Neb -1.5 (Officially)

From that same article on the Columbia Tribune site:

Apparently Missouri players haven't seen the updated national rankings. Several are playing the "no respect" card, citing the Tigers being unranked this week while the Huskers have been ranked all season. "We're going in as the underdog," Washington told me. "A lot of people didn't think we'd be 4-0 going into this game."

I pointed out that Missouri is the home team and has beaten Nebraska in four of the last six meetings. So why are the Tigers the underdog?

"We're still not ranked yet. And there's nothing we can do about that except play," Washington said. "Those guys are still ranked. Everybody's doubting us. I'm hearing a lot of people on the news saying we don't have a chance. ... So, we just want to come in and prove people wrong."

And, for the record, the Tigers are ranked in both major polls, even four spots higher than Nebraska in the coaches' poll. In fairness, the players had been in meetings all afternoon when the rankings came out. And, if I'm Gary Pinkel, I'd just assume the players believe they are unranked going into Thursday's game.

Since when have facts gotten in the way of Missouri or their fans? :lol:

Wasn't there some tigger fan on this board who swore with confidence that Missouri would be a -4.5 favorite?

...hmmmm....

I didn't "swear by it with confidence", I just stated that is what my belief was....(Mizzou 4.5 favs).

I love how you guys exagerate.

Anyway....www.scoresandodds.com is showing Nebraska a 2.5 favorite.

I'm actually thrilled. I only have to be concerned with Mizzou winning before I win me some moolah.

P.S. Game time is 4 days away. :woo

Hopefully for you your betting has improved since you picked VaTech to cover. Hopefully for us the outcome is better than the VaTech ending.

I really expected Misery to be a 1-3 point fav-especially considering how well home teams do in these weeknight games.

So much for NU not getting any respect, huh?

There's a difference between getting respect from Vegas and respect from anyone else. Being biased will cost Vegas money. The others don't have anything tangible riding on their lip service.

Wasn't there some tigger fan on this board who swore with confidence that Missouri would be a -4.5 favorite?

...hmmmm....

I didn't "swear by it with confidence", I just stated that is what my belief was....(Mizzou 4.5 favs).

I'm actually thrilled. I only have to be concerned with Mizzou winning before I win me some moolah.

Hopefully for you your betting has improved since you picked VaTech to cover. Hopefully for us the outcome is better than the VaTech ending.

I'm up for the year.

This week is a NOOOOOO BRAINER!!

Apparently Missouri players haven't seen the updated national rankings. Several are playing the "no respect" card, citing the Tigers being unranked this week while the Huskers have been ranked all season. "We're going in as the underdog," Washington told me. "A lot of people didn't think we'd be 4-0 going into this game."

I pointed out that Missouri is the home team and has beaten Nebraska in four of the last six meetings. So why are the Tigers the underdog?

"We're still not ranked yet. And there's nothing we can do about that except play," Washington said. "Those guys are still ranked. Everybody's doubting us. I'm hearing a lot of people on the news saying we don't have a chance. ... So, we just want to come in and prove people wrong."

And, for the record, the Tigers are ranked in both major polls, even four spots higher than Nebraska in the coaches' poll. In fairness, the players had been in meetings all afternoon when the rankings came out. And, if I'm Gary Pinkel, I'd just assume the players believe they are unranked going into Thursday's game.

Or twisted/taken out of context words!?!?!? :lol:

...hmmmm....

Well regardless of what you said, you were wrong, and that's what's important about my previous post.

If your belief on this was off, maybe you should rethink your belief about putting money on the tiggers for this game...might not be up anymore.

Actually....no, go ahead and put hundreds on Mizzou, I'll gladly win some of your money this Thursday.

...hmmmm....

Well regardless of what you said, you were wrong, and that's what's important about my previous post.

If your belief on this was off, maybe you should rethink your belief about putting money on the tiggers for this game...might not be up anymore.

Actually....no, go ahead and put hundreds on Mizzou, I'll gladly win some of your money this Thursday.

I'm not that big of a spender.

I'll put some money on it....not hundreds.

I'm looking out for my Husker friends.

Either put the money back in your pocket or put it on Mizzou +2.5

Go read the article and see where I "twisted" anything here. This was one of the writer's bullet points, in its entirety. If anyone "twisted" anything, it's your own sportswriter.

But hey - thanks for playing. :thumbs

Go read the article and see where I "twisted" anything here. This was one of the writer's bullet points, in its entirety. If anyone "twisted" anything, it's your own sportswriter.

Your fascination with me is frightening.

Either put me on ignore or don't respond to my posts.

I was talking about YOU....YOU....get it? :dumdum

knapplc,

it's no use giving him a sarcastic compliment at the end of the post...he'll just unknowingly accept it as real and keep on trolling.

Your fascination with me is frightening.

Either put me on ignore or don't respond to my posts.

I was talking about YOU....YOU....get it?

Frightening? This from a guy who spends so much time trolling an opponent's message board that he has 270 posts in 24 days. Are you the pot or the kettle?