2008 vs 2009

Alright we are 4 games into this season and being the stats geek that I am I was going over the stats to see how much better we are this year compared to last year solely based off of the statistics. Record wise we all know that we are the same at 3-1 so I wanted to dig in and see if we are showing signs of improvement or if we are keeping a steady pace with what was started last year. These are the individual leaders and team averages through the first 4 games of both seasons. The number listed first is last year. So here you go:

NU 2008 2009

Points 37.5 vs. 39.25

First Downs 21.25 vs. 22

Rushing Yards 155.5 vs. 183.75

Passing Yards 265.5 vs. 256.25

Total Offense 421 vs. 440

Turnovers 1.75 vs. 1

OPP 2008 2009

Points 19.5 vs. 7

umm, where are points VT scored? shouldn't it be 19.5 vs 23? or am i missing something?

That statistic is the average points per game scored for the first 4 games of the season last year vs this year

OPP 2008 2009

Points 19.5 vs. 7

umm, where are points VT scored? shouldn't it be 19.5 vs 23? or am i missing something?

It's an average. We've given up 28 points through four games. ;)

LOL. Damn. sorry, please continue.

No problem, and you actually helped out because you made me glance at the numbers again, and I think they're wrong. The number for 2008 is wrong, unless I'm missing something.

Through four games last year we gave up 73 points, which averages out to 18.25, not 19.50.

No problem, and you actually helped out because you made me glance at the numbers again, and I think they're wrong. The number for 2008 is wrong, unless I'm missing something.

Through four games last year we gave up 73 points, which averages out to 18.25, not 19.50.

Glad I could help.

OPP 2008 2009

Points 19.5 vs. 7

It's an average. We've given up 28 points through four games. ;)

LOL. Damn. sorry, please continue.

I saw that and was wondering how you thought 7 should be 23, but somehow 19.5 was correct. How do you score 0.5 pts in a game?

I realized as much after I hit send, was hoping to escape under the radar on that, good eye.

Western Michigan - 24

San Jose State - 12

New Mexico State - 7

Virginia Tech - 35

That should be 78 total points.