Zac Lee

It's mpre than just does Lee have the talent. I believe it is a three headed monster.

Offensive talent, Offensive scheme, and play calling.

Tim Beck said they were blitzing us every play. Well than where was the slip and IB screen that we have seen for so many years?? Why did we run a draw on the first play of the game for 10 plus yards and never go back to it??

I have more questions than if Zac Lee has talent. Hell the offensive saved Wats bacon IMO and he should be the one being grilled.

We did go back to the draw . . . when it was 3rd and 17 from our own 6. Play calling was suspect . . . at best.

I don't know how Cody Green came up in this thread . . . I didn't say anything about Green. I've said many times that I think Lee is the best qb option we have on the roster right now . . . but I also don't know that that is necessarily a good thing.

We'll see how he plays down the stretch but all this talk of him having a bigger arm/pro type talent reminds me of the let down transition of Taylor - Keller. Sorry guys . . . arm strength doesn't always win you games.

I know how Greens name came up. When you start talking about starting quarterbacks mistakes, the backups are going to get brought up.

I'm not missing Ganz. Lee has more talent than Ganz by a longshot, he just was in the system for years so he knew the playbook like the back of his hand. Ganz wouldn't have made those long throws or the great touch pass to the endzone.

Lee is a good Qb, and has some room to grow.

I'm not missing Ganz. Lee has more talent than Ganz by a longshot, he just was in the system for years so he knew the playbook like the back of his hand. Ganz wouldn't have made those long throws or the great touch pass to the endzone.

I'm missing Ganz. If Lee struggles in a few more big games/misses a few more wide open receivers you will be too. (at least if you are honest with yourself).

I have to admit, I was among the hysterical after 3 quarters last night. I was yelling at my TV for Green to come in. If the heavy ball and wet grounds were an issue, the playcalling has to reflect that, and as others said, the playcalling was awful.

Credit to Zac for figuring it out when we needed him. Still, somebody better work on some adverse weather drills with this team :dunno

I'm missing Ganz. If Lee struggles in a few more big games/misses a few more wide open receivers you will be too. (at least if you are honest with yourself).

1) Ganz had his fair share of struggles, a la game ending INT against TT last year.

2) I doubt Ganz would have been able to make that first touchdown throw for Niles Paul and hit it on the numbers. I mean, how many times did Ganz stretch the field with his arm strength? Very few if any times, because the arm strength just wasn't there.

I loved Ganz, don't get me wrong, but I think it's a little too early to start discussing throwing the towel on Lee.

1) Ganz had his fair share of struggles, a la game ending INT against TT last year.

2) I doubt Ganz would have been able to make that first touchdown throw for Niles Paul and hit it on the numbers. I mean, how many times did Ganz stretch the field with his arm strength? Very few if any times, because the arm strength just wasn't there.

I loved Ganz, don't get me wrong, but I think it's a little too early to start discussing throwing the towel on Lee.

Conversely, if Lee completes passes to open receivers through the first three quarters he doesn't have to go deep to Paul to get points on the board. It cuts both ways. Lee is better at the long ball than Ganz ever was . . . but he sure looks lacking in the short to mid-range passing game.

Zac Lee is going to be very famous by Christmas! I am a huge fan of his. Gabbert #1 in the country was outplayed by Zac. I think ESPN knows who Zac Lee is now!

I did not see a shot of Weatherspoon's mother with the qb hit list either!

They talk about how strong Gabbert's arm is but Zac Lee got the pass off to McNiel for a td with a Tiger hanging on his throwing arm!

And the TD throw to Niles Paul was just where it had to be and a true money play!

And I love that smile!

I want to see a whole lot molre of it!

Conversely, if Lee completes passes to open receivers through the first three quarters he doesn't have to go deep to Paul to get points on the board. It cuts both ways. Lee is better at the long ball than Ganz ever was . . . but he sure looks lacking in the short to mid-range passing game.

Valid point.

