Nebraska is the best team in the North

:lame

"there is no doubt that VTECH will play in a BCS bowl as far as im concerned, they have been the OU of the ACC for a while now and they are a shoe in for a BCS game! "

BTW, being the OU of a conference implies a certain level of excellence beyond winning your conference. Unless you consider Toledo the OU of the MAC as a legit comparison.

OU has won 6 conference championships outright this decade, a national championship, and finished in the top 10 7 times and the top 5 five times. VT has won the much weaker ACC twice, no national championships, and finished in the top 10 3 times, and none in the top 5.

A level of excellence?

complete3.jpg

Tones down that implication, doesn't it?

"there is no doubt that VTECH will play in a BCS bowl as far as im concerned, they have been the OU of the ACC for a while now and they are a shoe in for a BCS game! "

BTW, being the OU of a conference implies a certain level of excellence beyond winning your conference. Unless you consider Toledo the OU of the MAC as a legit comparison.

OU has won 6 conference championships outright this decade, a national championship, and finished in the top 10 7 times and the top 5 five times. VT has won the much weaker ACC twice, no national championships, and finished in the top 10 3 times, and none in the top 5.

A level of excellence?

complete3.jpg

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound "Neaux" :rollin:rollin:rollin

Three times!

My bad, they also won before there were divisions.

A level of excellence?

complete3.jpg

Yes, the BCS bowl win they had over...ummm...over. Oh yeah, Cincinatti. Boy that was pretty impressive.

He promotes OU so much because they've absolutely embarrassed Mizzou during the height of their program.

#4 in the country to end the season after peaking at #1 at the end of the regular season isn't really the worst height one could reach. That OU was a legit national title contender and played the most perfect game I've ever seen a team play doesn't put shame on MU.

i'm just making a point that your oh so great missouri team will beat the living crap out of my sun belt champion nebraska cornhuskers is just silly because, we can run the ball and your teams defense has been suspect against lower competition

Illinois 1-2 ran for 110, passed for 215 yards

Bowling Green 1-3 ran for 114, passed for 206 you win off of a late rally 27-20

Furman ran for 93 passed for 305 yards

Nevada 0-3 ran for 218, passed for 146 yards.

so..... your awesome non-conference schedule makes your defense look bad against lower level competition. And don't say Illinois is all that great till after the season.

Sorry if I repeat anything already covered, but some of these posts are too wordy and I'm just not in the mood to give my lips that much of a workout (as I slowly read them out loud).

I know (they) say, "Take Baby steps"..But for us to be chasing anyone in the B-12 North would just be chasing our tail.

DocNice:

You keep saying MU is more "talented", but you also admit "not so much on the line"..I guess that's why I sorta think of you guys being like Spurier's Gator teams of the 90's..A whole mess of talented "skill position" players..maybe even two deep in most positions, but the game is still won and lost in the trenches.

Talented QB/Receivers will get you some wins and maybe even a few more "casual fans" filling your stadium.

But it will also get you 7 point wins over Bowling (Soilent) Green, and big losses in championship games.

I haven't seen enough of our games this season to determine if our line play is vastly improved over last year, but I like our chances Thursday.

I hope you guys have lot's of good seasons ahead of you..just not against us.

Sorry if I repeat anything already covered, but some of these posts are too wordy and I'm just not in the mood to give my lips that much of a workout (as I slowly read them out loud).

I know (they) say, "Take Baby steps"..But for us to be chasing anyone in the B-12 North would just be chasing our tail.

DocNice:

You keep saying MU is more "talented", but you also admit "not so much on the line"..I guess that's why I sorta think of you guys being like Spurier's Gator teams of the 90's..A whole mess of talented "skill position" players..maybe even two deep in most positions, but the game is still won and lost in the trenches.

Talented QB/Receivers will get you some wins and maybe even a few more "casual fans" filling your stadium.

But it will also get you 7 point wins over Bowling (Soilent) Green, and big losses in championship games.

I haven't seen enough of our games this season to determine if our line play is vastly improved over last year, but I like our chances Thursday.

I hope you guys have lot's of good seasons ahead of you..just not against us.

Pinkel should learn from Spurrier's mistakes.

