An Invite to The Den

I see ASU won pretty impressively. Is ASU a team to wreckon with, or was the team they beat that bad?

Last weekend didn't tell us anything.

Miss Valley is a 3-8 1-AA team that most anyone could roll on.

We have a good running game, with unbelievable depth at RB. Our passing game is supposed to be a little better this year, but last week didn't give us the opportunity to work on it.

Our QB is a good one, and experienced. He doesn't hesitate to tuck the ball and run....and does that quite well. He has a very strong arm, and when he's on target, look out! Here's a clip of his arm strength in a game back in '06 at Memphis.....fondly remembered as the "Memphis Miracle".

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...videoid=3245252

Our defense should be strong....much stronger than what you saw last weekend.

Alex Carrington is for real....and will be a concern for you. 6-5, 285 lbs....and not an ounce of fat on him.

_DSC7074.jpg

stAte will raise some eyebrows this Saturday.....count on it.

Thanks for the invite! I looked around and it seems like a pretty good board. :)

I think you'll come in and do better than FAU who sputtered a little when it came to actually producing points (which I found surprising). But I also think you're going to see a defensive scheme that isn't quite as vanilla as what FAU saw. FAU had some good runs up the middle of our defense so I'll be interested in seeing if Ark. St. can have success there or if we'll plug those holes.

FAU had some good runs up the middle of our defense so I'll be interested in seeing if Ark. St. can have success there or if we'll plug those holes.

That's what I'm looking for.....how our running game will stack up against a top tier rushing defense.

I want to win this game, but honestly, it's our 'preseason'. I just want to come out of it healthy and warmed up for conference play.

FAU had some good runs up the middle of our defense so I'll be interested in seeing if Ark. St. can have success there or if we'll plug those holes.

That's what I'm looking for.....how our running game will stack up against a top tier rushing defense.

I want to win this game, but honestly, it's our 'preseason'. I just want to come out of it healthy and warmed up for conference play.

Well, we're playing 3 teams from the Sunbelt this year. So you'll be able to do the comparison game based on how each team fared against NU. Not an accurate representation, but fun for the fans.

I don't give Ark. St. much of a chance in this one. NU doesn't have any glaring weaknesses that can be exploited and should be strong on both sides of the ball. If they can hang with NU through the 1st half, I'd call that a moral victory. And if they can hang into the late 3rd or early 4th, they're a really good team. NU could always trip up and have a bunch of turnovers or be unfocused, but I just don't see it happening.

There is an interesting mix of clueless sunshine pumpers (I think anyways . . .) and knowledgeable sounding football fans on that board. Thanks for the invite.

Looks like around 40% are predicting an ASU win. While not out of the realm of possibility . . . I'd put it at more like 5%.

I think its because we play 1-2 big name teams every year and its always the same " I don't know anything about arky state, but I bet we win easy" responses.

Then gameday gets here and the fans of whatever team we are playing is always shocked that their starters played all 4 quarters and that they couldn't shut our offense down.

Do I think we will win? No.

Do I think you will run all over us? Absolutely not based on our recent history against BCS teams, with the exception of Alabama - who did have trouble moving the ball against our Defense. JP Wilson was 15/28 for 157 yards and 1 INT.

last 4 games:

Texas A&M W 18-14 (2008)

#2 Alabama L 35-0 (2008)

#4 Texas L 21-13 (2007)

Tennessee L 48-27 (2007)