An Invite to The Den

Thanks for the invite! I looked around and it seems like a pretty good board. :)

I think you'll come in and do better than FAU who sputtered a little when it came to actually producing points (which I found surprising). But I also think you're going to see a defensive scheme that isn't quite as vanilla as what FAU saw. FAU had some good runs up the middle of our defense so I'll be interested in seeing if Ark. St. can have success there or if we'll plug those holes.

I am one of the admins and our fans tend to be leery of visitors (bite first ask questions later) in large part due to some really bad experiences with OU fans who seem to show up every time we play a Big XII team, though so far not this year.

As to ASU, we have had our share of trouble finding the end zone in these sorts of games. We out-gained Texas by 50+ but scored only 13 (missed two field goals), out-gained TAMU by 100+ but only scored 18.

We tend to be a very right handed team and lost a starter at right tackle off a thin offensive line on Saturday night. Depth is a perpetual offensive line issue but we've managed a thousand yard rusher each of the past five seasons and eight of the last nine.

I'm a big fan of Reggie Arnold at tailback because he just pounds away, most any other school and he is a fullback. We don't have an established breakaway runner.

Corey Leonard at QB doesn't always make the smart play which is a surprise given that he will earn his master's degree in December in finance. Not a shifty runner at all but quick. Recruited to be a safety by Ole Miss came to ASU after taking his official visit to Ole Miss and watching ASU lose by 7, he realized he'd be a good fit at QB at ASU and became much more interested in our recruiting. He hangs around the 50% level in completions. Last year had a 2 to 1 TD to int ratio, prior to that was 1 to 1. Biggest knock is that he doesn't always let the game come to him. He'll hang on to the ball too long or force a throw. When he plays within what is there he's a special QB.

Defense is upper fourth of the Sun Belt/MAC/WAC/C-USA level.

How do you feel your team is compared to last season (I know it's way early in the season)? I'm curious because, in all honesty, Texas A&M was not a good team last year. I'm not saying it wasn't a good win for your program, but I'm more looking to it as a comparison to how you might do against NU, who is a much better team, I think.

How do you feel your team is compared to last season (I know it's way early in the season)? I'm curious because, in all honesty, Texas A&M was not a good team last year. I'm not saying it wasn't a good win for your program, but I'm more looking to it as a comparison to how you might do against NU, who is a much better team, I think.

Losing Dominic at RT is a huge question mark. If we can fill the hole, we should be better than last year.

There is an interesting mix of clueless sunshine pumpers (I think anyways . . .) and knowledgeable sounding football fans on that board. Thanks for the invite.

Looks like around 40% are predicting an ASU win. While not out of the realm of possibility . . . I'd put it at more like 5%.

I think its because we play 1-2 big name teams every year and its always the same " I don't know anything about arky state, but I bet we win easy" responses.

Then gameday gets here and the fans of whatever team we are playing is always shocked that their starters played all 4 quarters and that they couldn't shut our offense down.

Do I think we will win? No.

Do I think you will run all over us? Absolutely not based on our recent history against BCS teams, with the exception of Alabama - who did have trouble moving the ball against our Defense. JP Wilson was 15/28 for 157 yards and 1 INT.

last 4 games:

Texas A&M W 18-14 (2008)

#2 Alabama L 35-0 (2008)

#4 Texas L 21-13 (2007)

Tennessee L 48-27 (2007)

Based on those last 4 games I think we will have no trouble at all winning the game this weekend. Texas A&M last year was one of the worst football teams in the country and if I remember correctly you guys were favored going into that game. If A&M would have won it would have been considered an upset. The Texas game was close but that could have been a fluke or Ark St could have just played really good that day. The other 2 are total blow outs.

I think the final will end up being something like 56-21, huskers on top of course.

Based on those last 4 games I think we will have no trouble at all winning the game this weekend. Texas A&M last year was one of the worst football teams in the country and if I remember correctly you guys were favored going into that game. If A&M would have won it would have been considered an upset. The Texas game was close but that could have been a fluke or Ark St could have just played really good that day. The other 2 are total blow outs.

I think the final will end up being something like 56-21, huskers on top of course.

You remember incorrectly. ASU was 19 point dog.

I'm a big fan of Reggie Arnold at tailback because he just pounds away, most any other school and he is a fullback. We don't have an established breakaway runner.

This doesnt scare me and I actually think will be bad for Ark St. We have Suh up front and this means Arnold won't be able to run away from him, and Id LOVE to see him try and run over Suh...lol.

The bit about your QB hanging onto the ball too long or forcing a throw is interesting. We were horrible in the turnover margin last season, but I think we'll be much improved there this year. Holding onto the ball too long against our D-line could be bad for his health, hehe. Hopefully we can get some pressure on your QB and force a turnover or two.

Do you have much of a short passing game or is it more down the field? If we are getting pressure with just our front four and are watching for screens, a short passing game might compliment any running success you have.

Good guys here in arkstfan and fanof49ASU. :clap

Ive known them for a while on thier board and the Belt Board.

Theyll give you the straight scoop.

Sorry Huskerfans, I have to pull for stAte in this one and ULL in the next.

Confrence brother an all you understand.

Go get em Red Wolves!

Do the 'Belt proud, unlike my Owls. :bang

P.S. Watch out for SUH, guy is HUGE and FAST.

After reading through the posts over there, I'm def. not going to register, but it'll be interesting to monitor. There do seem to be a few people who actually know what they are talking about and don't mind having visitors to talk football.. However there seem to be a lot of people who are more like "idgaf about you" in their attitudes and are more delirious just because you guys played UT close 2 years ago... the same UT team that got beat by a BAD Kansas St team (42-21) and KSU got beat by one of our worst teams EVER 73-31... a Texas team that even we gave a game down in Austin (25-28 loss) by yet again, one of our worst teams, period. That was definitely an underachieving Texas team that wasn't afraid to look past an opponent. I really don't think that your game with them is worth that much when looking at this game. We've proven that we aren't going to look past someone. FAU fans thought they were going to be able to move the ball all over us (and they did put up some yards, but not points..) but 2 of their long drives came as the result of a bonehead roughing the passer and a TERRIBLE unsportsmanlike conduct penalty late.. Without those they don't break the 300 barrier. So numbers can be looked at multiple ways. I was watchin the score of the the Arkansas St game while at the husker game this past weekend, and i was impressed that they were putting up so many points.. 61 is impressive no matter who the opponent is.. we think that our defense will start to mix things up a little bit this week but it probably won't be everything.. I expect you guys to move the ball on us a little bit and actually put it in the endzone, but don't think it'll be a close game after half. Good Luck to ya