Helu's shoulder???

any chance he was hurt earlier in the game also because burkhead was getting a lot of early playing time.

Helu was sick, that's why we saw Burkhead more.

Agreed. Im starting to think that may be the reason why we were so conservative on the run during the Mizzou game....

from Tim Griffin's chat on ESPN.com...

Scott (Papillion, NE)

Can you confirm the rumors that Roy Helu's injury last night was just a stinger?

Tim Griffin

(2:45 PM)

Scott: I can describe exactly what it was, but can only add this. He had an ice bag taped to the area around the right side of his neck. And he was walking very gingerly when he boarded the team bus.

Scott (Papillion, NE)

Can you confirm the rumors that Roy Helu's injury last night was just a stinger?

Tim Griffin

Scott: I can describe exactly what it was, but can only add this. He had an ice bag taped to the area around the right side of his neck. And he was walking very gingerly when he boarded the team bus.

Since I've never had a stinger, is that would be done? Icing the base of the neck.

The bag of ice (if true) makes it sound like a collarbone or separated shoulder . . . :(

If it were either one of those he would FOR SURE have his arm in a sling and that would have been reported by now!

We'll see I guess. Why would they ice a stinger? And it looked like a lot more than just a bruise/big hit.

Scott (Papillion, NE)

Tim Griffin

Since I've never had a stinger, is that would be done? Icing the base of the neck.

I'm famous. No. There is no reason to ice a stinger. It actually feels fine within a few minutes, but until then, it hurts and isn't functional. This leads me to believe it is something more than just a stinger, but I don't want to speculate on what it is as the other alternatives are pretty ugly especially considering he was grabbing up around his collarbone after the TD run. I hope the trainers were just being overly cautious.

Scott (Papillion, NE)

Tim Griffin

I'm famous. No. There is no reason to ice a stinger. It actually feels fine within a few minutes, but until then, it hurts and isn't functional. This leads me to believe it is something more than just a stinger, but I don't want to speculate on what it is as the other alternatives are pretty ugly especially considering he was grabbing up around his collarbone after the TD run. I hope the trainers were just being overly cautious.

The trainers would secure his arm and limit movement by putting it in a sling if the collarbone were an area of concern. I do think that the trainers were just being cautious. But then again, I wasn't one of the trainers that checked him out.

Scott (Papillion, NE)

Tim Griffin

The trainers would secure his arm and limit movement by putting it in a sling if the collarbone were an area of concern. I do think that the trainers were just being cautious. But then again, I wasn't one of the trainers that checked him out.

They were just talking about his injury on 1620 and they said the same thing I did above. That is great news!!!