What I have observed from watching Missouri

Twodocs

My 2 cents is how is this not Gabbert's first big test? National TV against the Huskers... everybody was worried about Zac Lee and Blacksburg, but to me this is Gabbert's first big test to see what he can do against the best D he has seen thus far in the season... Don't get me wrong, I do think he is going to be a solid QB, but watching the Nevada game I saw a lot of mistakes and don't see him gaining much stride against NU.

Well, while Illinois looks like a bad team, that was a HUGE game in a 50/50 hostile stadium. Blaine handled the big pressure around it (including the fact that it was his first start in his hometown) incredibly well. And while you may think he didn't play well in Nevada (and he did miss some open men in teh red zone), his stats were outstanding.

It's because he'll be at home with the home crowd behind him. Blacksburg was an away game in a place that's very hard place to win for any opposing QB.

correct, but crowds don't win football games... yes noise can be hard to overcome and mental mistakes are made, but you can't tell me Gabbert will just have an amazing game because he is at home, you can't tell me NU's D will not rattle him...

My 2 cents is how is this not Gabbert's first big test? National TV against the Huskers... everybody was worried about Zac Lee and Blacksburg, but to me this is Gabbert's first big test to see what he can do against the best D he has seen thus far in the season... Don't get me wrong, I do think he is going to be a solid QB, but watching the Nevada game I saw a lot of mistakes and don't see him gaining much stride against NU.

Well, while Illinois looks like a bad team, that was a HUGE game in a 50/50 hostile stadium. Blaine handled the big pressure around it (including the fact that it was his first start in his hometown) incredibly well. And while you may think he didn't play well in Nevada (and he did miss some open men in teh red zone), his stats were outstanding.

didn't say he didn't play well... just don't think he will be able to get over some of his mistakes against a D like Nebraska... just my opinion

It's because he'll be at home with the home crowd behind him. Blacksburg was an away game in a place that's very hard place to win for any opposing QB.

correct, but crowds don't win football games... yes noise can be hard to overcome and mental mistakes are made, but you can't tell me Gabbert will just have an amazing game because he is at home, you can't tell me NU's D will not rattle him...

Well, I'll tell you... I'm not convinced you'll rattle him. The kid is pretty cool. But there are no certainties in life. That I can agree with.

I was impressed with Gabbert's poise during his first start, even though Illinois is turning out to be less than advertised. That's the only MU game I have really seen, though. The kid is a good player and will only get better with time.