Would you want to see Nebraska play Boise State in a home and home?

Axl_sued_me

I would love to see NU play BSU home, home, and away. As for them playing high school teams - get real.

Okay. Maybe not literally high school teams, but let's just take a look at their "demanding" schedule:

vs. Oregon

vs. Miami (and not the good one)

at Fresno State

at Bowling Green

vs. UC Davis

at Tulsa

at Hawai'i

vs. San Jose State

at Louisiana Tech

vs. Idaho

at Utah State

vs. Nevada

vs. New Mexico State

I mean, who else is left on their schedule? Fresno State? Nevada? I mean, geez, how are they ever going to survive the two away games of Tulsa and Hawai'i back-to-back?

The schedule is laughable. These are teams that others would consider a "fluff" team they play in the non-conference schedule; Boise State considers them the "meat" of their schedule. It's pathetic.

I would love to see NU play BSU home, home, and away. As for them playing high school teams - get real.

Okay. Maybe not literally high school teams, but let's just take a look at their "demanding" schedule:

vs. Oregon

at Fresno State

at Bowling Green

vs. UC Davis

at Tulsa

at Hawai'i

vs. San Jose State

at Louisiana Tech

vs. Idaho

at Utah State

vs. Nevada

vs. New Mexico State

I mean, who else is left on their schedule? Fresno State? Nevada? I mean, geez, how are they ever going to survive the two away games of Tulsa and Hawai'i back-to-back?

The schedule is laughable. These are teams that others would consider a "fluff" team they play in the non-conference schedule; Boise State considers them the "meat" of their schedule. It's pathetic.

UC Davis??

:laughpound

I really don't see him going anywhere for a really long time after the way the Idaho and Portland area supported his family and son during their ordeal. His family is settled where they are and he talk about all the time the toll it took on him and his wife while he was away 80 hour weeks and his wife was either at home or at the hospital. All Chris Petersen has to do is find a decent QB and with no major competition near by he can land average recruits and continue to dominant in the WACK.

Honestly you can't fault them form being in the conference they are in. I mean lets face it even during the days of that coach we wont name; as bad as our team was we still had chances to win the North because we had no one in our division. You can only play the team that are assigned to you. They have actually tried to go out and prove they belong by playing quality conference opponents. So of the bigger programs they contact refuse to play them. So what else do we expect for them to do?

vs. Oregon

at Fresno State

at Bowling Green

vs. UC Davis

at Tulsa

at Hawai'i

vs. San Jose State

at Louisiana Tech

vs. Idaho

at Utah State

vs. Nevada

vs. New Mexico State

UC Davis??

:laughpound

Yet not one of them, including UC Davis, is as bad as Iowa State, Kansas State, and Colorado. In fact, BSU doesn't one Iowa State, KSU, orColorado on their entire schedule let alone 3.

I really don't see him going anywhere for a really long time after the way the Idaho and Portland area supported his family and son during their ordeal. His family is settled where they are and he talk about all the time the toll it took on him and his wife while he was away 80 hour weeks and his wife was either at home or at the hospital. All Chris Petersen has to do is find a decent QB and with no major competition near by he can land average recruits and continue to dominant in the WACK.

Honestly you can't fault them form being in the conference they are in. I mean lets face it even during the days of that coach we wont name; as bad as our team was we still had chances to win the North because we had no one in our division. You can only play the team that are assigned to you. They have actually tried to go out and prove they belong by playing quality conference opponents. So of the bigger programs they contact refuse to play them. So what else do we expect for them to do?

I highly doubt that T.O. would refuse an opportunity to play Boise State. Wonder if they contacted Nebraska since T.O. became A.D..

How bout Boise and NU switch for a season. We play in whatever lame ass conference they are in and they can roll with the big12. That would shut them up real quick when they go 6-6 and we go undefeated.

:clap

All things aside, I am completely opposed to this for no other reason than to boycott that hideous blue field. I hurts my brain and my eyes. I had to turn off the Oregon game for this reason. And it WAS damn hard to see their players.

Yet not one of them, including UC Davis, is as bad as Iowa State, Kansas State, and Colorado.

Okay, that's only three teams you listed.

Nebraska plays four teams that are currently ranked.

Boise State played Oregon, who was 16, and I can probably safely say that the remaining teams Boise State faces WILL NOT be ranked for the rest of the season.

Sorry. Your argument is very weak.

Boise State puts a good team on the field every year. They're very fast and very athletic.

Don't blame them for their schedule. Nobody wants to go there and play.

They beat just about everybody they play out of conference.

They beat Oklahomo in a BCS game just 2-3 years ago.

They beat Oregon (Top 15 team) this year AND last.

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid :koolaid2: and realize that the Huskers would be hard pressed to roll out of there with a win.

Boise State puts a good team on the field every year. They're very fast and very athletic.

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid :koolaid2: and realize that the Huskers would be hard pressed to roll out of there with a win.

Then I guess no one should blame the Big 10 teams for their schedule and call them weak then?

Besides Oregon, who will Boise State face this year that is so impressive?

Trust me, Oregon will not end up being a Top 15 school. :rolleyes:

And why are they entitled to have big named schools GO THERE to play?? They are the ones that have something to prove and they know it. Or do they??

Trust me, Oregon will not end up being a Top 15 school. :rolleyes:

And why are they entitled to have big named schools GO THERE to play?? They are the ones that have something to prove and they know it. Or do they??

They've been to Georgia (with no return trip), been to Oregon, Oregon State, Washington.

They would love to do 'home and home' with a power conference team, but there are very few takers.

Michael Wrote:

Then I guess no one should blame the Big 10 teams for their schedule and call them weak then?

The only reason the Big Ten get a bum rap is becuase of there performance out of conference and in Bowl games. Last year they were 1 - 6. The next closest major conference (The ACC) had a 4 - 6 record. Out of the last 6 year they have only had 2 winning season in bowl games as a conference (04 went 3 - 3 and 07 went 4 - 2)

Yet not one of them, including UC Davis, is as bad as Iowa State, Kansas State, and Colorado.

Okay, that's only three teams you listed.

Nebraska plays four teams that are currently ranked.

Boise State played Oregon, who was 16, and I can probably safely say that the remaining teams Boise State faces WILL NOT be ranked for the rest of the season.

Sorry. My argument is very weak but it's the best I can do.

I agree.