New Heisman Leader

J_2_THA_BONE

It's good they don't vote until later, I say it is a 2 horse race between Tebow and McCoy until one of them or both significantly faulters. I know Tebow wasn't his best yesterday but he had this one scramble that only he could pull off. As for Colt, they said he had the flu and he still did what he needed to do to ensure a Texas victory.

It's good they don't vote until later, I say it is a 2 horse race between Tebow and McCoy until one of them or both significantly faulters. I know Tebow wasn't his best yesterday but he had this one scramble that only he could pull off. As for Colt, they said he had the flu and he still did what he needed to do to ensure a Texas victory.

Why is it theirs to lose? The Heisman is supposed to be awarded to the most outstanding player in college football in a given year. McCoy has 6 TDs and 4 INTs against UL-Monroe, Wyoming and Texas Tech. I think McCoy should have won it last year, but he shouldn't even be in the discussion right now, much less it be "his to lose."

Tebow has better numbers, but just because he stepped out of a tackle against Tennessee doesn't mean the Heisman is his to lose, either.

Being objective and putting aside all biases and media hype- As of right now, of course it can/will change, Jahvid Best should be the frontrunner. But he plays out west for a team not named USC, so he has no chance.

Why is it theirs to lose? The Heisman is supposed to be awarded to the most outstanding player in college football in a given year. McCoy has 6 TDs and 4 INTs against UL-Monroe, Wyoming and Texas Tech. I think McCoy should have won it last year, but he shouldn't even be in the discussion right now, much less it be "his to lose."

Tebow has better numbers, but just because he stepped out of a tackle against Tennessee doesn't mean the Heisman is his to lose, either.

Being objective and putting aside all biases and media hype- As of right now, of course it can/will change, Jahvid Best should be the frontrunner. But he plays out west for a team not named USC, so he has no chance.

I think that IF Cal is a real contender which is a BIG if right now and he continues to put up consistent good numbers he could win it, and hell he's already getting some good highlight reel plays as well. But I do agree with all points so far...

because of what you just said, "bias and media hype", in the end those things will keep Tebow and McCoy right up there unless something really bad happens to either one.

Spiller has 630 all purpose yards, and was used sparingly in the Middle Tennessee State and Boston College games.

1 KO Return for TD, 1 Punt Return for TD, 1 Recieving TD

If he could turn on the rushing yards, he'd be a serious candidate IMO.

41 carries for 176 for the year now. Against MTSU & BC we ran a lot of young backs to get them experience and to keep Spiller from injury.

BC started to punt straight out of bounds after CJ taking the first punt to the house.

Sorry gotta throw another name in the ring.

Jacory Harris (For those who only know the Big 12 - he's the QB at Miami). Already faced 2 ranked teams with 2 more to come. It's the hardest schedule in the country.

So far vs two top 20 teams, Florida State and Georgia Tech:

Rating = 184.1

Completion = 41 of 59 @ 69.5%

Yards = 656

5TD - 2INT

Sacked once

He keeps this up through #11 VaTech and #10 OU...well, there is your frontrunner without a doubt.

Jacory Harris (For those who only know the Big 12 - he's the QB at Miami). Already faced 2 ranked teams with 2 more to come. It's the hardest schedule in the country.

Rating = 184.1

Yards = 656

5TD - 2INT

Sacked once

He keeps this up through #11 VaTech and #10 OU...well, there is your frontrunner without a doubt.

I agree. If he keeps those stats up through Va Tech and OU, then he can certainly be in the conversation.

Rating = 184.1

Yards = 656

5TD - 2INT

Sacked once

Both Florida State and GT aren't known for their defenses, but I would have to agree. I think right now he is a solid QB with the potential to bloom into a Heisman front-runner.

Alright if we are basing it off of what their team has done so far and the player’s stats there is a QB in Columbia, Missouri that should probably get mentioned. His stats are better then Colt McCoy and he has accounted for more yards and touchdowns then Tim Tebow.

Also it appears that once a player is mentioned in this thread they go out and have a bad game, so that played into me throwing his name out there. Hopefully the jinx of this thread will carry over to October 8th. <_<

87-131-0-1161-11-66.4%-168.6 (comp-att-int-yds-td-comp%-rating)