ESPN bad-mouthing Crouch and Frazier?

Fuzzy

why is it that every time someone mentions a white receiver, they say that he could be a wes welker type receiver? there are other white receivers if that is how you are going to describe a guy...

Because he's the current most notable White receiver, thus making him an easy reference point. That's about as far as the "agenda" goes. ;)

Saw a couple of posts that seemed less than flattering regarding Eric Crouch's attempt at an NFL career, but as I recall, didn't he step up to plate when he recognized he didn't want to 'play' anymore, give all his contract money back and be nothing less than honorable? Good Lord guys, you're making him out to be the DEBIL because he got into the NFL and decided, "Hmmmmm, my back, knees, shoulders and neck already HURT from 5 years playing in college, I think I'll quit while I'm still able to walk...". I kinda remember people praising his ability to recognize he may not be 'elite' enough for an NFL career and for honorably bowing out of his contracts.

Saw a couple of posts that seemed less than flattering regarding Eric Crouch's attempt at an NFL career, but as I recall, didn't he step up to plate when he recognized he didn't want to 'play' anymore, give all his contract money back and be nothing less than honorable?

I was in St. Louis at the time when he was pushed to WR.

When he quit, I don't remember the situation like you described it.

He had to be almost forced to pay it back because the Rams were going to file a lawsuit.

I may be wrong, but I thought that's what happened.

The dude was an elite athlete. Too bad it didn't work out.

What's he doing nowadays anyway?

What kind of crap is ESPN trying to pull?

Qouted " there’s that Heisman Trophy winner named Eric Crouch, but he was more of a runner anyway. Tommie Frazier, all he did was run the option and win national championships."

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/36...-not-unexpected

I dont like that kind of talk about Frazier and Crouch, someone needs to give that editor a piece of some Husker @$$-whoppin'

Still though good to see Lee has confidence in himself, makes me feel confident about Saturday.

:facepalm:

The writer was subtly trying to be sarcastic, but apparently it didn't get through to everybody.

:laughpound Yeah it got through to me. Sometimes I swear people are just looking for the negatives about Dear ol' Nebraska U.

:restore

Qouted " there’s that Heisman Trophy winner named Eric Crouch, but he was more of a runner anyway. Tommie Frazier, all he did was run the option and win national championships."

I dont like that kind of talk about Frazier and Crouch, someone needs to give that editor a piece of some Husker @$$-whoppin'

Still though good to see Lee has confidence in himself, makes me feel confident about Saturday.

The writer was subtly trying to be sarcastic, but apparently it didn't get through to everybody.

:laughpound Yeah it got through to me. Sometimes I swear people are just looking for the negatives about Dear ol' Nebraska U.

Seriously. I just read the article and don't see how it in any way could be construed to be negative about Nebraska, Crouch or Frazier.

Seriously. I just read the article and don't see how it in any way could be construed to be negative about Nebraska, Crouch or Frazier.

Exactly. It's not negative. But people look for the negatives in everything to try to make it look like Nebraska is being sh#t talked by ESPN. But... when it comes down to it, besides watching football games on their networks... :espnsucks:

Yea, i already said that i took this out of context and read too far into it. I take back my statement about ESPN bad-mouthing Crouch and Frazier.

I originally took the Frazier comment as, anyone who runs the option can win a NC. To me it seemed that he was downplaying his althetic abilities, anyone in TF spot could've won those NC.

But like i said, clearly my opinion was wrong.

Yea, i already said that i took this out of context and read too far into it. I take back my statement about ESPN bad-mouthing Crouch and Frazier.

I originally took the Frazier comment as, anyone who runs the option can win a NC. To me it seemed that he was downplaying his althetic abilities, anyone in TF spot could've won those NC.

But like i said, clearly my opinion was wrong.

It's all good, man. I can see how you could. Anyone ever talks sh#t about my huskers they get a sh#t storm :laughpound:cheers

Somebody's way too sensitive if they think that represents bad-mouthing. Those descriptions were as accurate as saying Crouch is caucasian and Frazier is African-American.

If telling the truth about somebody represents bad-mouthing, then you must be saying I can't refer to a dumb blond as being either dumb or blond.

Somebody's way too sensitive if they think that represents bad-mouthing. Those descriptions were as accurate as saying Crouch is caucasian and Frazier is African-American.

If telling the truth about somebody represents bad-mouthing, then you must be saying I can't refer to a dumb blond as being either dumb or blond.

If only you had read the post just above yours.

I would compare Zac Lee if I was comparing him to a former Husker QB to someone like Gerry Gdowski. They both had the speed to run and the ability to throw when called on. Gerry just never had to throw more then 13 times a game in the offense NU ran, but he was very accurate when needed.

If Zac can even get near the year Gerry had I would call his career a success at NU. chuckleshuffle