Alex Henery

If an hour goes by where Mangieri doesn't get off a few snaps within the next week and a half, I'd run that kid until he puked his guts out. Then he'd snap the ball again.

He's a walk-on, isn't he? Sure, he's a critical part of the team, but we can't be as hard on him as we can a scholly player.

If an hour goes by where Mangieri doesn't get off a few snaps within the next week and a half, I'd run that kid until he puked his guts out. Then he'd snap the ball again.

He's a walk-on, isn't he? Sure, he's a critical part of the team, but we can't be as hard on him as we can a scholly player.

And a freshman. And he was snapping wet balls.

But still... needs to spend a lot of time working on his snaps. And man, Bo was all over him on the sideline. I felt kinda bad for him.

Why not? He's on the team playing in the game isn't he?

You play an important role on this team, you expect them to perform.

Mangieri was brought here for one reason and one reason only - to long snap. Kid was considered one of the best in the country at camps he attended just for this purpose. We had a hole that needed plugged and we brought him in and started him.

Kid has one job and one job only. Get the ball back to the holder/punter cleanly. If you cannot do that, then we have a BIG problem. No excuses when on every snap tonight we were holding our breath. Heck, the XP snaps were awful as well.

Dude cost us 2 points and some field position tonight. It didn't bite us tonight, thankfully. But it could in the future. No excuses regardless of how/why he got here. Gotta perform.

Henerey impressed me with his thinking to throw that ball out of the end zone and take the safety...may have saved a Mizzou TD. This kid has earned his scholarship Bo gave him this spring time and time again. His numbers may not be the greatest all the time as far as distances go, but the little things that he handles when things go bad is very impressive.

Why not? He's on the team playing in the game isn't he?

Yeah, not sure we should be differentiating between a walk on and a scholly player when things go wrong. He's on the field, he needs to do his job. That said, tough conditions tonight for a freshman in a tough role. He will get better.