Henry's Smarts Saved The Day!

statman

Not sure if this was posted on here yet, but I think one of the key moments that possibly saved the day for the Huskers was Henry having the smarts and knowwithall to throw that ball out of the end zone for a safety as he was about to hit the ground. That 2 points could have easily been 7 points and a real game changer. Henry played well last night considering the crazy snaps he was getting and the wet weather.

• Loved our ability to come back!

• Was perplexed by our play calling, Lee's inability to throw to the pads of his receivers.

Great game though! Good to be a Husker today and every day!

Not sure if this was posted on here yet, but I think one of the key moments that possibly saved the day for the Huskers was Henry having the smarts and knowwithall to throw that ball out of the end zone for a safety as he was about to hit the ground. That 2 points could have easily been 7 points and a real game changer. Henry played well last night considering the crazy snaps he was getting and the wet weather.

• Loved our ability to come back!

• Was perplexed by our play calling, Lee's inability to throw to the pads of his receivers.

Great game though! Good to be a Husker today and every day!

The longsnapper was crap last night! :madash Bo ripped him a new one!

Yeah, every time there was a punt, on either side, I was on pins and needles. Mizzou had constant punt block on and we played for the return. This, along with horrid snaps, forced Henery to catch the ball with a guy right in his face. On the other side, when we played for the return, we ended up having a ton of guys around the ball when it would land. I can imagine with the conditions how hard it would be to catch a punt.

Maybe I'm uneducated - but what's the difference between throwing the ball out of the endzone and just falling down on it. Wouldn't it have been a safety either way?

The way it was slippery yesterday I think it was best to throw it out of the endzone. I remember Zac Lee trying to fall on a fumbled ball and went right over the top of it and Mizzou recovered

Yeah, I was wondering the exact same thing when he threw it out of the back of the endzone. Why didn't he just fall on it? It's a safety either way. It was a good call taking the safety rather than trying to run it out, but falling on it in the endzone would have been the same wouldn't it?

In a game that wet, falling on and keeping control of the ball is not a given with defenders crashing down on you.

Didn't he already have possession of it when he was running sideways? All he would have had to do is kneal down. Putting a knee down makes you down no matter how wet the ground can't cause a fumble. I'll have to go watch it again, but I'm sure he was running with the ball when he tossed it out of bounds.

Didn't he already have possession of it when he was running sideways? All he would have had to do is kneal down. Putting a knee down makes you down no matter how wet the ground can't cause a fumble. I'll have to go watch it again, but I'm sure he was running with the ball when he tossed it out of bounds.

He was losing his footing while trying to run, so instead of fumbling the ball away, he wisely tossed the ball towards the back of the endzone.

Yeah he had possession. He was scrambling to the right to avoid the pressure but started to slip and stumble. If he had fallen with the ball or been tackled, it would have still been a safety. I think where the smarts comes in is IF he was losing possession or a tackler knocked it loose, there's that chance MU could have recovered it for TD. Henery tossing it to the back was a smart move.

I'm going to have to rewatch it. From what I can remember, he was in the process of falling down and there really wasn't anyone close to him. He would have been down long before there ever could have been contact due to losing his footing. I just thought it was a bit odd how he chucked the ball out of the back of the endzone.