Nebraska is the best team in the North

Fan base goes to 35,000 red clad Huskers in Notre Dame stadium and support goes to the 300th straight sell out. I think Missouri is up to 3 so far! I can't back that up but Tiger Tim's so called buddy that heard from a friend that knows someone who visited Missouri's practice facility claims that they have 3 straight sell outs. I myself have my doubt but would also like to see some facts. You have a problem with arrogance among us Husker fans, we have a problem with ignorance with some of the Mizzou faithful. This is a Husker board mind you. If you want to contribute fine but remember this is our home field and you may not get all the calls in your favor. I advise you not to trade barbs and not expect to get a ganged up on. Otherwise you need to head back to the Tigerboard where everyone will agree with you. What I stated was clear and truthful facts and not just my opinion. Nebraska has owned you. If you have all the facts what is the won/loss record between NU and MU since something like 1970? Look it up and report back to me. that will be the "owned " part I was refering to. Others have and I am sure will remind you of my facts!

More for you Tim

Greatest Fans in College Football

Every entrance at Memorial Stadium welcomes Husker fans with the following phrase:

"Through these gates pass the Greatest Fans in College Football."

Nebraska football fans are perhaps the most loyal in college football. Entering the 2009 season, Nebraska owned an NCAA record streak of 297 consecutive sellouts at Memorial Stadium, which will reach 300 on Sept. 26, 2009 when the Huskers take on Louisiana-Lafayette in Lincoln.

Although the Huskers added more than 6,000 seats to the stadium before the start of the 2006 season, Nebraska received approximately 15,000 requests for the new seats, ensuring that the sellout streak would continue in the years to come with capacity crowds reaching more than 80,0000 at Memorial Stadium.

Nebraska's football fans have been given the distinguished title - "The Sea of Red" - as waves of red-clad Husker fans follow Nebraska at home and on the road. In fact, the entire state follows the Huskers, along with an ever-growing national fan base, packing Memorial Stadium for every game since 1962.

Husker fans bring their show on the road as well. More than 60,000 red-clad Huskers trekked to Pasadena for the 2002 Rose Bowl, and in 2001, more than 30,000 Huskers swarmed South Bend for a matchup with Notre Dame.

Spring Game Crowds

Perhaps the most impressive measurement of the support Husker fans give to the Nebraska football team comes from its Spring Game attendance. Over the past five seasons, nearly 400,000 fans have flocked to Memorial Stadium to watch NU’s final practice of the spring, including a school-record 80,149 fans in 2008 - one of the largest spring game crowd in college football history.

Fan Day

Another Husker tradition is Fan Day which attracts nearly 10,000 fans annually to Memorial Stadium during fall camp. Every Husker player and coach signs autographs and takes pictures with fans in a tradition that dates back more than 30 years.

The most accomplished football program in the nation at producing CoSIDA Academic All-Americans, Nebraska has captured a nation-leading 98 CoSIDA Academic All-America awards. Before CoSIDA started recognizing the nation's finest student-athletes for their work in the classroom in 1952, three other Husker football players earned academic All-America honors from other sources.

potential, practice facilities, $$$, educational support and on and on.

Potential? LMAO.

I'll take the knapp stance on this one.

Give me some facts.

What do you mean potential.

It's arrogance like this that drives me nuts.

Where does it state that Nebraska will continue to 'own us'.

I can only report on what I have heard from friends down at Mizzou, but their practice facilities and weight rooms are second to none.

And do you have facts on $$$$'s and educational support?

Come on dude...come back down to earth.

this is the tv revenue breakdown.

1. Texas: $10.2 million

2. Oklahoma: $9.8 million

3. Kansas: $9.24 million

4. Texas A&M: $9.22 million

5. Nebraska: $9.1 million

6. Missouri: $8.4 million

7. Texas Tech: $8.23 million

8. Kansas State: $8.21 million

9. Oklahoma State: $8.1 million

10. Colorado: $8.0 million

11. Iowa State: $7.4 million

12. Baylor: $7.1 million

clips from a NE statepaper.com article.

According to data compiled by the NCAA’s Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act, the Longhorns’ athletic department brought $120.3 million in revenue in 2007-2008. That’s $32 million more than the second-place school in the Big 12 (the identity of which might surprise you, more on that in a minute).

That whopping dollar amount is the GDP of some third-world countries, and tops in college sports – just slightly ahead of Ohio State, which culls a major wad of cash from the Big Ten Network and runs two Jack Nicklaus-endorsed golf courses.

As for football revenue, UT was the nation’s No. 1 there, too, bringing in $72.9 million.

Yeah, in the Big 12, Nebraska was second. At $49 million. That’s close to the national top ten.

Missouri doesn’t currently compete in terms of revenue, but the sleeping giant has finally woken up, as the Tigers won Big 12 titles in men’s basketball, softball, and women’s soccer, reaching the conference title games in baseball and football.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB...p;ATCLID=603653

http://www.mutigers.com/strencond/miss-strencond.html

you decide, but i would say ours is MUCH better!

and finally yes we do have more potential and it is that simple. at this point in time with our history and the money we have, we have more potential than any team in the big 12 north. history has more to do with future success than you MU fans would have us believe. we have some of the deepest pockets in the country and MU simply does not. we have vastly more potential than MU does and we will continue to do so unless MU suddenly pops out a national title or has 9+ win seasons for 30 years while we struggle to make bowl games........NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

and finally yes we do have more potential and it is that simple. at this point in time with our history and the money we have, we have more potential than any team in the big 12 north. history has more to do with future success than you MU fans would have us believe. we have some of the deepest pockets in the country and MU simply does not. we have vastly more potential than MU does and we will continue to do so unless MU suddenly pops out a national title or has 9+ win seasons for 30 years while we struggle to make bowl games........NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

I was going to post something smart assed, but decided to take the high road.

