How will the Husker image change after MU

Twodocs

I won't debat the fact NU will never be what it was in the 90's. Different coaches, different era, different play book, just different in every aspect execpt in the heart. The heart is big in NU country, and the swagger I feel is starting to show up again. Maybe not in Key wins, but in confidence. Its a matter of time before NU starts to work its way up the top 25, top 20, 15, 10 and so on, how long that takes who knows, but it will happen.

On a side note. We as NU fans hope and pray for the glory days to come back, but it won't, but every since TO left, we are still the NU of old in the eyes of every team that was dominated by NU for the past 40 years. We are down but no one plays us like where down. Nebraska gets everyones best shot no matter how crappy we play week in and week out. No one will ever over look the team the the N on their helmets, and will forever be a good win for anyteam on any week.

the image will never be the same, but will take on its own with time....just my thoughs.

pressure is obviously on Bo and the huskers, since they havn't been relevant or done anything to get the attention of recruits for 3 years, which is the time when these 18 yr olds were paying attention. As recruiting is going not well this yr for huskers if they lose at all and especially if they get blown out, this would be disasterous. Remember huskers were consensus choice by the lazy media who didn't do their homework, all 3 top teams had major questions. If they are embarassed for that choice, they won't take another risk and will have a tendency to be negative about NU for some time.

as for saying beating mu isn't a big deal, that's funny. MU played in the CCG last two yrs and were at Number 1 in 07, top ten in 08 and were in discussions on the natioinal stage, where NU has not been for some time. Despite your bravado, this is a huge game for perception purposes and NU has the most to lose.

Beautiful thing is, none of what anyone says heres matters anymore, game is less than a wk away. You have to beat someone of substance before you are truly relevant. NU has beaten no one in recent memory. To be fair? MU hasn't either, beating a then number 1 overated KU end of 07, just a rivalry game, they wern't top 10 worthy truth be known.

BTW just saw a replay on that Holt TD reception on a replay. Why wasn't that a catch, he got both feet inbounds! I know the technicality of the rule and I think it is stupid. To me that was a catch and would obviously have changed the whole VT game, you got hosed. I actually do root for big12 teams outside of games that are hd to hd w mu.

BTW just saw a replay on that Holt TD reception on a replay. Why wasn't that a catch, he got both feet inbounds! I know the technicality of the rule and I think it is stupid. To me that was a catch and would obviously have changed the whole VT game, you got hosed. I actually do root for big12 teams outside of games that are hd to hd w mu.

Thread to get highjacked in 3,2,1........que the debate on maintaining possession.

pressure is obviously on Bo and the huskers, since they havn't been relevant or done anything to get the attention of recruits for 3 years, which is the time when these 18 yr olds were paying attention. As recruiting is going not well this yr for huskers if they lose at all and especially if they get blown out, this would be disasterous. Remember huskers were consensus choice by the lazy media who didn't do their homework, all 3 top teams had major questions. If they are embarassed for that choice, they won't take another risk and will have a tendency to be negative about NU for some time.

as for saying beating mu isn't a big deal, that's funny. MU played in the CCG last two yrs and were at Number 1 in 07, top ten in 08 and were in discussions on the natioinal stage, where NU has not been for some time. Despite your bravado, this is a huge game for perception purposes and NU has the most to lose.

Beautiful thing is, none of what anyone says heres matters anymore, game is less than a wk away. You have to beat someone of substance before you are truly relevant. NU has beaten no one in recent memory. To be fair? MU hasn't either, beating a then number 1 overated KU end of 07, just a rivalry game, they wern't top 10 worthy truth be known.

Fixed. We can stay on topic now.

Fixed. We can stay on topic now.

love it

If you want to change opinions, you have to do something bold. Simply beating Missouri isn't all that bold....

So true. However losing to Missouri (close or blow out) will do more to lower respect than beating them will improve respect for NU Football. Beating them is just a step towards to getting back to where they belong.

In fact,NU's respect is so lacking that discussions such as these are an every day occurrence when it comes to NU Football. NU is back only when these discussions are no more.

Right. We absolutely need to not lose this game far more than we need to win. :dumdum A loss is a killer. A win doesn't mean that much.

Beating Mizzou will mean little to the media. We are supposed to beat them and were picked to win the division. We have shown to be the better team.

If we lose it will be hurt us way more than their losing.

I am tired of hearing about the past staff not getting the job done. Neither did the one before it and this one has not got us out of the toilet yet.

Until we actually win a game against a real opponent, IE top 10, we haven't done squat and are not worth mentioning.

If you want to change opinions, you have to do something bold. Simply beating Missouri isn't all that bold....

So true. However losing to Missouri (close or blow out) will do more to lower respect than beating them will improve respect for NU Football. Beating them is just a step towards to getting back to where they belong.

In fact,NU's respect is so lacking that discussions such as these are an every day occurrence when it comes to NU Football. NU is back only when these discussions are no more.

Right. We absolutely need to not lose this game far more than we need to win. :dumdum A loss is a killer. A win doesn't mean that much.

Short Busing again I see. Go with it, it seems to work for you and is your best move.

The public image should change dramatically.

You would be surprised how many folks don't know the difference 'twixt a Hillbilly and a Farmer.

Us Nebraskans inaccurately get called hillbillies far too often. Once the TV focuses on the MU fight song that probably sounds something like someone calling a square dance and they all start "ala man left, grand right and lefting", the perception will change for the positive for us.

I know whats going to happen.

After we lose to missouri the board will have a meltdown. The team will have a meltdown. but bounce back and win most of the games there suspost to this year. Im predicting a 8-4 season again. Sorry i want to believe but playing in a hostile enviroment isnt what lee is used to yet. I think we have a better chance against oklahoma at home then kansas or missouri on the road. But i would LOVE to be proven wrong.

After we lose to missouri the board will have a meltdown. The team will have a meltdown. but bounce back and win most of the games there suspost to this year. Im predicting a 8-4 season again. Sorry i want to believe but playing in a hostile enviroment isnt what lee is used to yet. I think we have a better chance against oklahoma at home then kansas or missouri on the road. But i would LOVE to be proven wrong.

You DO NOT want to see this place if we lose. If you think the complaining about recruiting or playcalling or whatever else is bad now, it would be....well, unfathomable. You'd best have the defibrillators at hand and charging.

You DO NOT want to see this place if we lose. If you think the complaining about recruiting or playcalling or whatever else is bad now, it would be....well, unfathomable. You'd best have the defibrillators at hand and charging.

I know i think ill avoid the board that day, most likely it will end up crashing anyway.

I know i think ill avoid the board that day, most likely it will end up crashing anyway.

As I think about it, it just may be as bad if we win. All the testosterone will be off the charts here as if the posters played the game.

This may be a no win sitchy-ation, me thinks.