FG Kicking

Kicking is the one position that doesn't require a lot of college experience. Therefore, a super frosh like Congdon will break thru to a starting position much faster than any other new recruit with star promise. Will probably see some action in 1st game and be ready to really help with Pitt. GBR.

It is painful to think about how bad Sandro was at NU...Dyches showed a great leg in his first year here, I think he had like a 3/3 or 4/4 FG game, but he really struggled last year. Special Teams lost us the Iowa State game, and possibly some others too last year. I would love to see Congdon turn out to be a gem like Mason Crosby has for CU. Crosby was amazing last year, hopefully Congdon will turn some heads this year as well.

i know everyone is fired up about Beck and Taylor, but as i posted earlier this summer, IMHO, i think Lucky and Congdon are going to be the real impact players this season, especially as freshman.........

hunter

It's kind of sad to think how bad we are when you can think of all the impact players we could have. Usually a team will have 3-4 new faces, we have about 15 that could have an impact. Octavien, Bowman, Lucky, Jackson, Taylor, Hardy, Tomerlin, Congdon, etc...

Hopefully in a few years we get excited about what guys will be like when they're juniors and seniors, not freshmen and JUCO transfers.

Kicking is the one position that doesn't require a lot of college experience. Therefore, a super frosh like Congdon will break thru to a starting position much faster than any other new recruit with star promise. Will probably see some action in 1st game and be ready to really help with Pitt. GBR.

I think that you underestimate the pressure that is part of that posistion. It can be very difficult for a true frosh. to come through.