Zac Lee

Yeah, Lee didn't have a good game, but did you see the conditions? I'm not sure why we were so fixated on passing the ball so much, but the play calling was ridiculous. The few runs we did early on went for good gains, and then we decided to get pass happy.

Yeah, Lee went 14 for 33, but let us not forget that Gabbert went 17 for 43, which if my math is correct, is a worse completion % than Lee. I will also add that Lee threw three TDs and NO INTERCEPTIONS. Gabbert threw 0 (that's zero) TDs and TWO INTERCEPTIONS.

Lee did bad early on during the ridiculous weather conditions and almost as soon as it let up he throws three TDs. I'm definitely not about to say he's a bad QB by any means, especially when the opposing QB - who was being hyped as a HUGE advantage for the Tigers - did worse.

Note Lee threw nothing to Mizzou last night... outside of the bad snap/fumble... he made no mistakes. He continues to play mistake free football.

I am SO happy that Bo/Watson didn't decide to put Green in there... who likely would have made some freshman mistakes, and in that game... it would have only taken one or two (anyone remember Beau Davis at Tech).

Nice post. It's more than clear that Green is not close to being ready to play. If he were, they would have yanked Lee considering how really poor he was playing in the first half and the behinning of the 2nd.

Love how Lee sucked it up and got the job done.

This is ridiculous, sorry to say.

Lee had a terrible first half, but what did we expect? Watson called 27 pass plays in that torrential down poor, and his receivers dropped as many balls as he mis-threw. I would call Watson's play calling into question more than I would Lee, considering Watson was not helping Lee out at all with the run game. Some of it comes down to execution, yes, but when you are getting three and outed and only trying the same simple run plays every time, you aren't helping the offense.

A lot of it also has to do with the rain. I expect the game would have been a little smoother had the rain ceased.

Green wouldn't have done much better. Yes, he brings a threat in the run game and he has proven to be a solid passer, but he has only proven himself in garbage time against weaker opponents. Lee is the better passer and better general of the team right now, and it's obvious by the way they rallied in the fourth.

Agreed. Lee had it when it counted.

I just thik he got lucky. I havent seen anything from him that makes him a good NCAA qb yet.

Yeah, he got lucky three times in a row <_<

Yeah he did get lucky three times in a row. If it wasnt for our defense intercepting passes he wouldnt have got us down the field. Maybe Green doesnt have enough experiance, but if we continue to play with Lee and bad playcalling we are gonna lose games this year. And I am sorry, maybe its just me, but if you play quarterback for nebraska you dont slide to avoid being hit. You tuck that ball and plow through. There was several times this year he could have ran for the first on a broken play. But he doesnt he runs for three yards and slides to avoid the tackle. Since when is that Nebraska football?

And yep the recievers dropped a few, but he threw alot that were uncatchable. Just a disappointing showing on the offense last night. I think Lee is the starter, but you start rotating Green. It is amazing how much better people play when thier position is challenged.

Did someone really say receivers dropped a bunch of balls? Almost every pass Lee threw was high or a lame duck or low. There were very few catchable balls. He couldn't even throw a decent screen pass. I think he missed no less than four open screen receivers.

Does anyone know why Lee can't throw in the middle of the field? Is he super short? And why didn't we do any roll outs?

I was sick of Green by half time.

I don't know how Cody Green came up in this thread . . . I didn't say anything about Green. I've said many times that I think Lee is the best qb option we have on the roster right now . . . but I also don't know that that is necessarily a good thing.

We'll see how he plays down the stretch but all this talk of him having a bigger arm/pro type talent reminds me of the let down transition of Taylor - Keller. Sorry guys . . . arm strength doesn't always win you games.

It's mpre than just does Lee have the talent. I believe it is a three headed monster.

Offensive talent, Offensive scheme, and play calling.

Tim Beck said they were blitzing us every play. Well than where was the slip and IB screen that we have seen for so many years?? Why did we run a draw on the first play of the game for 10 plus yards and never go back to it??

I have more questions than if Zac Lee has talent. Hell the offensive saved Wats bacon IMO and he should be the one being grilled.