Dude, objectively you're wrong. I said your cupcakes, not VT. And you didn't beat VT, so it's kinda hard to call that one in your favor. Being better than Illinois doesn't do you much good because we blew Illinois out. Of course VT was better than Illinois. But you LOST.

It's not difficult to "call VT in our favor" at all. The fact that we lost that game does not negate the fact that we played toe-to-toe with a very tough opponent, in one of the most difficult places to play in the country, and nearly beat them. Losing does not obviate this game entirely. Lessons can be learned from losses. Ignoring that cheapens your argument.

I posted yesterday, and don't care to did it up, that both CFN, which ranks all DI teams, and the Massey index of all computer rankings, shows our wins were against a better schedule. In fact, CFN has your best win not as good as our worst win. And if you want to play 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, you've got a way more direct path. Bowling Green and Ak St both played Troy. BG (our worst cupcake) beat them on the road, Ak St (your highest ranked cupcake) lost at home.

This is an utter cup of fail. First, your "worst cupcake" was Furman. Have you forgotten this game? Or do you simply choose to ignore it because it doesn't support your argument? Second, to support your point you must use a ranking system that is at least realistic. CFN and Massey have Nebraska ranked 5th & 12th, respectively. These are hardly realistic rankings. Not one major publication or news source endorses these rankings, nor are they referenced in any way while discussing college football by... anyone. Anywhere. And I know, because I talk college football with folks across the country, both fans and sports writers. You simply cannot arbitrarily pick rankings systems which support your argument, no matter how flawed or disrespected they are, and expect to be taken seriously in a conversation.

Sagarin, which actually is endorsed by a respected journalism source (USAToday), has a far more realistic ranking which includes both division one and division two. By that ranking, your SOS averages 88.25, while Nebraska's averages 86.5. Here's where you can pound your chest - your "worst cupcake" according to Sagarin is Furman, ranked 102nd in the country (out of 245 teams). Our worst cupcake, Arkansas State, is ranked 125th. There's your win. Cheers!

Yeah, and Arkansas State just about beat Iowa today. So there, this proves the Little Eleven are overrated. Ok, had nothing to do with the arguments at hand, just trying to lighten the mood. :)

Dude, objectively you're wrong. I said your cupcakes, not VT. And you didn't beat VT, so it's kinda hard to call that one in your favor. Being better than Illinois doesn't do you much good because we blew Illinois out. Of course VT was better than Illinois. But you LOST.

It's not difficult to "call VT in our favor" at all. The fact that we lost that game does not negate the fact that we played toe-to-toe with a very tough opponent, in one of the most difficult places to play in the country, and nearly beat them. Losing does not obviate this game entirely. Lessons can be learned from losses. Ignoring that cheapens your argument.

I posted yesterday, and don't care to did it up, that both CFN, which ranks all DI teams, and the Massey index of all computer rankings, shows our wins were against a better schedule. In fact, CFN has your best win not as good as our worst win. And if you want to play 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, you've got a way more direct path. Bowling Green and Ak St both played Troy. BG (our worst cupcake) beat them on the road, Ak St (your highest ranked cupcake) lost at home.

This is an utter cup of fail. First, your "worst cupcake" was Furman. Have you forgotten this game? Or do you simply choose to ignore it because it doesn't support your argument? Second, to support your point you must use a ranking system that is at least realistic. CFN and Massey have Nebraska ranked 5th & 12th, respectively. These are hardly realistic rankings. Not one major publication or news source endorses these rankings, nor are they referenced in any way while discussing college football by... anyone. Anywhere. And I know, because I talk college football with folks across the country, both fans and sports writers. You simply cannot arbitrarily pick rankings systems which support your argument, no matter how flawed or disrespected they are, and expect to be taken seriously in a conversation.

Sagarin, which actually is endorsed by a respected journalism source (USAToday), has a far more realistic ranking which includes both division one and division two. By that ranking, your SOS averages 88.25, while Nebraska's averages 86.5. Here's where you can pound your chest - your "worst cupcake" according to Sagarin is Furman, ranked 102nd in the country (out of 245 teams). Our worst cupcake, Arkansas State, is ranked 125th. There's your win. Cheers!

Yeah, and Arkansas State just about beat Iowa today. So there, this proves the Little Eleven are overrated. Ok, had nothing to do with the arguments at hand, just trying to lighten the mood. :)

Iowa beat Ark State.