Asante is practicing!!

jjamuss

Asante practicing

Posted by: Brian Christopherson on September 30, 2009 at 4:58PM CST

Larry Asante is practicing today. As expected, Rickey Thenarse is not. Don't expect we'll see him out there anytime soon.

Also, redshirt freshman defensive end Josh Williams is watching practice with a boot on his foot. Bo Pelini speaks with the media after the practice, so we'll have more on the injury front and everything else shortly.

GOOD NEWS!! and some bad... Whew!!

:restore

my hope is that ricky can get a medical redshirt...he has played 30.7% of games if we make the title game and that would put him just over the 30% limit. the NCAA has made exceptions like that in the past, so i would say to hold him out this season unless he is good to go within 3 weeks...just my opinion..

I dont know if anyone else saw the post-practice interview. but it sounded like he said they feel pretty good about having him back next year...

Can anyone confirm that? i couldnt hear Bo that well.

my hope is that ricky can get a medical redshirt...he has played 30.7% of games if we make the title game and that would put him just over the 30% limit. the NCAA has made exceptions like that in the past, so i would say to hold him out this season unless he is good to go within 3 weeks...just my opinion..

I dont know if anyone else saw the post-practice interview. but it sounded like he said they feel pretty good about having him back next year...

Can anyone confirm that? i couldnt hear Bo that well.

Yeah Bo said he felt good about getting him a medical RS.

I know I've heard something about guys getting that medical even if they've played in too many games, with the stipulation that they weren't a starter or didn't play X number of snaps, or something like that. The school has to put together a dossier requesting the medical, and they look at it and decide based on a bunch of factors.

It used to be pretty cut and dried, but I think they've softened their stance in the last few years (I want to say 2006, but I can't find anything to back that up).

Sorry. I could be way off base here. But this is all ringing a bell...