Game ball goes to...

Zac Lee. He was under control and not hyper like Ganz. He managed the game very well. He gets rid of the ball smooth and quickly. There was four dropped passes by WR/TE, one ball he purposely threw away, and one he floated for an INT. He was solid, close to perfect.

For just his first game as a starter, it was hands down a better performance than Ganz, Keller, Taylor, etc had in their first starts running the Huskers offense.. way, way better. He gets game ball IMO.

I agree with this other than Lee having a better start than Ganz. Joe went for 405 yards 4 TDs and 0 INTs in his first game. Not saying Lee wasn't great last night, but you can't take away the fact that Ganz played lights out right out of the gate.

E: I almost forgot, my game ball goes to Gilleylen, because he proved he could get open AND make the catches when he did. So much for Niles Paul being "the man".

Helu, or the entire D

I would not give it to the D at all. We allowed FAU over 100 yards rushing and it didn't seem like our Defensive Lineman were evening trying to get to the QB at time. I think that our D-Line needs to be more aggressive at attacking the QB....I don't think that we even got a QB sack.

My vote would go to Helu. Helu had 152 yards rushing and 3 TD's he'll probably be the Big 12 Player of the Week if Gabbert doesn't get it.

Yeah not a single sack. Couple of knockdowns I think but no sacks.

To be fair, I think the lack of D penetration was due to the vanilla D the staff ran and FAU's stupid decision to get max protection all the time. I saw few blitz packages and and I don't care how good you are, if you keep enuf wide bodies in for pass pro, the QB ain't gonna get his uni dirty.

Helu, or the entire D

I would not give it to the D at all. We allowed FAU over 100 yards rushing and it didn't seem like our Defensive Lineman were evening trying to get to the QB at time. I think that our D-Line needs to be more aggressive at attacking the QB....I don't think that we even got a QB sack.

My vote would go to Helu. Helu had 152 yards rushing and 3 TD's he'll probably be the Big 12 Player of the Week if Gabbert doesn't get it.

Yeah not a single sack. Couple of knockdowns I think but no sacks.

To be fair, I think the lack of D penetration was due to the vanilla D the staff ran and FAU's stupid decision to get max protection all the time. I saw few blitz packages and and I don't care how good you are, if you keep enuf wide bodies in for pass pro, the QB ain't gonna get his uni dirty.

Contributing factor to D-line's lack of penetration is that FAU had 8 in the box it seemed like most of the first half, we did have some takeaways at the next levels. No worries in my book on the front 4 making noise this season.

GB goes to Helu and the O-line. Lee was mostly untouched which allowed him to relax and get in the groove to drive the offense. Helu picked up where he left off last year, I can't believe the guy gained 20 lbs and got quicker...

GBR