Stop. Just STOP.

knapplc

People are just really disappointed because we had every opportunity to take this game and we failed.

True. And it's tough to take for everyone. I think if we had lost by ten, trailing the whole game, people would be less upset than this.

Nobody is happy we lost. It's how we respond to it, how the coaches respond to it, and how the team responds to it that really matter.

I think we played one hell of a game. We also collectively played one hell of a BAD game. the TEAM is at fault.

Yes, Lee made many mistakes but..

he scambled and made alot of passes to gain 1st downs, and continue drives.

Yes, our O-Line blew a 1st and goal, and turned it into a punt but...

They MANHANDLED that Vtech Dline, and our rushing yards show it, they were beat down, tired, and wanted to quit.

Yes, Matt O'hanlon blow an assignment, but

Our defense played with fire, passion, and heart, a game is not won or lost on one play.

I will tell you this. I would not want to be the rest of the big 12 right now because this team is angry. Not at coaches, not at refs, not at Vtech. We are angry that we showed the world we can play this game and still didn't get a W.

We will Punish Missouri, KU, KState, etc....

You, calling out the defense.

You, calling out the play calling.

You, calling out Bo.

You, calling out Watson.

You, calling out Lee.

All of you. Stop.

We played a very good defense, at their house, in one of the most hostile environments in college football, against a team that is notorious for winning games in just the fashion they beat us with. We have nothing to be ashamed of. We have a few things to work on. But we should NOT be melting down like this.

Show some pride. Show some character. Show that you're more than just a bunch of know-nothing armchair QBs, adept at hindsight and whining.

More good will come from this game than bad. We'll be OK. This loss does not jeopardize our goals of winning the North, competing for the Big XII, or playing in a major bowl. In fact, it may galvanize the team and launch them into a special season, just like the Florida State loss propelled the 1994 Huskers to the MNC. Time will tell.

There are some things to be unhappy about, yes. But this wholesale meltdown is unbecoming of a fan base who thinks they should be rooting for a team that is worth something. You want to melt down, go be a Buffs fan. Be better than that.

I grudgingly agree.

:yeah After absorbing the shock of losing this game, I have to agree. I don't want to see us start calling out individual players or coaches. That is toxic, and will spread like wild fire.

We need to support these guys, and take the attitude that we will just kick everyone else's ass this year...this game is over. If any of these guys were one of our kids, we would be supportive, try to find the bright spots and emphasize them, without sugar coating the crap. Hopefully we can try to do that. These guys are just kids, they aren't professionals. Yeah, their supposed to have talent, but they all will never make it to the pro's, so let's keep that in mind. We have to work with what we have...and all the bitching and complaining isn't going to change that. We will do ourselves more harm if we tear down their self esteem...because it isn't like we can just go out and replace them, and even if we could, then they would only be looking over their shoulder instead of working to get the job done.

I know I can be pretty critical...but I also know that it won't change the outcome. I offer my apology for being as critical as I have been to Bo...this is just his 2nd year as a HC...and there are growing pains in that position, also.

Think about this: After watching our D play this game (at least, about 95% of it), who that is left on our schedule are we afraid of?

Louisiana Lafayette? Hardly.

Missouri? Nope.

Texas Tech? Beatable.

Iowa State? =)

Baylor? They're not as good as VA Tech, although similar. Win.

Oklahoma? Even if Bradford is healthy, we can take them if we play like this.

Kansas? We can beat them worse than last year.

KSU? Please.

Colorado? Won't even break a sweat.

Big XII Championship? Depends on who we play and what kind of streak they're on, but doable.

Bowl Game? Bring it on.

I saw a team unafraid of a very tough D, unafraid of a very tough environment, and learning on the job. I like what this D can become. I see good things coming up.

I'm unhappy about this loss. But I'm very hopeful for the future.

You, calling out Bo.

You, calling out Watson.

You, calling out Lee.

All of you. Stop.

We played a very good defense, at their house, in one of the most hostile environments in college football, against a team that is notorious for winning games in just the fashion they beat us with. We have nothing to be ashamed of. We have a few things to work on. But we should NOT be melting down like this.

Show some pride. Show some character. Show that you're more than just a bunch of know-nothing armchair QBs, adept at hindsight and whining.

More good will come from this game than bad. We'll be OK. This loss does not jeopardize our goals of winning the North, competing for the Big XII, or playing in a major bowl. In fact, it may galvanize the team and launch them into a special season, just like the Florida State loss propelled the 1994 Huskers to the MNC. Time will tell.

There are some things to be unhappy about, yes. But this wholesale meltdown is unbecoming of a fan base who thinks they should be rooting for a team that is worth something. You want to melt down, go be a Buffs fan. Be better than that.

Whatever, I'm questioning my entire life up until this point. This loss changes EVERYTHING. I'm quitting my job and we should fire all of the coaches. AAAHHHHGGGG. OK, I feel better, I agree with your post.

You, calling out Bo.

You, calling out Watson.

You, calling out Lee.

All of you. Stop.

Agreed. We nearly won a game that many gave us no shot of winning. Despite the scoreboard, I come away 100% believing we are the better team. We've got the rest of the season to prove it.

You, calling out Bo.

You, calling out Watson.

You, calling out Lee.

All of you. Stop.

All hail the king of teh interwebs!! I agree with most of what you are saying, but YOU have no right, nor are you in any position to tell anyone what they are allowed to discuss (complain, bitch, moan, cry, etc) about on a FREE internet forum. Save your holier than thou speeches, because nobody cares.

All hail the king of teh interwebs!! I agree with most of what you are saying, but YOU have no right, nor are you in any position to tell anyone what they are allowed to discuss (complain, bitch, moan, cry, etc) about on a FREE internet forum. Save your holier than thou speeches, because nobody cares.

Right. We should all just be wallowing in self-pity and pissing and moaning about this, because that's the kind of attitude this program was built on.

:facepalm:

:yeah

Actually I think most people are being pretty reasonable. Bottom line is Va Tech didn't play very well and we should have beaten them by 2-3 scores. We found a way to lose. I haven't seen many sky-is-falling posts so maybe I missed them. People are just really disappointed because we had every opportunity to take this game and we failed.

Right. We should all just be wallowing in self-pity and pissing and moaning about this, because that's the kind of attitude this program was built on.

:facepalm:

You're missing the point. I'm not saying anyone should be doing anything, one way or the other. I find it hilarious that you seem to believe that you have the authority to tell people what the can or cannot do and how they should or should not feel about a game. In the end, everybody is a Husker fan. But after a close, heart-breaking loss like that, you seem to have ALL the answers; what calls to make on the field, how everyone should be acting, etc. It honestly cracks me up, but not a really hilarious way.