How will the Husker image change after MU

Twodocs

The public image should change dramatically.

You would be surprised how many folks don't know the difference 'twixt a Hillbilly and a Farmer.

Us Nebraskans inaccurately get called hillbillies far too often. Once the TV focuses on the MU fight song that probably sounds something like someone calling a square dance and they all start "ala man left, grand right and lefting", the perception will change for the positive for us.

I thinks it's funny that you think we are going to lose. Maybe I watch to much college football. No wonder I get yelled at all the time.

Sorry, but there is no way we lose this game. Doesn't matter if they find a way to cram another 80,000 in the stands, this one get's chalked up in the W column.

THis game will be a great opportunity to raise the image of Bo and the Huskers.

I am really very amazed how far off the radar screen our program is.

So I ask the Husker fans if this game could help MU more than Nebraska, especially, if they win or play it very close?

What does Nu have to do this year to regain the respect we have lost. :restore ?

Will we have to take some name scalps time after time and in a very dominating manner?

So is this game more fraught with risk than reward for NU?

This is a great opportunity for Carl and Bo to show they have a dominating defense.

As the Peters used to say

WE HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST TO BE THE BEST

ARE WE READY FOR OUR CLOSEUP?

IS THIS GAME THE STAGE WE SEEK?

I guess there are several issues here we could discuss, but, I am wondering if everybody realizes how far the prior regime has damaged our image, or has it?

Has MU more image mojo than NU due to the sucess over the last three years and was at NU's expense?

As for the original post...Yes.

Even Dr. Tom said that the KC area and missouri are fertile recruiting grounds and that it helped when MU & KU didn't have a strong recruiting edge there. Plain and simple NU has lost alot of ground that past decade with that area and have suffered from it. MU has gained alot of air time and publicity due to there success over the past 5 years and are viewed as a program on the rise. Hell even their athletic department in whole is starting to pick up momentum. Welcome to the social disfunctionalism that is "What have you done for me lately!".

You would be surprised how many folks don't know the difference 'twixt a Hillbilly and a Farmer.

Us Nebraskans inaccurately get called hillbillies far too often. Once the TV focuses on the MU fight song that probably sounds something like someone calling a square dance and they all start "ala man left, grand right and lefting", the perception will change for the positive for us.

I thinks it's funny that you think we are going to lose. Maybe I watch to much college football. No wonder I get yelled at all the time.

Sorry, but there is no way we lose this game. Doesn't matter if they find a way to cram another 80,000 in the stands, this one get's chalked up in the W column.

I love the confidence, but it can happen! Things are looking better for Nebraska than in past years, but a loss would not be out of the question (still have road game jitters against teams who have shalacked us in the past).

BTW, did I mention that we should kick the $hit outta those mutherf*%&ing Tiggers?

Beating Mizzou does little to improve our image. Beating Mizzou and KU this year does not mean we are back. Beating OU and/or the Big 12 Championship will mean we are back.

'

What a strange way to look at the most important game we've played in years. If Misery whups our tail again, we are SCREWED, this season is unlikely to be successful and our recruting will definitely go down the toilet. Beating the team that has owned us for the last few years is the biggest step we can take to "getting back". Beating OU can happen or not happen this year and we'll still be fine. Losing big to Missouri will put this program back a long way!

I love the confidence, but it can happen! Things are looking better for Nebraska than in past years, but a loss would not be out of the question (still have road game jitters against teams who have shalacked us in the past).

BTW, did I mention that we should kick the $hit outta those mutherf*%&ing Tiggers?

I didn't say we were going to lose unless I misread my own post. I personally think we win going away. I find it kinda funny others on the Board are a little worried.

I think I just posted about hillbillies and farmers, meaning people would see mizzur'ns for the hillbillies they are.

I didn't say we were going to lose unless I misread my own post. I personally think we win going away. I find it kinda funny others on the Board are a little worried.

I think I just posted about hillbillies and farmers, meaning people would see mizzur'ns for the hillbillies they are.

Sorry man! Wrong quote. :LOLtartar didn't mean anything toward you.

I think in the first few days after the win at Missouri, the victory is going to seem sweet. However, we will begin to question Missouri more and more after October wears on. Following the game with Nebraska, Missouri goes to Okie State on the 17th and I have a tough time seeing them beat the pokes. Then they come back to Columbia and face the Longhorns. No way do I see them beating Texas. At that point they would be 4-3 when they head to Boulder. After those three beatings, who knows how Missouri would fare in Boulder.

