Refs needs better glasses

UABAlum

Congrats on a great win from a Bama fan. Nebraska is improved this year over last year and, IMO, Nebraska underrated. My only surprise was that your team waited until the fourth quarter to really wake up. But Nebraska's lines were better than Missouri's on both sides of the ball - and I knew that before tonight (which is why I picked you guys in a local pick'em contest).

Now, as for this post - was it just me or were some of those refs blind as a bat - especially when it came to spotting the ball. I was using instant replay on a 50" digital TV over and over and I could not get over how bad the refs spotted the ball at times. I swear they gave Missouri's a first down with a bad spot and that last long run by Nebraska was brought back 6 feet. The RB was tacked at the 3 yard line and the ball was spotted on the 5. I could see spotting it at the 3.5 yard line - but the FIVE? The ref was only a few yards away and watching the whole thing. And I ran it over and over on replay to see how he could be so far off. It drove me nuts because the ref was RIGHT THERE. The spots in the 4th quarter were frequently bad and they seemed to hurt Nebraska a lot more than Mizzo - although that could be unintentional. I didn't have a dog in that fight but it bothered me enough to find this site and register just to ask if any of you guys noticed that.

Anway - good to see Nebraska winning again.

Thanks man glad to see you guys are lookin' good again as well, but I did not notice the bad spots... BTW please end Floridas title hopes if LSU doesn't, I'm so sick of hearing about every status update on Tebow and how they're the best team ever. They don't even look like the best team in the SEC, you guys do.

Thanks man glad to see you guys are lookin' good again as well, but I did not notice the bad spots... BTW please end Floridas title hopes if LSU doesn't, I'm so sick of hearing about every status update on Tebow and how they're the best team ever. They don't even look like the best team in the SEC, you guys do.

yeah now that you mention it there were some bad spots. Big 12 officials- oh well.

Well, Bama has to beat the other teams in the SEC West or they won't play Florida. Tomorrow could be a danger. Ole Miss has looked bad so far this year but that is the same team that exploded down the stretch last year - missing only their FB, one OL, one DL and a linebacker from last year's team. They started out rough last year too - were 2-2 when they finally woke up and knocked off Florida. Their coach is best as a motivator when they are the underdog. But if Bama makes it through the west w.o a loss, they might take Florida in the SECCG. I don't think LSU can shut up ESPN - even if LSU wins. If LSU wins, ESPN will blame Teebow's injury. But I don't think LSU will win.

What do people think of Suh's horse-collar tackle?

I watched the replay a few times, and I'm positive (from the views I saw) that Suh grabbed nothing but jersey. If he had his hand inside Gabbert's pads, it had to have been for less than half a second.

Unless I misunderstand when a horse-collar penalty is called, it didn't seem like the right one.

What do people think of Suh's horse-collar tackle?

I watched the replay a few times, and I'm positive (from the views I saw) that Suh grabbed nothing but jersey. If he had his hand inside Gabbert's pads, it had to have been for less than half a second.

Unless I misunderstand when a horse-collar penalty is called, it didn't seem like the right one.

It was a missed call. Ref made an assumption and he was wrong. They are only supposed to throw those flags when they see the foul...

All I saw were flags...seemingly on every other f'ing play.

I know exactly how you feel :bang:bang That having been said, I did notice a few bad spots, but nothing that had me going nuts heh. :hellloooo

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Mizzou (and probably Nebraska, but I wasn't looking for that at the time) got some very favorable spots. I remember there was one catch across the middle that the Mizzou receiver fell at 2 feet behind, but it was called a first down.

yeah i noticed it a few times. i also noticed on the missouri sideline they kept moving the yellow marker. it didnt really matter and i dont think it was intentional but it was a good yard or 2 off a couple times. not that it mattered anyways it was a little deceiving. yeah the horse collar wasnt the right call but it close enough to being called. refs gotta go by judgement calls some they get wrong some they get right. im just glad it didnt cost us the game. we really stepped it up when we had to. there were alotta calls in the game that were questionable honestly. on both sides. i still honestly believe that gabberts knee was down on the 1 yard line i've looked at it over and over and it was a great play by the defense. and its saying something about our defense when their only touchdown of the game comes on a 4th down and is THAT close. don't have a problem with the call though since it happened so fast. once again its a judgement call and i would've probably made the same call.

good to see a bama fan on here. huskers are my pride. always will be. but bama is also one of my favorite college football teams always has been. i wish you well in your game against ole miss over the weekend ill be rootin for ya.

I could see the call being made on the horse collar. Suh's hand looked like it started much higher on his back(right around the pads)then slipped down and grabbed jersey. It took a couple of replays to really confirm that he had just jersey, so I can see how that one could have been missed.

The call that I'm still trying to figure out is the hands to the face. Who called it. The ref went to Bo and asked him if he wanted 3rd down or move them back and replay second, so he obviously thought the call was on Missouri. The umpire is looking at Suh's back, so I'm assuming he didn't make the call. How does a side judge make that call? Who threw the flag?