Would you want to see Nebraska play Boise State in a home and home?

Axl_sued_me

I would love to see NU play BSU home, home, and away. As for them playing high school teams - get real.

Okay. Maybe not literally high school teams, but let's just take a look at their "demanding" schedule:

vs. Oregon

vs. Miami (and not the good one)

at Fresno State

at Bowling Green

vs. UC Davis

at Tulsa

at Hawai'i

vs. San Jose State

at Louisiana Tech

vs. Idaho

at Utah State

vs. Nevada

vs. New Mexico State

I mean, who else is left on their schedule? Fresno State? Nevada? I mean, geez, how are they ever going to survive the two away games of Tulsa and Hawai'i back-to-back?

The schedule is laughable. These are teams that others would consider a "fluff" team they play in the non-conference schedule; Boise State considers them the "meat" of their schedule. It's pathetic.

UC Davis??

:laughpound

Yet not one of them, including UC Davis, is as bad as Iowa State, Kansas State, and Colorado. In fact, BSU doesn't one Iowa State, KSU, orColorado on their entire schedule let alone 3.

Utah State, New Mexico State and Idaho are worse then CU, KSU, and ISU.

Play Boise State in Memorial? Hell Yes.

Play Boise State on Smurf Turf? Um do we want to play at a highschool gimmick field when we can play in front of 85k fans?

Why wouldn't you want the Huskers to return a game at Boise State?

Not up for the challenge?

It only seats ~35K....so it should be an easy win, right?

It has nothing to do with it being a "challenge" and everything to do with not wanting to go to the middle of nowhere where we don't recruit to play in front of 35k people when we can A. play in front of 85k at home or B. play a big name team on the road in an area where we actually get kids from and get better exposure for it.

Play Boise State on Smurf Turf? Um do we want to play at a highschool gimmick field when we can play in front of 85k fans?

It has nothing to do with it being a "challenge" and everything to do with not wanting to go to the middle of nowhere where we don't recruit to play in front of 35k people when we can A. play in front of 85k at home or B. play a big name team on the road in an area where we actually get kids from and get better exposure for it.

Why does everything have to be about recruiting or gaining exposure? Can't a great game simply be an end in itself?

Boise State fans are really starting to annoy me. They are a pretentious program with a pretentious home record. I work with a BSU fan and he came up to me and asked, "So what high school team is Nebraska playing this weekend?" F-ck off you tool!! Nobody from the same high school district that Boise State plays in. :angry:

I would love for the Big Red to go in to Boise and roll them up on their own hideous blue turf. Why do they think that they are entitled after beating an overrated Oregon team that will not be bowl eligable this year?

Well.... Boise State would be a tough schedule. If we lose (and, actually, we probably would lose more often than win against them --- no one can deny that the BSU program is outstanding) we would be ridiculed. If we win, most would say "so what" that they are a non-BCS conference team. Not much incentive to risk this. This is why no one wants any part of the Broncos.

I love how Boise St is so proud of their home winning streak, but the only ranked team theyve beaten during that streak is.....Oregon last week. And oregon is clearly not a top 25 team this season.

I would love to see NU go in and end that silly streak. :)

And when was the last time NU beat a ranked team? What is our record over the past 7 years versus that for BSU? Who has the BCS victory? Who is winning 90% of their games? Lets not talk trash against a program that in every way measurable has been, for 7 years, well, well, well ahead of NU. It makes us look silly.

Why does everything have to be about recruiting or gaining exposure? Can't a great game simply be an end in itself?

Not in today's' environment when we're already fighting the fact that we aren't located in a recruiting hotbed. No, unfortunately it can not. Not if we want to get back to winning championships it can't anyways.

I say hell yes!!!! I would love to stomp their a$$es and leave their blue smurf turf field covered in red from the beating they would take from us.

Can't remember the last time or first for that matter when Nebraska actually put a beating on anyone in this offense. <_<

Kansas State 2007. :lol:

Ok, a small disclaimer. Anyone that was or close to being ranked. Congrats you found a coach that even made Callahan look good. ;)