How will the Husker image change after MU

Twodocs

I know whats going to happen.

After we lose to missouri the board will have a meltdown. The team will have a meltdown. but bounce back and win most of the games there suspost to this year. Im predicting a 8-4 season again. Sorry i want to believe but playing in a hostile enviroment isnt what lee is used to yet. I think we have a better chance against oklahoma at home then kansas or missouri on the road. But i would LOVE to be proven wrong.

You DO NOT want to see this place if we lose. If you think the complaining about recruiting or playcalling or whatever else is bad now, it would be....well, unfathomable. You'd best have the defibrillators at hand and charging.

Sorry, TEB, but after 16 posts you do not know the resilligence of this board or of Husker Nation as a whole. I and many thousands of others have lived through good and bad. My first visit to Memorial Stadium we lost to Washington and Jack Thompson, the Throughin' Samoan. Many of us have lived through crushing defeats. Strange thing, we are all still here and we will still be here no matter what happens next Thursday. Either get on board or stand at the curb, The BIG RED is passing by.

T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:bonez

I've been around here a long time, just under another name but I can never get frick'n log ins to work when I don't post for a while. I don't know what resilligence is AND, oddly enough, my 1st NU game was the 19-10 game as well. Was just a tike then.

I do know us NU fans have endured MORE heartbreak than any other fan. By my count, we could've won OR played for all the marbles in...78,81,82,83,86,89,90,93,94,95,96,97,00,01. A couple of the early 70 teams were highly ranked as well. Give us just half of those and the perception of NU would have been unprecedented powerhouse as opposed to lovable loser.

I just think that folks are SOOOOOOOOOOO ready to become more relevant again, and this IS a BIG CHANCE, that I know it will not be well received if we lose..'specially to Mizz.

I view us Husker fans like the Israelis. We are spread out to every corner of the earth BUT if the homeland is attacked, we will defend it to the end...and we are quite powerful as well. NOBODY travels like us and ,for a small population, supports their team.

We've had a decade of tough times, by our standards, and support has rarely waned.

We are ready to come out of our depression in a big way.

Beating Mizzou does little to improve our image. Beating Mizzou and KU this year does not mean we are back. Beating OU and/or the Big 12 Championship will mean we are back.

Did beating OU twice under Ron Prince show that KSU was back? It remains to be seen whether OU has some serious problems this year, but if you were to win the conference this year it would be because UT and OU have stepped backward this year, not because you stepped up to being a top 5 program like those two are.

If you want to get respect, you have to win consistently. You have a major benefit of the doubt in your name and tradition that Mizzou could only dream of. We'd have to be a top 10-15 team every year for a decade to get the same kind of respect you'd get for doing that for 4 years.

what?

Beating Mizzou does little to improve our image. Beating Mizzou and KU this year does not mean we are back. Beating OU and/or the Big 12 Championship will mean we are back.

Did beating OU twice under Ron Prince show that KSU was back? It remains to be seen whether OU has some serious problems this year, but if you were to win the conference this year it would be because UT and OU have stepped backward this year, not because you stepped up to being a top 5 program like those two are.

If you want to get respect, you have to win consistently. You have a major benefit of the doubt in your name and tradition that Mizzou could only dream of. We'd have to be a top 10-15 team every year for a decade to get the same kind of respect you'd get for doing that for 4 years.

what?

Doc, did you used to post as Tuff Tiger?

I know whats going to happen.

After we lose to missouri the board will have a meltdown. The team will have a meltdown. but bounce back and win most of the games there suspost to this year. Im predicting a 8-4 season again. Sorry i want to believe but playing in a hostile enviroment isnt what lee is used to yet. I think we have a better chance against oklahoma at home then kansas or missouri on the road. But i would LOVE to be proven wrong.

You DO NOT want to see this place if we lose. If you think the complaining about recruiting or playcalling or whatever else is bad now, it would be....well, unfathomable. You'd best have the defibrillators at hand and charging.

Sorry, TEB, but after 16 posts you do not know the resilligence of this board or of Husker Nation as a whole. I and many thousands of others have lived through good and bad. My first visit to Memorial Stadium we lost to Washington and Jack Thompson, the Throughin' Samoan. Many of us have lived through crushing defeats. Strange thing, we are all still here and we will still be here no matter what happens next Thursday. Either get on board or stand at the curb, The BIG RED is passing by.

T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:bonez

I've been around here a long time, just under another name but I can never get frick'n log ins to work when I don't post for a while. I don't know what resilligence is AND, oddly enough, my 1st NU game was the 19-10 game as well. Was just a tike then.

I do know us NU fans have endured MORE heartbreak than any other fan. By my count, we could've won OR played for all the marbles in...78,81,82,83,86,89,90,93,94,95,96,97,00,01. A couple of the early 70 teams were highly ranked as well. Give us just half of those and the perception of NU would have been unprecedented powerhouse as opposed to lovable loser.

I just think that folks are SOOOOOOOOOOO ready to become more relevant again, and this IS a BIG CHANCE, that I know it will not be well received if we lose..'specially to Mizz.

I view us Husker fans like the Israelis. We are spread out to every corner of the earth BUT if the homeland is attacked, we will defend it to the end...and we are quite powerful as well. NOBODY travels like us and ,for a small population, supports their team.

We've had a decade of tough times, by our standards, and support has rarely waned.

We are ready to come out of our depression in a big way.

Woe is me I can't get on if I haven't been on for a while. Who were you then? I never havea problem getting on and I am certainly not even in the same universe as people who know how to make these damn machines work. One game at a time, man, one game at a time.

T_O_B

:)

what?

Sorry, I meant Texas.

The image of NU is so bad that they have a long ways to go to get back the respect that Callafraud and his gang of misfits threw away.

Bo and his guys can get it done, but until NU starts playing and winning like NU is supposed to, they will have the image of an average, at best, program. Average is not Nebraska Football and to accept average is not Nebraska-like.

Losing to this MU team will eliminate NU from the polls and anybodies respect radar for a long time. Getting blown out by this MU team will triple what I just posted.

Mizzu winning the game next week, a very important and huge game for Nebraska I might add, will have a lot of Husker fans wondering if BO was the right hire for the job...