**Official Louisiana Lafayette Game Discussion Thread**

Hey, maybe we'll leap frog 10 teams like Notre Dame did and jump back into the top 20. :sarcasm

I would expect somewhere around #20 to #18. Why the big leap, well there were quite a few upsets today. A lot of teams between us and Kansas loss and will more than likely fall beneath us. I do hope we pull ahead of Mizzou in the polls when they come out Monday. I mean c'mon, yea we beat the Cajuns, but at least the Cajuns actually won a game this season, unlike Nevada, and we didnt struggle once with ULLAF. Three teams lost today that will boost us in the rankings, UNC, FSU, and Washington. I doubt that Miami will fall below us.

*RECAP*

Offense - Did a great job rebounding and stacking up the score, if Bo wants to say we left points out there by the second half, well then maybe we did. I do think when he mentioned that we could've ran the better a bit more, only having 133 rushing yds in this game, yea...

The passing was great, the catching...not so much. Once again receivers were open but just didnt make the catch or go up for the ball. Gilleylen and Brooks were definately the hot spots he threw to today. But other than some of the receivers, i think it was a very productive day for the them. They just need to clean up the penalties and execution, i cant tell you how much it aggravated the hell out of me for them to use timeouts to get the play right, or delay of game, or false start or something like that. O-line needs to get better at this during this bye week.

Defense - Wow! Turnovers was superb, and its safe to say the best demonstration of going after the ball like that all season. 4 forced fumbles, two of them recovered, and if it wasnt for P.J. Smith accidentally tripping Fisher, it would have been a touchdown. 1 INT for Asante, which he returned for a TD. 2 sacks one by Meredith and another by Dillard. ULLAF only got 102yds rushing, 120yds passing. Statisically this was the best defensive game we have played this year. Why?

FAU 122 Rshyds 236 Pssyds

ASU 143 Rshyds 131 Pssyds

VaT 86 Rshyds 192 Pssyds

I do however have one gripe about the defense and it goes back to the ASU. Tackling. I dont know how many times i have seen missed tackles in this game, this is an area that is hurting us and if it doesnt improve soon, its going to show during conference play big time.

Grades

Offense A

Defense A+

All in all this was a good game, despite the very bad ref calls (Defensive Pass Interference on Smith and Personal Foul on Dean). I have high hopes for our trip to Columbia and get some payback for last years 52 - 17 embrassment in Lincoln. :restore