Cody Green's first start next Saturday?

I ask this:

What do you expect from this team?

What do you expect from this Staff?

What did you expect from VaTech?

I think we saw our team play the hardest I have ever seen them play since Osborne left!!!!! I can ask no more of them.

I think we saw our coaches try every thing they could to win this game. I can ask no more of them

I think we saw one of the toughest defenses in the country on their home field get manhandled for 58 minutes.

I think we saw the beginning of a new attitude for this program, a new harder stronger version will appear.

I saw a lot of positives for this team and staff. Some times you have to get your ass beat to understand what it takes to win.

I am proud of what I saw on the field yesterday, not happy with the outcome by anymeans

I am not proud about what I am reading about our fans questioning every single facet of the game.

Throwing a young inexperienced QB under the buss like a rag doll.

Throwing Matt under the bus.

Complaing about our coach giving a heart felt answer to what happened

We are Nebraska fans, we are better than a lot of the stuff being put on here.

I get lamblasted every single game because I try to real in the enthusiasim.

Some of you are so much worse it is a joke.

Support your team win or lose.

+1!

+2 (times "were is that damn infinity key")!!!

3-1 rolling into conference schedule. That is what most people expected; because the Huskers played better than they were supposed to, people are upset(if it would have been an obvious loss, people would write "learn from it, go get the North". Be upset about the game, I AM, but don't be upset with this team please. In a close game like VA Tech, If I watched film, I could find a reason to blame the loss on every person on the roster.

+3... Couldn't have said it better. Obviously everyone will be upset losing.... especially in a game that we let get away in one of the toughest places to win. But they will learn from this and the team will step up, possibly a springboard to the rest of the season, just like the texas tech loss was last year, finished 6-1.

By the way... Did you guys know that Helu's 169 yards rushing was the first time that VT has allowed a 100 yard rusher at home since 2001?! Now, imagine what our running game is going to do to the softer defenses in the Big 12, because that was definitely one of, if not the toughest defense we are going to face all year.

The season isn't lost... this game meant nothing in the eyes of our goals, we can still win the north and have a legitimate shot at being big 12 champs, as Bo says, "We just have to keep improving" every week.

:restore

In a close game like VA Tech, If I watched film, I could find a reason to blame the loss on every person on the roster.

Even Helu, and Henery?

I agree they both had good games, but just for argument's sake...

Henery shanked his second punt for only 20 yards. Did VT get the FG on that drive?

Helu missed a few blocks in pass protection and missed a few running lanes.

Thank you. I know I could blame something on Henery, I just didn't want to!!

He beat Colorado!!!!!!

Good fun.

BTW...Lee was 11 of 30. Slightly over 30 percent.

Someone tell me that Green isn't at least being considered.

Hes not being considered.

Lee played terrible yes. But if Green was on his heels he would be in the game. Let not forget he had little help from his O-line and many drop on catchable balls. Holt being the biggest contributor to the drop list. I have been trying my hardest to have people take a step back and realize this team has yet reached the turning point. Even though the secondary didnt give up a lot of yards Tyrod Taylor isnt exactly your pick you apart QB. The d line seemed content to stand on the line of scrimmage than really rush. I think this was playing scared not to get beat by his legs. If you check the stat line I would say they were successful. Alot of people are giving O'Hanlon crap for blowing coverage while the grief needs to go to Anthony West for staring in the backfield.

Cover 2 man, cover 2. West was supposed to be there. I agree O'Hanlon got burned, but that was Pelini's call.

.....and it was a bad one.

Nevermind, though. I truly believe this loss is maybe better than winning a game like this. Playing like this and winning would be harder to teach the kids than losing when making those mistakes.

all in all.......

GO BIG RED

What a ignorant statement. You play the game to win, not to lose. A win is always better than a loss. I suppose you must've felt the same way after we lost to Texas Tech last year too.

I'm not saying that there isnt plenty to learn from this loss. Obviously, I hope this loss will light a fire under our teams ass from this point til the end of the season, but to say that this is better than a win is straight up ignorant

In a close game like VA Tech, If I watched film, I could find a reason to blame the loss on every person on the roster.

Even Helu, and Henery?

Henerey= not easy to find (got me)

Helu = I'm sure he missed a block somewhere, also from the towering view of my couch, he could have cut in instead of out (I believe in the 2nd qtr) and picked up the first. Instead we punted. Small things, small point differential.

This game reminds me of my High School Alumni. I graduated from Pierce, NE. Pierce lost to Boone Central in the finals in '01? (after my graduation) The loss happened after Pierce missed a game winning field goal by inches. The argument was if the game was played on a H.S. field, Pierce would have made the FG. My argument to my relatives and friends (which they did not like) was that if Pierce would have done a couple of things different, they wouldn't have had to count on a FG.

Unfortunately, fans remember the last few plays the most. What we need to remember and realize is that there was 58 minutes leading up to that last 2. Bring on ULL!!!!

I think Henery shanked one punt! LOL but either way he did MORE than his part for the game.

I ask this:

What do you expect from this team?

What do you expect from this Staff?

What did you expect from VaTech?

I think we saw our team play the hardest I have ever seen them play since Osborne left!!!!! I can ask no more of them.

I think we saw our coaches try every thing they could to win this game. I can ask no more of them

I think we saw one of the toughest defenses in the country on their home field get manhandled for 58 minutes.

I think we saw the beginning of a new attitude for this program, a new harder stronger version will appear.

I saw a lot of positives for this team and staff. Some times you have to get your ass beat to understand what it takes to win.

I am proud of what I saw on the field yesterday, not happy with the outcome by anymeans

I am not proud about what I am reading about our fans questioning every single facet of the game.

Throwing a young inexperienced QB under the buss like a rag doll.

Throwing Matt under the bus.

Complaing about our coach giving a heart felt answer to what happened

We are Nebraska fans, we are better than a lot of the stuff being put on here.

I get lamblasted every single game because I try to real in the enthusiasim.

Some of you are so much worse it is a joke.

Support your team win or lose.

skersfan, today you and I see eye to eye on this one. I am pleased with what I saw this past Saturday, I am just not happy with the results. That was a really salty team NU played and frankly NU man-handled them for 58 minutes. Mistakes were made, such as the 4 penalties in a row down near the goal line, but some great plays were made also. Zac Lee had a tough day throwing, but I liked his determination and grit. He seemed to make the proper audible every single time, and if you don't think he was actively changing things up a lot then go back and watch the game again. He made some tough runs to move the chains when it was needed most. Zac did not have the deer in the headlights look, I liked what I saw from him but for some reason he didn't have the same throwing touch we saw in the first two games. If anyone thinks that Green is ready to come in and make the checks and audibles that Lee did, you would have a hard time convincing me. I frankly think more of this team than I did going in, I didn't see anything to take me off of my 9-3/10-2 thinking. Last season they bounced back from adversity and I think they do this time also, but I think they nip the adversity to 1 game this time and go into conference play ready to play.