u-t, without it being censored. Think about it. We're censoring things that aren't even considered offensive by our society norms.

Here's an idea: If you don't like the ideas in the thread, post your disagreement with it. Let those who might like to discuss the notion, as crazy as it might seem.

I'm sorry, but no.

I'm sorry, but no.

Excellent point you just made. I retract everything I just said in my previous post. Thank you for leading me to see the light.

While not too far off, this board does resemble some of the qualities of that. For example, some attempt to censor the threads, like this one for example, because ***CENSORED*** as it might seem.

Oooops. My bad...

While not too far off, this board does resemble some of the qualities of that. For example, some attempt to censor the threads, like this one for example, because ***CENSORED*** as it might seem.

Oooops. My bad...

LMAO.

i don't think that red turf would look good

but i would like to see us roll out the old astroturf for a game :)

You think THAT's bad...

Some on here are so afraid of fire (flames)...

Try an experiment and see how fast this thread gets closed if two (or less?) of us starts saying naughty things about the previous coach whose name probably cannot be used. :ahhhhhhhh

:dedhoarse

As far as the red turf goes...I really wouldn't care as long as it was a temporary "spray on hair in a can" type stuff and could maybe be tied to something like Breast Cancer awareness..Hey..Pink?

We could get that pink panther insulation company to chip in..

But if I could choose the colour..ONE tone of green..preferably as dark as they can get it while still confusing the grasshoppers.

You think THAT's bad...

Try an experiment and see how fast this thread gets closed if two (or less?) of us starts saying naughty things about the previous coach whose name probably cannot be used. :ahhhhhhhh

As far as the red turf goes...I really wouldn't care as long as it was a temporary "spray on hair in a can" type stuff and could maybe be tied to something like Breast Cancer awareness..Hey..Pink?

But if I could choose the colour..ONE tone of green..preferably as dark as they can get it while still confusing the grasshoppers.

Is it too late to invoke Godwin's rule? <_<

You think THAT's bad...

If we do..We'd definitely need to impose Quirk's Exception....

And then somebody somewhere would insist on installing a nazometer.. And :dunno those things are next to impossible to calibrate properly..

Godwin's Lawth

You think THAT's bad...

If we do..We'd definitely need to impose Quirk's Exception....

And then somebody somewhere would insist on installing a nazometer.. And :dunno those things are next to impossible to calibrate properly..

Godwin's Lawth

So a mild form would be to refer to Fascism and Mussolini :dunno