Its a bye week...

Seriously, that writer said it all in his article.

There is no question that 95 Nebraska was the best college football team of all time. They beat four Top 10 teams like they were nothing. Miami '01 deserves credit where credit is due, but that had two very close call games. Nebraska was scored against first only twice in 95, once by Washington State and Florida scoring first in the Championship game. Other than those few short minutes where Nebraska was down, there was never any doubt that Nebraska would win their games.

95 NU vs. 01 Miami? Easily a 45-21 Nebraska win. Doesn't matter who your defense is, Nebraska was going to score points on you regardless. Miami would have scored points, but not nearly enough to win.

Seriously, that writer said it all in his article.

There is no question that 95 Nebraska was the best college football team of all time. They beat four Top 10 teams like they were nothing. Miami '01 deserves credit where credit is due, but that had two very close call games. Nebraska was scored against first only twice in 95, once by Washington State and Florida scoring first in the Championship game. Other than those few short minutes where Nebraska was down, there was never any doubt that Nebraska would win their games.

95 NU vs. 01 Miami? Easily a 45-21 Nebraska win. Doesn't matter who your defense is, Nebraska was going to score points on you regardless. Miami would have scored points, but not nearly enough to win.

agreed, i thought it was a very well thought out article and he made a very good unbiased conclusion. i say kudos to the writer.

I don't even like having this discussion normally, because there is always some fool who can't get over how much "NFL talent" 01 Miami had. Or there are the people who can't believe that any team from a past decade is better than a team from the current one. As if a team from this millenium is automatically bigger, faster, and smarter than teams from previous decades. Which is ridiculous, because regardless of decade or NFL draft status, anyone who watches football should know that 95 NU was just an unbelievably gifted, well coached and (more importantly) the most single minded and unified team to ever play the game. And the only people who argue otherwise are those with extreme biases and/or an undying hatred for the Cornhuskers.

As far as I'm concerned (and I realize I'm more than a little biased myself) it's not even worth arguing. The 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers = Best college football team of all time!