Karma?

huskers1

I was thinking and it seems that CU's situation is pretty damn similar to NU's about five years ago. In 2001 Colorado made NU look like they were nothing but a mid tier sun belt team, which lead to staff changes along with a different perception of the blackshirts. After that game we got our crap handed to us by Miami. Later Solich was fired which led to the dark years of Callahan. In 2005, although not as badly but NU beats CU soundly when we were not even supposed to be close in that game. The next game CU gets their crap handed to them by Texas. Later Barnett gets fired which leads to the dark years of Hawkins. Each year CU fans keep saying oh we have so much young talent this year we should be much improved, much like NU fans did under Callahan. CU, much like NU looked slow and unmotivated. Can husker fans take a little satisfaction in contributing to this or am I just wishing?

Oh, I would definitely attribute it to similar coaching staffs leading to similar play and results on the field. The thing that I don't understand is that Hawkins was 56-17 at Boise State. Now, I understand that BSU plays in the WAC.... but even still, to have that sort of record at least will lead you to believe that a coach has some amount of talent. My question is... Was Boise's schedule just simply THAT easy?! So easy that it led a terrible coach to be able to have such a good record?

Also, you have to wonder if (much like the Callahan staff) once the team loses a game they are "supposed to win", do they just let the wheels fall off? That team last night looked EXACTLY like our squad did in our 45-14 ass kicking by Oklahoma State in 2007. It was eerie to watch how unmotivated, confused and slow the defense looked out there.

Thank God those days are over for us! Even if we get our asses handed to us... you will never see a lack of effort under Bo.

:restore

Oh, I would definitely attribute it to similar coaching staffs leading to similar play and results on the field. The thing that I don't understand is that Hawkins was 56-17 at Boise State. Now, I understand that BSU plays in the WAC.... but even still, to have that sort of record at least will lead you to believe that a coach has some amount of talent. My question is... Was Boise's schedule just simply THAT easy?! So easy that it led a terrible coach to be able to have such a good record?

Also, you have to wonder if (much like the Callahan staff) once the team loses a game they are "supposed to win", do they just let the wheels fall off? That team last night looked EXACTLY like our squad did in our 45-14 ass kicking by Oklahoma State in 2007. It was eerie to watch how unmotivated, confused and slow the defense looked out there.

Thank God those days are over for us! Even if we get our asses handed to us... you will never see a lack of effort under Bo.

:restore

His talent was that he had Chris Peterson as his offensive coordinator. He is and was the only reason behind Hawkins so-called success at Boise St.

I do agree that the play on the feild is similar to what we have seen with the BC teams.

You may see some similarities in CU's season versus what NU suffered through with Callahan but there is one HUGE difference. It's called "The fan base". Nebraska was able to clean house and start fresh is rapid time because of that. The buffs don't have that intangible element in their program. Look for all the empty seats vs Wyoming next weekend. They couldn't even sell out their little stadium in last weeks CSU game..... An instate rival!! The Huskers still stuffed their stadium through their troubled years. Recovery time for Colorado is a long way's down the road if ever. NU's worse season was 5-7. I'm sure that looks pretty good to Buff fans when you look at their sub 3 win years!!

His talent was that he had Chris Peterson as his offensive coordinator. He is and was the only reason behind Hawkins so-called success at Boise St.

I do agree that the play on the feild is similar to what we have seen with the BC teams.

Beat me to it. Chris Peterson was and continues to be the man behind Boise State's success.

Even though it's Colorado, I almost feel bad watching them go through the same thing we went through. It makes me feel a little bit better to know that approximately zero Coloradans will actually care.

Beat me to it. Chris Peterson was and continues to be the man behind Boise State's success.

Even though it's Colorado, I almost feel bad watching them go through the same thing we went through. It makes me feel a little bit better to know that approximately zero Coloradans will actually care.

Agree about Peterson. But I could never feel sorry for Colorado.

Yeah but when you guys fired Cally the economy wasn't in the crapper, now that it is, I don't know if the boosters will pony up the buyout.

A few of my friends as well as other on the board have mentioned this. Sounds like you guys are just stuck with The Hawk for awhile. I don't know if there is a way for Hawkins to shore up the locker room-where many of your troubles are likely starting. Similar to Cally in his last year most of the team was made up of his guys.

Odd tidbit that may have been brought up before, but Andy Christiansen (sp) was recruited by Solich! weird right?!?