Pelini vs Osborne

what really stands out to me as how we are not giving up. Like the gator bowl his teams are coming out of the locker room being down 12 points and finding a way to win. I love that. Back in the TO days, we rarely won if getting behind early or in the 4th quarter. these guys do not give up no matter what.

That's the thing I talk about when talking about Pelini's teams. The come from behind victories. I love the fight in his teams.

:moreinteresting

Osborne's teams never had to worry about coming from behind! They were so awesome ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL that they didn't have to worry about it. They smashed the other teams from the beginning of the game! Until the Huskers develop a great offense, they won't have to worry about bringing a national championship trophy to Lincoln...

what really stands out to me as how we are not giving up. Like the gator bowl his teams are coming out of the locker room being down 12 points and finding a way to win. I love that. Back in the TO days, we rarely won if getting behind early or in the 4th quarter. these guys do not give up no matter what.

That's the thing I talk about when talking about Pelini's teams. The come from behind victories. I love the fight in his teams.

Osborne's teams never had to worry about coming from behind! They were so awesome ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL that they didn't have to worry about it. They smashed the other teams from the beginning of the game! Until the Huskers develop a great offense, they won't have to worry about bringing a national championship trophy to Lincoln...

No offence, but Dr. Tom was head coach for 20+ yrs and I can recal many games were he and the team got behind and couldn't come back. They always were a solid team, but it was only his last five years that they were unstopable.

Several times in the Eighties, Oklahoma jumped on us early and we never could get back on top (four staight losses from 84-87). Also, there was a string of seven straight bowl losses from 87-93 and in pretty much all of those games we got behind early and never caught up. The only two I remember being close, was one in 86 when we lost to Michigan. We outplayed them most of the game and lost in in the fourth quarter. Also, the 93 Orange Bowl against Florida St. We lost by two points and like this years VT game, we should have won! Other than that, Miami several times and Georgia Tech once and Florida St. (played them a couple of times, not just in 93) made us look silly. Also, don't forget the loss to Arizona St. in 96, we got behind there and never recovered.

Point being, and of course we are both Husker fans, so it is all good, :) Dr. Tom was not perfect all of the time nor was the team.

TO took the reigns from a legend who won national championships and left a full cupboard and some cans on the shelf in the basement. BO took over for a legendary ..... and the cupboard was not nearly as full. Granted, some of whatzisname's recruits are contributing now, Suh being the most notable. But the similarity between the two men is, they can coach the boys up.

TO took the reigns from a legend who won national championships and left a full cupboard and some cans on the shelf in the basement. BO took over for a legendary ..... and the cupboard was not nearly as full. Granted, some of whatzisname's recruits are contributing now, Suh being the most notable. But the similarity between the two men is, they can coach the boys up.

This

Bo and TO moved into much different situations. The program was a mess in '07, TO inherited a great program. Plus it took some years before TO was a top coach. It isn't really fair to compare the finished product TO was to Bo in year-two, especially when TO stepped into a better situation.

I think he is getting all they have out of everyone on the team.

No matter how good we have looked, no matter how well or bad we have played, we have been less talented than the folks at Va Tech and Missouri.

Heart dedication and loyalty were the key factors in both.

When this coach has the level of talent of a top ten program, oh my god look out. I still say our talent level is around 17-20. He has done far more with far less than others.

I have watched Nebraska football since the early 60's. The only player that I can remember that I thought was the same as Suh is Rich Glover. Constant motor, drive, determination, freakish talent. The difference is Suh is 80 pounds bigger. He is currently in my mind the best defensive that has ever played at Nebraska. I do not ever remember a single player totally disrupting a very good team like he has. Monster of the midway. We are so fortunate that he came back. I knew he was good, but Bo has made him a monster and very wealthy man.

Good call on the Rich Glover analogy :thumbs

Any idea why Suh was in such a hurry to get off the field after time expired?

Was he afraid of getting spit on?...

Too shy to stick around for the group prayer?..

Needed a potty break?

Didn't want to get rained on?..

You'd think..growing up in Oregon, he'd love to be out in the rain.

Good call on the Rich Glover analogy :thumbs

Any idea why Suh was in such a hurry to get off the field after time expired?

Was he afraid of getting spit on?...

Too shy to stick around for the group prayer?..

Needed a potty break?

Didn't want to get rained on?..

You'd think..growing up in Oregon, he'd love to be out in the rain.

I think Suh does that every game . . . I don't know the reason.

I think he is getting all they have out of everyone on the team.

No matter how good we have looked, no matter how well or bad we have played, we have been less talented than the folks at Va Tech and Missouri.

Heart dedication and loyalty were the key factors in both.

When this coach has the level of talent of a top ten program, oh my god look out. I still say our talent level is around 17-20. He has done far more with far less than others.

I have watched Nebraska football since the early 60's. The only player that I can remember that I thought was the same as Suh is Rich Glover. Constant motor, drive, determination, freakish talent. The difference is Suh is 80 pounds bigger. He is currently in my mind the best defensive that has ever played at Nebraska. I do not ever remember a single player totally disrupting a very good team like he has. Monster of the midway. We are so fortunate that he came back. I knew he was good, but Bo has made him a monster and very wealthy man.

I was thinking about Rich Glover also, when I was trying to think of an other Husker that was this good.

I also keep thinking that Bo and Bob Devaney are very much alike in the way they put their teams together. Bob built a tough defense[ Wayne Meylan comes to mind] and then built the offense, with the help of TO after a couple of years of being there. It looks like Bo is using the same type of blue print.

GBR!!!