Hope you all have a great trip/visit to Blacksburg.....

BburgHokie

I had a great time last year in Lincoln. You guys were great hosts, it was a great gameday (and game) atmosphere and I'd be saying that even if we had lost the game. Everyone was really friendly and experiencing a night game in your stadium was fantastic. I really appreciated your Nebraska hospitality. Also had a great time in Omaha the next day before heading home. Great brews and steak at the Upstream!

I hope that all of you making the trip this weekend enjoy your visit to beautiful Southwest Virginia, and that you are treated as well by all Hokies as we were by you guys. I know that everyone who made the trip to Lincoln really wants to return the hospitality. I hope that you're invited to tailgates for burgers and brews no matter which parking lots you're walking through. The atmosphere in your stadium was outstanding, hope you enjoy gameday in Lane Stadium as well.

If you have any questions about your trip to VT, just ask. And be sure to stop by our message board, www.techsideline.com.

Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable trip to Blacksburg! Welcome to the heart of Hokie Nation.

I had a great time last year in Lincoln. You guys were great hosts, it was a great gameday (and game) atmosphere and I'd be saying that even if we had lost the game. Everyone was really friendly and experiencing a night game in your stadium was fantastic. I really appreciated your Nebraska hospitality. Also had a great time in Omaha the next day before heading home. Great brews and steak at the Upstream!

I hope that all of you making the trip this weekend enjoy your visit to beautiful Southwest Virginia, and that you are treated as well by all Hokies as we were by you guys. I know that everyone who made the trip to Lincoln really wants to return the hospitality. I hope that you're invited to tailgates for burgers and brews no matter which parking lots you're walking through. The atmosphere in your stadium was outstanding, hope you enjoy gameday in Lane Stadium as well.

If you have any questions about your trip to VT, just ask. And be sure to stop by our message board, www.techsideline.com.

Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable trip to Blacksburg! Welcome to the heart of Hokie Nation.

Welcome to the forum!! Stick around and talk football. We love having fans from other teams on the board.

I would like to second that. I did not travel to Nebraska but I only heard 100% positive stories about the quality of fans and the class you demonstrated to us and yourself during the game last year. We welcome you with wide open arms to our beautiful town to enjoy what will be a fantastic football game! I live right behind the stadium and will be having a tailgate and hope some Nebraska fans stop by, I'll have food for them!

If you're in town for a few days, here is what I would suggest you do!

For local cooking, about a 25 minute (beautiful) drive from campus, less than $20 gets you all you can eat meat and southern style cooking delivered to your table. This is known as the best restaurant on the Appalachian Trail.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revi...e-Virginia.html

For a nice, leisurely hike to a beautiful waterfall, check out the Cascades, bring $3 cash for parking and enjoy!

http://gilescounty.org/cascades.html

There is of course downtown Blacksburg which will be lined with bars and restaurants, this is all located on Main Street just off campus.

I look forward to talking football with y'all this weekend and drive safe, wear sun screen, I'm still recovering from the Marshall game on Saturday :(

I would like to second that. I did not travel to Nebraska but I only heard 100% positive stories about the quality of fans and the class you demonstrated to us and yourself during the game last year. We welcome you with wide open arms to our beautiful town to enjoy what will be a fantastic football game! I live right behind the stadium and will be having a tailgate and hope some Nebraska fans stop by, I'll have food for them!

For local cooking, about a 25 minute (beautiful) drive from campus, less than $20 gets you all you can eat meat and southern style cooking delivered to your table. This is known as the best restaurant on the Appalachian Trail.

For a nice, leisurely hike to a beautiful waterfall, check out the Cascades, bring $3 cash for parking and enjoy!

There is of course downtown Blacksburg which will be lined with bars and restaurants, this is all located on Main Street just off campus.

I look forward to talking football with y'all this weekend and drive safe, wear sun screen, I'm still recovering from the Marshall game on Saturday :(

Nice win over the weekend. Please dont take out the Sabanitis on us... <_<

Haha, we got a good deal of it out of our system, but we've been told to continue treatment until mid-January :)

Haha, we got a good deal of it out of our system, but we've been told to continue treatment until mid-January :)

Is there any chance NU could face VT in a BCS game? I know that they are conference matchups, but I dont recall if the ACC gets a Big XII opponent in any of them?

Is there any chance NU could face VT in a BCS game? I know that they are conference matchups, but I dont recall if the ACC gets a Big XII opponent in any of them?

Hmm, I'm assuming we make it to at least the Orange Bowl this year. Winning the ACC guarantees a spot in the Orange Bowl. The Orange Bowl gets the first at-large bid this year. Personally, I'm hoping to play Texas!

IMO, not very likely. It would either have to be in the championship game or at least one of us would have to be an at-large team. Since the Big 12 champ is automatic the Fiesta, and the ACC champ is automatic to the Orange, some wacky stuff would have to happen for us to meet in a BCS bowl.

IMO, not very likely. It would either have to be in the championship game or at least one of us would have to be an at-large team. Since the Big 12 champ is automatic the Fiesta, and the ACC champ is automatic to the Orange, some wacky stuff would have to happen for us to meet in a BCS bowl.

Right. Probably the only way is if the loser of this game wins their conference, and the winner of the game wins out until they lose their conf champ game, which would probably put them in at at-large BCS game. I don't think either team can get a BCS bid with 2 more losses.

Then the bowl would still have to want the rematch game over it's other choices.

Gator Bowl would be another chance at a rematch, but nobody's hoping for a Gator Bowl right now.

I sure wish you could bottle up some of that class and send it to places like Columbia and Boulder!! There is something about football programs and their fans that have been at the top for eons versus the newbies that are here and gone. Hope you Hokies have a great day also. It looks to be a great game. We Husker fans are looking at it as a measuring stick as to how our progress is coming. I hope you realize what a compliment that is to your program. Beamer ball rocks!!

I will be leaving from Connecticut late thursday night

and hope to get into Roanoke around noonish. I am

excited to spend time and get to see the area and

what is has to offer.

And of course the game experience

will be amazing as i have heard from countless people

who have attended games at Lane stadium.

Hope to have a few :wasted with fellow hokies and

the traveling husker nation as well.

GBR

We Husker fans are looking at it as a measuring stick as to how our progress is coming. I hope you realize what a compliment that is to your program. Beamer ball rocks!!

Most alumni, myself included, still have difficulty wrapping that around our brains. Some remember Beamer's early years where we were an independent and an insignificant program. That was just before my time as a Hokie. I, however, remember the beating y'all gave us in the '96 Orange Bowl. I remember being the new kid on the block in the national stage. I don't think many of our younger fans truly appreciate where we came from.

But yeah ... it's difficult to fathom that Nebraska, with your history & tradition, considers the game against us a measuring stick. My oh my ... how far we've come.

what is has to offer.

GBR

Just get there safely!

But, oh my, that's quite a trek. We're taking a little more leisurely approach, not leaving until Friday mid-morning. If the maps and directions are correct, it's 5.5 hours of travel time.

what is has to offer.

GBR

Just get there safely!

:nanalama

Thanks, This trip doesnt sound too bad.

I try to make it to as many games on this coast as possible. and the Nebraska/Colorado thanksgiving games at home.

But, oh my, that's quite a trek. We're taking a little more leisurely approach, not leaving until Friday mid-morning. If the maps and directions are correct, it's 5.5 hours of travel time.