Okafor

If you're smart enough to get a free ride to Stanford, how can you be dumb enough to end up at UNL?

Collins wouldn't have been accepted into Stanford based on academics, or his ACT/SAT score. He made the bare minimum to even be considered by Stanford, and his athletic abilities took over from there.

REALLY??? He graduated with a 4.0 GPA if my memory serves me correctly from Westside HS. Where did you get your facts? If you have proof of such scores please post them for eveyone!

OK, He left the team... He is also only 19 or 20. I for one wish him the best in anything he does in the future. Just because it didn't work out for him here doesn't mean he is a bad kid.

3.5 actually according to Rivals, he is an extremely smart kid. I know some people at his former school. Yes he did go to Westside HS in Omaha. Some people spout off at the mouth about a kid before they now anything about him.

Sad to see him go, he is a good kid with a great attitude. Can't blame him, though. If you had the chance to go to Stanford for free when you know you aren't going to play pro ball, wouldn't you? Imagine his contacts out in the "real world" from a place like Stanford.

Not going to argue his grades/ACT/SAT because i have no clue about any of those...

I do know he dropped out of Calc 1 in the summer before his freshman year.. 1st off, he was obviously intelligent to be IN the class, that's more the point im tryin to make here.. Cotton and Levorsen (sp) seemed to do pretty well, so i'm guessing Collins needed it for a math credit and didn't wanna take it then...I remember ben sayin somethin to the TA like collins just didn't like it, so whatever that means... So saying he's 'stupid' or whatever really isn't that accurate....

I wasn't calling him stupid by any means, I know he's a bright kid. I lived on the same floor as him last year, so I got the chance to become decent friends with him. For some reason he liked to hang out with me and another average-joe friend and play Rockband every night, so we really got to understand what he went through.

That said, having come out of high school 2 years ago, I can vouch that you need more than just a 4.0 in high school to go to Stanford or Ivy leagues. A 4.0 in high school isn't overwhelmingly hard to achieve, which is why Stanford requires a very high SAT score.

Not if you can play football, they go by the Pac-10 standards. Having only come out of high school 2 years ago, you should have known that.

Never heard anybody use that as a reason for obtaining knowledge before.

Its a shame to see Okafor go, i saw him play a few times during the spring game and thought he was a pretty quick kid, and he was built like Castille, i kinda saw him as a replacement for Castille later on down the road. Really sad to see this guy go, but you gotta do what you wanna do. Good luck Okafur, where ever you go.

If you're smart enough to get a free ride to Stanford, how can you be dumb enough to end up at UNL?

Collins wouldn't have been accepted into Stanford based on academics, or his ACT/SAT score. He made the bare minimum to even be considered by Stanford, and his athletic abilities took over from there.

REALLY??? He graduated with a 4.0 GPA if my memory serves me correctly from Westside HS. Where did you get your facts? If you have proof of such scores please post them for eveyone!

OK, He left the team... He is also only 19 or 20. I for one wish him the best in anything he does in the future. Just because it didn't work out for him here doesn't mean he is a bad kid.

3.5 actually according to Rivals, he is an extremely smart kid. I know some people at his former school. Yes he did go to Westside HS in Omaha. Some people spout off at the mouth about a kid before they now anything about him.

Sad to see him go, he is a good kid with a great attitude. Can't blame him, though. If you had the chance to go to Stanford for free when you know you aren't going to play pro ball, wouldn't you? Imagine his contacts out in the "real world" from a place like Stanford.

Not going to argue his grades/ACT/SAT because i have no clue about any of those...

I do know he dropped out of Calc 1 in the summer before his freshman year.. 1st off, he was obviously intelligent to be IN the class, that's more the point im tryin to make here.. Cotton and Levorsen (sp) seemed to do pretty well, so i'm guessing Collins needed it for a math credit and didn't wanna take it then...I remember ben sayin somethin to the TA like collins just didn't like it, so whatever that means... So saying he's 'stupid' or whatever really isn't that accurate....

I wasn't calling him stupid by any means, I know he's a bright kid. I lived on the same floor as him last year, so I got the chance to become decent friends with him. For some reason he liked to hang out with me and another average-joe friend and play Rockband every night, so we really got to understand what he went through.

That said, having come out of high school 2 years ago, I can vouch that you need more than just a 4.0 in high school to go to Stanford or Ivy leagues. A 4.0 in high school isn't overwhelmingly hard to achieve, which is why Stanford requires a very high SAT score.

Not if you can play football, they go by the Pac-10 standards. Having only come out of high school 2 years ago, you should have known that.

Never heard anybody use that as a reason for obtaining knowledge before.

That was the point I was making, so I must have made it. I wasn't attributing Rockband to his knowledge, I was explaining that it was a shared interest we had with him, which let us get to know him throughout the year pretty good.

Just heard On Sport's Nightly that he is back on the team And was at practices today? Maybe i miss heard them.

You heard him right. Somebody started another thread about it, too. Two different sources saying that he is back on the team, both Unsportsmanlike Conduct and Husker Sports Nightly.