Best of luck with that potential.

As a long time lurker on all Husker Boards, it does seem a number of us read too man press clippings about being the greatest fans. I find a high number to be fairly ornery and a little stand off-ish(if you will forgive my Tuff Tiger-ish word).

Tim has some valid points.

I do however find this board has some of the funniest MFers on it.

I still laugh about Captain Obvious's post " I had nothing to do with this" when someone used the term Captain Obvious in a generic way.

More for you Tim

Greatest Fans in College Football

Every entrance at Memorial Stadium welcomes Husker fans with the following phrase:

"Through these gates pass the Greatest Fans in College Football."

Nebraska football fans are perhaps the most loyal in college football. Entering the 2009 season, Nebraska owned an NCAA record streak of 297 consecutive sellouts at Memorial Stadium, which will reach 300 on Sept. 26, 2009 when the Huskers take on Louisiana-Lafayette in Lincoln.

Although the Huskers added more than 6,000 seats to the stadium before the start of the 2006 season, Nebraska received approximately 15,000 requests for the new seats, ensuring that the sellout streak would continue in the years to come with capacity crowds reaching more than 80,0000 at Memorial Stadium.

Nebraska's football fans have been given the distinguished title - "The Sea of Red" - as waves of red-clad Husker fans follow Nebraska at home and on the road. In fact, the entire state follows the Huskers, along with an ever-growing national fan base, packing Memorial Stadium for every game since 1962.

Husker fans bring their show on the road as well. More than 60,000 red-clad Huskers trekked to Pasadena for the 2002 Rose Bowl, and in 2001, more than 30,000 Huskers swarmed South Bend for a matchup with Notre Dame.

Spring Game Crowds

Perhaps the most impressive measurement of the support Husker fans give to the Nebraska football team comes from its Spring Game attendance. Over the past five seasons, nearly 400,000 fans have flocked to Memorial Stadium to watch NU’s final practice of the spring, including a school-record 80,149 fans in 2008 - one of the largest spring game crowd in college football history.

Fan Day

Another Husker tradition is Fan Day which attracts nearly 10,000 fans annually to Memorial Stadium during fall camp. Every Husker player and coach signs autographs and takes pictures with fans in a tradition that dates back more than 30 years.

I don't have a problem with the fans.

None whatsoever.

Even knapp knows that.

I was going to post something smart assed, but decided to take the high road.

Best of luck with that potential.

can you refute that? how does MU factually have more potential than NU?

go ahead and post whatever smart assed thing you want! it wont change the fact that you have NO facts to back up your opinion....we do!

As a long time lurker on all Husker Boards, it does seem a number of us read too man press clippings about being the greatest fans. I find a high number to be fairly ornery and a little stand off-ish(if you will forgive my Tuff Tiger-ish word).

Brother, after that "joke" you posted in the Missouri joke thread, you really don't want to be calling people out for being ornery.

If you could kindly point out Tim's "valid points" that would be great. Seems the consensus is that he hasn't had any yet. Any help you could provide...

potential, practice facilities, $$$, educational support and on and on.

Potential? LMAO.

I'll take the knapp stance on this one.

Give me some facts.

What do you mean potential.

It's arrogance like this that drives me nuts.

Where does it state that Nebraska will continue to 'own us'.

I can only report on what I have heard from friends down at Mizzou, but their practice facilities and weight rooms are second to none.

And do you have facts on $$$$'s and educational support?

Come on dude...come back down to earth.

Yes, you would be surprised at what lug'n around a fat chick and a case of PBR can do for you.

Brother, after that "joke" you posted in the Missouri joke thread, you really don't want to be calling people out for being ornery.

If you could kindly point out Tim's "valid points" that would be great. Seems the consensus is that he hasn't had any yet. Any help you could provide...

Well, I tend to agree with him that "just because it's always been that way" really doesn't apply. Just because we won 24 years in a row doesn't mean we will again. As much as I dislike them, Mizzou is making some nice improvements to their program, both facility wise and player wise.

They are like the Iranians. There's gonna be a fight whether we want it or not...it's more a matter of "on who's terms". We can pooh pooh their progress all we want OR we can improve(as we are) and crush them BEFORE they get any more momentum.

You liked the Lincoln Log joke HuH? One of my favorites.

Well, I tend to agree with him that "just because it's always been that way" really doesn't apply. Just because we won 24 years in a row doesn't mean we will again. As much as I dislike them, Mizzou is making some nice improvements to their program, both facility wise and player wise.

They are like the Iranians. There's gonna be a fight whether we want it or not...it's more a matter of "on who's terms". We can pooh pooh their progress all we want OR we can improve(as we are) and crush them BEFORE they get any more momentum.

You liked the Lincoln Log joke HuH? One of my favorites.

Also, it seems his primary point is that each individual game has it's own synergy. Just because they didn't match up well with another team has no effect on their matchups with us.

Anybody that thinks the last 3 games have any bearing on the upcoming one is a little naive.

Admittedly, teams CAN get on a roll like Mizz did in '97 the 2 weeks before they played us, but I don't think either team has built that kind of momentum at this point in the season.