Zac Lee

Not to rain on the victory parade . . . and I love that he had the moxie to come back and win this one with 3 touchdown passes . . . BUT . . .

those who said we wouldn't miss Ganz are kidding themselves. They certainly aren't fooling me. I saw open receivers and a qb who imagined pressure and made terrible throws.

Hopefully he grows up a bit between now and our next big game. Glad he got the win.

I knew we would miss Ganz. He's a couple years better than Lee.

But I still like Lee.

And that was a sh**load of rain out there, Carl. The ball's gonna sail on even the great QBs.

I wouldn't say Ganz is a couple of years ahead. Ganz was a system qb and has half the talent Lee does. Lee needs to improve, but that is a VERY bold statement.

I knew we would miss Ganz. He's a couple years better than Lee.

But I still like Lee.

And that was a sh**load of rain out there, Carl. The ball's gonna sail on even the great QBs.

I wouldn't say Ganz is a couple of years ahead. Ganz was a system qb and has half the talent Lee does. Lee needs to improve, but that is a VERY bold statement.

Half the talent doesn't go 11 for 29 at one point. Sorry . . . Lee has faced two teams with a pulse and he has looked bad against both . . . aside from 3 minutes tonight.

I don't know where this "twice the talent" stuff comes in. What i see is that Lee barely got it done. Against a good defensive team it's not going to win the game.

Again . . . not throwing him under the bus. He's clearly the best we have at the moment.

Im gonna stand up for lee still. I think he looked way better tonight than against Tech. He made alot of good reads, I think the playcalling could be better and the recievers dropped alot of wet balls. Also gotta like a guy that takes a hit on an option like that and makes a goofy face, lol!

This is ridiculous, sorry to say.

Lee had a terrible first half, but what did we expect? Watson called 27 pass plays in that torrential down poor, and his receivers dropped as many balls as he mis-threw. I would call Watson's play calling into question more than I would Lee, considering Watson was not helping Lee out at all with the run game. Some of it comes down to execution, yes, but when you are getting three and outed and only trying the same simple run plays every time, you aren't helping the offense.

A lot of it also has to do with the rain. I expect the game would have been a little smoother had the rain ceased.

Green wouldn't have done much better. Yes, he brings a threat in the run game and he has proven to be a solid passer, but he has only proven himself in garbage time against weaker opponents. Lee is the better passer and better general of the team right now, and it's obvious by the way they rallied in the fourth.

What a personality, this Lee kid.

Not just that grin, his wild celebrations and poses after the touchdowns.

That shot of him laughing his ass off and sticking his tongue out while on the phone on the sidelines at the end.

He's enjoying himself out there.

exactly, he could have easily folded, to me he showed a lot of guts and did not give up, he did what he could the 1st half, the ball will sail on you when you have a tighter grip and short arm the throw which most QB's do in the poor conditions to try to make accurate throws, it was a big difference when the rain let up, he was putting the ball right where it was supposed to be. Lee is just fine, i am highly disappointed in the play of the O line though, Mizzou's D was in his face all night, and the running game was sorry... so if anyone wants to blah, blah, blah about how bad Lee is, ask his O line how they thought they played last night <_<

Note Lee threw nothing to Mizzou last night... outside of the bad snap/fumble... he made no mistakes. He continues to play mistake free football.

I am SO happy that Bo/Watson didn't decide to put Green in there... who likely would have made some freshman mistakes, and in that game... it would have only taken one or two (anyone remember Beau Davis at Tech).

He kept with it and kept grinding and that's what you need out of your QB in a game like this. I was extremely disappointed in the playcalling last night. Watson could've done much better IMO, way to many passes given the conditions. On the same note, our offensive line sucked most of the game so it probably would've been the same outcome even if we would've ran the ball more. :dunno