As for me, a victory in Columbia is sweet no matter how Missouri's season plays out. And on a side, I hope I am wrong and Missouri beats Okie Lite and Texas. But I just see Missouri's October schedule being too tough and the results diminishing our win in Columbia in the national perception. (If there is one.)

Not to dedhoarse but.....ah hell lets dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

Lets not blow this game up more than it needs to be...but that Missou/Neb bell needs to come home.

:yeah

I joined Husker Nation almost 40 years ago. I was, am, an Osborne supporter from day one. There is no game that is more important than the last or the next, if you win you get Sunday off, if you loose you practice. We will be tested every time we step on the field. "Day by Day, we get better and better!

The team that can't be beat, WON'T BE BEAT!"

T_O_B

:bonez

I know whats going to happen.

After we lose to missouri the board will have a meltdown. The team will have a meltdown. but bounce back and win most of the games there suspost to this year. Im predicting a 8-4 season again. Sorry i want to believe but playing in a hostile enviroment isnt what lee is used to yet. I think we have a better chance against oklahoma at home then kansas or missouri on the road. But i would LOVE to be proven wrong.

...and you will be BRPW, you will be.

T_O_B

:bonez

I know whats going to happen.

After we lose to missouri the board will have a meltdown. The team will have a meltdown. but bounce back and win most of the games there suspost to this year. Im predicting a 8-4 season again. Sorry i want to believe but playing in a hostile enviroment isnt what lee is used to yet. I think we have a better chance against oklahoma at home then kansas or missouri on the road. But i would LOVE to be proven wrong.

You DO NOT want to see this place if we lose. If you think the complaining about recruiting or playcalling or whatever else is bad now, it would be....well, unfathomable. You'd best have the defibrillators at hand and charging.

Sorry, TEB, but after 16 posts you do not know the resilligence of this board or of Husker Nation as a whole. I and many thousands of others have lived through good and bad. My first visit to Memorial Stadium we lost to Washington and Jack Thompson, the Throughin' Samoan. Many of us have lived through crushing defeats. Strange thing, we are all still here and we will still be here no matter what happens next Thursday. Either get on board or stand at the curb, The BIG RED is passing by.

T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:bonez

Like I said before. A 4-4 Missouri team on Halloween headed back from Boulder. Their fans can wear Jayhawk caps and trick or treat as winners!!! :rollin Winning this game will do nothing as far as national image but is a first step towards the north division title. In all actuality any game on the Husker's schedule excluding the Sooners is not going to reap much nationally. Iowa State, K State, Mizzou, Colorado, Baylor. Basically all the same. Win one and not much. Lose one and it's headlines. Is Nebraska back? Not even close yet. But unlike Mizzou, we have at least been there.

Agree NU needs this game badly as it is high profile and the only game on NT, grt showcase one way or other. MU has been operating under radar, national press has said it is a rebuilding year and not expecting much, if they stumble it will meet perceptions. BUT if NU loses, all the talking hds who have been saying they were easily the best team in north should win easily, grt D, blah, blah will look rather foolish and they don't like that and could turn very negative on huskers. NU has a very hard schedule, tho the faithful havn't talked about it much, going into KU, CU Baylor and a couple of tough south teams? That could be really difficult, especially if you lose nxt thursday.

MU strengths are more than capable of exploiting NU's banged up and thin secondary, plus your lbers have so little experience and MU is the master of the underneath routes and is very talented. Won't have much success running the ball, probably, so should come out firing. It will be a rough game for both.

what?

Beating Mizzou does little to improve our image. Beating Mizzou and KU this year does not mean we are back. Beating OU and/or the Big 12 Championship will mean we are back.

Did beating OU twice under Ron Prince show that KSU was back? It remains to be seen whether OU has some serious problems this year, but if you were to win the conference this year it would be because UT and OU have stepped backward this year, not because you stepped up to being a top 5 program like those two are.

If you want to get respect, you have to win consistently. You have a major benefit of the doubt in your name and tradition that Mizzou could only dream of. We'd have to be a top 10-15 team every year for a decade to get the same kind of respect you'd get for doing that for 4 years.