Green the starter by Conference time?

Billyball

He knew offensive coordinator Shawn Watson wasn’t going to dial up any play he couldn’t handle.

“We have quarterback meetings on Fridays and Coach Watson ... gives us a call sheet of all our plays and says, ‘Mark what you know. Mark what you can actually run with your eyes closed, and that’s what I’m going to call for you,’” Green said.

Green said he marked “maybe 15 out of 320” plays on the sheet. How many did starter Zac Lee mark? Green smiled. “All of them.”

Here is the link of the full story

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2009/09/09...89308066200.txt[/url]

Precisely why there should be no attempt to create a QB controversy. CG is a team player, and understands whats missing from his playbook affects his teams chances. his acknowledgment that he has 4% of the playbook down needs to be respected. We all know he is a special talent...but as a team guy, he's up front about his own limitations. Lets say he can add 10 plays a week? Or some other number...sheesh, as games go we should enjoy his visits, and be realistic about it.

wait for it

wait for it

wait

wait

Lee, barring injury, starts not only every game this year but next year as well?

Green has taken a small handfull of snaps in one game against an inferior beaten down opponent in meaningless time and it feels like at least half of the Husker nation is already calling for a change.

How are the boards going to read after the 4th game next year when Green still is the backup?

Is it so hard to believe that Zac Lee might be extremely good?

Lee will start for 2 years, my only hope is the Lee unfaithful step back at some point and give the player his due. If Lee read these message boards (i doubt he does) how do you think this looks to him.

Reading this garbage after having a very very solid game, leading us to a blowout win, watching your backup( the guy you clearly beat out) come in and run a couple of series and have a nice run and then going home and reading how the backup should start now or by conference or at least get a couple of series a half, whatever, would be disturbing.

Lets not forget that the only reason Green got to play at all is because our defense held them to 3 points and our offense, led by (the guy we want benched) staked us to a lead large enough to allow the BACKUPS to enter the game.

Ever heard of the phrase set up to fail? Well that is the situation we are putting Lee in. I can already see it, a close loss somewhere along the way where Lee completes 70% of his passes, throws for 3 scores, and has 0 picks, we lose due to a fumble or just simply get beat by 3 points, and the masses will be SCREAMING at the top of their lungs that had Green been in the game we would have won.

While i dont want us to lose a game ever, it might actually be the best thing if Lee were to get a little dinged up and miss 1 game only and have Green start and lose.

Green is going to be very good, maybe even awesome, but not for 2 years. Again, is it so hard to believe that Lee might also be very good, maybe even awesome?

And you know this two year scenario from one game in which a Jr. College QB started over a true Freshman exactly how?

Nobody wants Lee to fail. Nobody as far as I know has a dog in the fight as far as personalities go as you would have it. I just feel the coaches

1) Envision a greatly expanded role for Green in meaningful situations--I would say if we have trouble when we play a good team, even possibly become the starter

OR

2) They would have redshirted him --certainly through the first blow out game.

Everybody here trusts the coaches. Just like you did above, they think about the future and their crystal ball is just as clear as the one you are using!!

Dude! Get this through your thick skull!

We have 3...count it...3! scholarship QBs on this team that are capable of lining up behind center. One is a converted linebacker and the other is a true freshman who knows 15 plays comfortably. That doesn't leave the coaches many choices on who Zac Lee's backup is going to be, and as great as you think your "they didn't redshirt green so he has to eventually start this season" conspiracy is, guess what? Lee needs a backup. Every QB needs one.

The coaches put Green in because A - he is the second best QB we have, and B - they want him to get some actual gametime reps so that when he does eventually take over, he won't be a Landry Jones out there.

Just get over it. And get ready to have people say they told you so, because you're premature ejaculation over Cody Green is getting absurd.

I was hoping we'd be able to redshirt Green, too...but now that he's played I think it was the right decision.

It will show recruits that they CAN earn playing time as true freshmen if they are ready, which may help tip the scales for a kid we want to come to Lincoln.

Also, I don't think we are in a position yet to be stockpiling talent at QB; if Green earned the backup spot (which obviously he did), we need him there and he needs to get reps so we don't have an OU situation pop up some time this season. Pelini needs to win NOW, he knows that, and if getting Cody game experience helps accomplish that goal this season, then so be it.

Green is not getting the same treatment as Harrison Beck, and it's unlikely he's going to wind up 3rd or 4th on the depth chart the following summer.

As far as LTW getting snaps, I think we have to consider the possibility that LTW just isn't that good - and they don't want him to redshirt. Like Tyson Hetzer didn't redshirt last year.

We have 3...count it...3! scholarship QBs on this team that are capable of lining up behind center. One is a converted linebacker and the other is a true freshman who knows 15 plays comfortably. That doesn't leave the coaches many choices on who Zac Lee's backup is going to be, and as great as you think your "they didn't redshirt green so he has to eventually start this season" conspiracy is, guess what? Lee needs a backup. Every QB needs one.

The coaches put Green in because A - he is the second best QB we have, and B - they want him to get some actual gametime reps so that when he does eventually take over, he won't be a Landry Jones out there.

Just get over it. And get ready to have people say they told you so, because you're premature ejaculation over Cody Green is getting absurd.

QFT.

wait for it

wait for it

wait

wait

Lee, barring injury, starts not only every game this year but next year as well?

Green has taken a small handfull of snaps in one game against an inferior beaten down opponent in meaningless time and it feels like at least half of the Husker nation is already calling for a change.

How are the boards going to read after the 4th game next year when Green still is the backup?

Is it so hard to believe that Zac Lee might be extremely good?

Lee will start for 2 years, my only hope is the Lee unfaithful step back at some point and give the player his due. If Lee read these message boards (i doubt he does) how do you think this looks to him.

Reading this garbage after having a very very solid game, leading us to a blowout win, watching your backup( the guy you clearly beat out) come in and run a couple of series and have a nice run and then going home and reading how the backup should start now or by conference or at least get a couple of series a half, whatever, would be disturbing.

Lets not forget that the only reason Green got to play at all is because our defense held them to 3 points and our offense, led by (the guy we want benched) staked us to a lead large enough to allow the BACKUPS to enter the game.

Ever heard of the phrase set up to fail? Well that is the situation we are putting Lee in. I can already see it, a close loss somewhere along the way where Lee completes 70% of his passes, throws for 3 scores, and has 0 picks, we lose due to a fumble or just simply get beat by 3 points, and the masses will be SCREAMING at the top of their lungs that had Green been in the game we would have won.

While i dont want us to lose a game ever, it might actually be the best thing if Lee were to get a little dinged up and miss 1 game only and have Green start and lose.

Green is going to be very good, maybe even awesome, but not for 2 years. Again, is it so hard to believe that Lee might also be very good, maybe even awesome?

And you know this two year scenario from one game in which a Jr. College QB started over a true Freshman exactly how?

Nobody wants Lee to fail. Nobody as far as I know has a dog in the fight as far as personalities go as you would have it. I just feel the coaches

1) Envision a greatly expanded role for Green in meaningful situations--I would say if we have trouble when we play a good team, even possibly become the starter

OR

2) They would have redshirted him --certainly through the first blow out game.

Everybody here trusts the coaches. Just like you did above, they think about the future and their crystal ball is just as clear as the one you are using!!

Not only that, it's boring. Is there anything more yawn-worthy than a woman's intuition argument repeated seventeen times in one thread? There's only so much a person can take, and Billy Boy has strained the patience of just about everyone in the conversation.