Husker prayer?

I was browsing the T-shirts over at HuskerVideo.com and came across this:

http://www.huskervideo.com/store/pc/Let-It...ed-185p5405.htm

I thought it was cool 'cause I haven't seen the Husker Prayer shirt yet. But when I looked at the words I was confused! :dunno

equal all your stripes?

a team that can't be beat?

It just sounds odd hearing it that way.

on a related topic, anyone know how the prayer got started? The history behind it?

I thought it was cool 'cause I haven't seen the Husker Prayer shirt yet. But when I looked at the words I was confused! :dunno

equal all your stripes?

on a related topic, anyone know how the prayer got started? The history behind it?

MadeinChinasign.jpg

The Husker Prayer:

Dear Lord, the battles we go through life,

We ask for a chance that's fair,

A chance to equal our stride,

A chance to do or dare,

If we should win, let it be by the code,

Faith and Honor held high,

If we should lose, we'll stand by the road,

And cheer as the winners go by.

Day by Day, we get better and better!

The team that can't be beat, WON'T BE BEAT!

equal all your stripes?

I didn't read your whole post, my bad. I dunno about the stripes part. That's definitely not right. I think the second part is ok though. Didn't Wistrom make it up?

I didn't read your whole post, my bad. I dunno about the stripes part. That's definitely not right. I think the second part is ok though. Didn't Wistrom make it up?

I guess the only version I really ever knew was Cory Ross'

It's almost as if someone decided to go through it and make it grammatically correct...or couldn't understand what Cory was saying, so did the best they could, lol

Even in TOBull's version says 'The team that can't be beat' when I would say 'Til we can't be beat'

I guess different strokes for different folks

• 1 month later...

Was thinking about this, reread Hero of the Underground.

This is what Jason Peter said FWIW.

Dear Lord,

In the battle we go through in life, we ask for a chance that's fair, A chance to equal all your stripes, a chance to do or dare.

If we shall win, let is be by the code, with our faith and honor held high.

If we shall lose, let us shand by the road and cheer the winners as they go by

Day by day,

Getting better and better,

A team that can't be beat! Won't be beat!

It's almost as if someone decided to go through it and make it grammatically correct...or couldn't understand what Cory was saying, so did the best they could, lol

Even in TOBull's version says 'The team that can't be beat' when I would say 'Til we can't be beat'

TOB has the same version that i have..

the reason that it says 'the team that can't be beat' is because of the mentality that you cannot be beaten right now at this time at this game. if you say 'til we can't be beat' then that is saying that you can currently be beaten.

i know when i go to play football, i go in with the mentality that i am not going to be beaten...

TOB has the same version that i have..

the reason that it says 'the team that can't be beat' is because of the mentality that you cannot be beaten right now at this time at this game. if you say 'til we can't be beat' then that is saying that you can currently be beaten.

i know when i go to play football, i go in with the mentality that i am not going to be beaten...

Found this video, definitley says till we can't be beat, also pretty sure equal our stripes was said.