Nebraska Opponent #5: How good is Missouri?

carlfense

i like this parkville guy...seems like a very knowledgeable tiger fan much like fro!

Isn't there a rule that says only one knowledgeable fan from another team on the board at a time? :lol:

That would be the "KSU Rule" - we just haven't found one knowledgable KSU fan, however...

Hey just curious where at in Arkansas you live I'm near NLR, just trying to watch the game this weekend and Fox and the Hound isn't going to order it...

Jacksonville by way of...well, damn near everywhere. Air Force brat. When we lived in Omaha, I became a Husker fan. Odd, that...

ah good stuff man, same here, but ya where's a good place to watch the games around here? You'd think more places would have the game since state is playin...

Hard to say whether Misery is all that good or not. Of course the same is even more true for our team if we our honest. All the comparisons of FAU with Illinois seem a little "homie". Anyone would have taken the Illini over FAU if they played last Sat. and they were favored over the tiggers. I watched the ESPN replay and looked at the stats again.

Because we beat the team we paid to come here and get beat and Misery beat a team on a neutral site that was favored to beat them would give any wise student of the game some pause. I'm sure Bo was not pleased to see his first league opponent beat Illinoy that badly. Neither was I.

Another thing that is disturbing is that FAU had more yardage against us than Illinoy did against Misery.

We had no sacks against FAU and the Tiggers sacked Williams a few times. I never saw a blitz from either team. It is disappointing that with our DL we didn't get a sack against a weak opponent.

Our offense looked okay. We ran up the scoreboard, but it really wasn't as impressive a performance as the score.

Gabbert vs Lee.

Gabbert seemed unsettled a couple plays in the early going and had a grounding and threw another up for grabs. Lee looked pretty poised in his first start and not as rattled as Gabbert was on those two plays. But Gabbert was perfectly on target with most of his throws--where the reciever could get it in stride and the defender could not. Much more precise than Lee I think.

Misery's running game seemed to be non existant. Perhaps Illinoy was keying on them and didn't change the game plan, but it was anemic.

Our running game looked much better, but how strong is the defense of FAU?

I think a lot more FB needs to be played before we have a read on either team.

MY takeaway from the start. The tiggers are a lot better than I had hoped. Unless it was a fluke, we are in for one very tough game and all the bravado and "we'll pound them" is silly.

And I am wary of all of this talk that VT is a weak and overrated team that we will pummel. Alabama is a very good team and they shut down VT to 155 yards. We let FAU have more than twice that. I have no confidence that we are at this point as good as that Alabama team. It will be a dogfight.

We should be confident instead of cocky and lose the hubris until we beat somebody. We need to get much better before the tough games.

GBR

Just because you insert GBR does not make you a fan. Take a look at your highlights dawg.

From the unnecessary QB debate/controversy you started and demanded, to this post, I have yet to see any kind of team support from you. Either you are a troll, or a person that enjoys fire starting and calling it opinion and debate. Its tiring.

Whether Missouri is all that good or not, the same is NOT EVEN MORE TRUE for us. And that's me being honest.

We beat the team we paid here to come here and get beat? Wow, what a fan. Is that some kind of edgy point? Gee only Nebraska would do such a terrible thing. Shame on the Huskers.

If you are disturbed so much that the Huskers gave up more yards than Missouri did against Illinois, discuss it with your doctor. Because that sort of thing does not matter in week one.

We did not run up the scoreboard. We scored with our first and second units. That's the opponents responsibility to play defense and prevent the scoring.

And look, another post by you that mentions your disappointment in Zac Lee's throwing performance. That's rich.

And if you are questioning FAU's run defense instead of embracing a good run game by the offensive lineman, Roy Helu and Rex Burkhead, that's just a smack down on the group's effort.

By the way Top Gun, every wise student of the game knows that Illinois is a name recognition opponent only. They play like Illinois State without the State part.

i like this parkville guy...seems like a very knowledgeable tiger fan much like fro!

Isn't there a rule that says only one knowledgeable fan from another team on the board at a time? :lol:

That would be the "KSU Rule" - we just haven't found one knowledgable KSU fan, however...

Hey just curious where at in Arkansas you live I'm near NLR, just trying to watch the game this weekend and Fox and the Hound isn't going to order it...

FOX AND HOUND ORDERED THE MISSOURI GAME INSTEAD... NOT KIDDING>>>>Call and ask...

FOX AND HOUND ORDERED THE MISSOURI GAME INSTEAD... NOT KIDDING>>>>Call and ask...

:facepalm:

You still think it's funny to call the bowling alley and have them page "Mike Hunt," don't you?

its true about Fox and Hound in Omaha on 120th. Also this story is ABSOLUTLY TRUE. I had a boss at my job in college and his name was Mike Hunt. Not Micheal or any other like take on the name. His legal name was MIKE HUNT.

:laughpound