Although, I don't know if you have ever played quarterback in a heavy rain (I'm not meaning this as a slight, just out of a curiosity stand point), but it is extremely difficult to get a good grip on the ball and throw it the way you want to throw it. Extremely difficult. I played quarterback for my high school a bit freshman/sophomore years and they were the toughest games I ever had to play.

I also think that there were just as many dropped balls as there were bad throws. Maybe a few more bad throws, but the receivers weren't helping Lee out much in trying to get a rhythm going.

The run game not going well in the first three quarters also hurt the pass game, I believe. Not being able to get the match ups you want against an opposing defense because you can't run the ball is tough to over come.

In the end, Zac was something like 14-33 for three touchdown passes and Blaine was 17-43 for 0 TD's and 2 INT's. Let's see if Zac can carry this momentum into his other road games. Thankfully, the only other real looming road game challenge is going to be at Kansas.

Valid point.

Although, I don't know if you have ever played quarterback in a heavy rain (I'm not meaning this as a slight, just out of a curiosity stand point), but it is extremely difficult to get a good grip on the ball and throw it the way you want to throw it. Extremely difficult. I played quarterback for my high school a bit freshman/sophomore years and they were the toughest games I ever had to play.

I also think that there were just as many dropped balls as there were bad throws. Maybe a few more bad throws, but the receivers weren't helping Lee out much in trying to get a rhythm going.

The run game not going well in the first three quarters also hurt the pass game, I believe. Not being able to get the match ups you want against an opposing defense because you can't run the ball is tough to over come.

In the end, Zac was something like 14-33 for three touchdown passes and Blaine was 17-43 for 0 TD's and 2 INT's. Let's see if Zac can carry this momentum into his other road games. Thankfully, the only other real looming road game challenge is going to be at Kansas.

Agreed. No, I never played quarterback . . . I played defensive end. I can see how the rain could make things difficult. I certainly might be being too hard on Lee, but I did see the same problems when we played in perfect weather against VaTech. Perhaps I was just selfishly seeking a bit of validation for my protestations over the off season that Lee wouldn't make us forget Ganz. Either way. Lee is our qb. I'm behind him.

Who cares?? We won, isn't that what really matters!!??!

While Lee's accuracy was a bit suspect, so was the play-calling, the line play, the officiating and the weather, and all are equally responsible for the dismal display of football, if you can even call it that, we witnessed for the first 3 quarters. Luckily, the defense played lights out and the something clicked with the offense in the 4th.

To Lee's credit, he hung in there and made no costly errors. As someone mentioned early about the slip screens, where were they? Screens are about as high percentage as it gets and help alleviate qb pressure when teams are blitz happy. I think Watson deserves just as much, if not more, criticism than Lee for the offensive production through the first 3 quarters.

While Lee's accuracy was a bit suspect, so was the play-calling, the line play, the officiating and the weather, and all are equally responsible for the dismal display of football, if you can even call it that, we witnessed for the first 3 quarters. Luckily, the defense played lights out and the something clicked with the offense in the 4th.

To Lee's credit, he hung in there and made no costly errors. As someone mentioned early about the slip screens, where were they? Screens are about as high percentage as it gets and help alleviate qb pressure when teams are blitz happy. I think Watson deserves just as much, if not more, criticism than Lee for the offensive production through the first 3 quarters.

I care because it is going to be a serious factor in the rest of the games he plays as a Husker. I care because I want our team to win. If he plays poorly our chances of winning go down. Simple enough?

I care because it is going to be a serious factor in the rest of the games he plays as a Husker. I care because I want our team to win. If he plays poorly our chances of winning go down. Simple enough?

I care too!! I just happen to think a lot more factors into winning then if a qb misses a few throws. He didn't turn the ball over and he also threw 3 TD's. He played his heart out and we won.

I, for one, was not happy with his performance either, but a lot of that hinged on the plays he was asked to run and the weather too. I think we need to give the guy a break!!