Heartbreakers

UGAHusker

Ok, I can't figure out how to make a poll so I'll just ask in the conventional method. Which of these games in the last 5 years was the worst.

2005: Texas Tech, fumble after game-sealing interception

2006: Texas, fumble after game-sealing reception

2007: Texas, decent lead until Charles goes crazy in 4th quarter

2008: Texas Tech: Missed XP in OT, but Ganz throws game ending INT

2009: Virginia Tech: What more needs to be said.

I'm gonna go with VA Tech yesterday, but 2005 Texas Tech was pretty bad and 2006 made Purify beat that guy up.

I'd have to say yesterday's loss was the most heart breaking. I was at the TTech game in 05 and texas in 06 and those were terrible. I think that what makes this one so tough is the fact that we DOMINATED the entire game and just couldn't find the touch to put them away. In the other games, we were heavy underdogs and the fact that we stayed around long enough to almost come out with a win in those game (even if we blew the win) was still gratifying. This game just straight out HURT!

I have a friend who works at the front desk at one of the dorm halls on campus and he said he saw people in tears about it. I'd believe it, this one was for the ages as far as how terrible it felt. I feel for those players, they will learn from this and you better believe there will be a FIRE under these guys the rest of the season.

During that drive where we had a touchdown called back on holding, then backed up more and had Holt drop the touchdown pass, our husker party was CELEBRATING, hugging and jumping up and down BOTH TIMES before realizing the touchdowns were negated. Going from that HIGH to that LOW twice in a game is hard, in one drive, it is worthy of a heart attack. :ahhhhhhhh

My hope for the season is not lost. With how great out defense played, it showed their potential and you guys just wait! we will be dominant this year. The north is well within reach, and a good shot at the Big 12 Championship. GO BIG RED!!

P.S. Our scoring defense is 7th in the nation. :w00t

06 Texas. I went to every game in my 4.5 years at UNL and this takes it. This was the funnest, exciting game I have ever been to. Weather was crazy, crowd was nuts. We had them on the ropes then a stupid stupid stupid fumble. I think we just sat in the stands for a good 45 minutes and watched the stadium clear out, nobody talked. We just sat there looking up and at each other. Terrible.

I will say we pretty much took the Texas Tech loss about the same way, but the game wasn't near as fun as the Texas game.

I'd have to say yesterday's loss was the most heart breaking. I was at the TTech game in 05 and texas in 06 and those were terrible. I think that what makes this one so tough is the fact that we DOMINATED the entire game and just couldn't find the touch to put them away. In the other games, we were heavy underdogs and the fact that we stayed around long enough to almost come out with a win in those game (even if we blew the win) was still gratifying. This game just straight out HURT!

I have a friend who works at the front desk at one of the dorm halls on campus and he said he saw people in tears about it. I'd believe it, this one was for the ages as far as how terrible it felt. I feel for those players, they will learn from this and you better believe there will be a FIRE under these guys the rest of the season.

During that drive where we had a touchdown called back on holding, then backed up more and had Holt drop the touchdown pass, our husker party was CELEBRATING, hugging and jumping up and down BOTH TIMES before realizing the touchdowns were negated. Going from that HIGH to that LOW twice in a game is hard, in one drive, it is worthy of a heart attack. :ahhhhhhhh

My hope for the season is not lost. With how great out defense played, it showed their potential and you guys just wait! we will be dominant this year. The north is well within reach, and a good shot at the Big 12 Championship. GO BIG RED!!

P.S. Our scoring defense is 7th in the nation. :w00t

The back and forth ups and downs at the end made this Saturday's game the most gut wrenching game I have ever experienced.

I think if you ask the question a year from now some answers will be different. The sting of what happened less than 48 hours ago is too strong to put it in perspective with other games from the last 5 years. But this one will continue to haunt because it looked so much like a win once we stopped them the series before.

Compare it to the fumbled interception vs TTech a few years ago, when it looked like TTech was driving for a score, and suddenly we had the game won, and just as suddenly we gave it back to them. It only looked like a win for about 2 seconds.