Lane Stadium during Enter Sandman

omahapanda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awzE1T2lgJI...feature=related

As a Hokie fan this was a great compliment by the commentator (Link above).

As a person that lived in Tulsa for 6 years I appreciate your school signing on to this two game series between our teams. Husker are great fans, and you know the game.

Those that are coming to Blacksburg I hope I get to see you at the tailgate on Friday night and share a beer and some laughs. We respect you and your team and hope that the Huskers have a great season (at least after we beat ya'll.)

And yes I still want someone to bring me a Corn Hat, I would wear it proudly during the game!

Speaking of the 'older folk' of the Memorial Stadium crowd.. I think it is a give and take with having such great 'tradition' and 'history.' Of course we could have a stadium full of people willing to stand and jump around all the time, but I think it does say something good about our program that we still have people (some that can barely walk) here in Lincoln every week. Right?

But yeah it would be nice to see everyone jumping around (it's just a more visual and in this age of images, it is always nice to put our best foot forward).

Speaking of the 'older folk' of the Memorial Stadium crowd.. I think it is a give and take with having such great 'tradition' and 'history.' Of course we could have a stadium full of people willing to stand and jump around all the time, but I think it does say something good about our program that we still have people (some that can barely walk) here in Lincoln every week. Right?

But yeah it would be nice to see everyone jumping around (it's just a more visual and in this age of images, it is always nice to put our best foot forward).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they don't deserve to be there. It just seems like no matter where I go I get stuck in front of some. I even sell my own tickets just to try and buy somebody elses that might be in a more lively part of the stadium. Would it be rude to make a 65 and over section? :dunno

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they don't deserve to be there. It just seems like no matter where I go I get stuck in front of some. I even sell my own tickets just to try and buy somebody elses that might be in a more lively part of the stadium. Would it be rude to make a 65 and over section? :dunno

they'd probably stick em somewhere where they would either be unhappy cuz their original seats were better or everyone else would be pissed that they get better seats...

This one is during the Spring Game.

4 separate videos, 4 different games, but the message is very clear and LOUD!

Sidenote: I thought Lane Stadium had 20-30k more seats than we do, i was wrong, we have more seats. :)

Still no place like Memorial Stadium, where 42,500 fans shout "HUSKER" and the other 42,500 fans shout "POWER".

Fuzzy,

I’m sorry but the Husker Power chant doesn’t really even compare. You can’t even hear anyone near the camera it sound very distant. The best one is the second video you have posted. If you listen to the V-Tech video you can barely hear the song in the background. Not to mention Husker Power Chant doesn’t require anyone to stand up and get out of there comfort zone.

Yeah, the "Power" of Memorial Stadium just isn't what it used to be 10-15 years ago (god that makes me feel old) when I was in school. It does not have anywhere near the same energy. And I know that it gets discussed at nauseum, but it truly is the culture of "SIT DOWN!" that has taken over.

They had Frank Beemer on 1620 yesterday and he said that they can actually feel the stadium moving when everyone is jumping in unison. Pretty cool.

The Hokies "Enter Sandman" entrance is cool, but I certainly wouldn't say it's more intense, or even as intense the the Husker Tunnel Walk. The fans and students/band showed some good spirit and involvement, but any doing the rock concert hop thing, is so common, it's almost boring!

Not the best video quality, but a really good audio sense of what it's like to be down there, surrounded by fans. I think you'll agree it's different...and in many ways simpler...than Nebraska's tunnel walk. Better? Not necessarily. But different.

http://www.huskerlocker.com/blogs/view/bid...at_ground_level

The Hokies "Enter Sandman" entrance is cool, but I certainly wouldn't say it's more intense, or even as intense the the Husker Tunnel Walk. The fans and students/band showed some good spirit and involvement, but any doing the rock concert hop thing, is so common, it's almost boring!

Not the best video quality, but a really good audio sense of what it's like to be down there, surrounded by fans. I think you'll agree it's different...and in many ways simpler...than Nebraska's tunnel walk. Better? Not necessarily. But different.

http://www.huskerlocker.com/blogs/view/bid...at_ground_level

I gotta defend my team's entrance. Other teams play rock songs, some even play Enter Sandman, but no one does it like VT. I dare any team we play on the road to play it. I remember Wake Forest played it a couple of years ago and it ended up being like a home game, with the fans and players being pumped. Heck, when we played Tennessee in softball we were down and they played Enter Sandman and the players started jumping up and down in the dugout, going crazy, etc. Long story short, we won. :)