Offense's identity?

I think the Husker Offensive Line has improved from the last few seasons. I think they do a decent job overall, just not consistently. The pass protection seems to be a bit better than run blocking. Havent seen holes where Roy or Rex gets the ball and is quickly 5 to 7 yards down field before closing in. And Lee gets some time here and there, but doesnt get all day to throw. Also when pass protection breaks down and no one is open, there isnt those lanes for QB to scramble for yards as often.

I want to add that, despite a tough time throwing in the wet conditions for both QBs, I give Lee a lot of credit for not throwing any INTs or pick six INTs. That happened a lot in years past that changed games.

Throughout his first five career games, his unfortunate INTs have mostly been downfield, punt like.

I'm okay with the identity gravitating to what the defense gives. The Huskers just need to move the chains, stretch the field occasionally, preferably score TDs in the redzone, and keep the defense refreshed on the sidelines. This offense seems to be built to do this. Just havent been able to do it like a well-oiled-machine.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the reason we didn't stress the run in Columbia was due to the fact that Mizzou had 8 in the box. They were just begging for us to pass the ball. If Lee would have had any success in the first 3 quarters throwing the ball, it would have loosened up the D allowing us to run. Mizzou put all their eggs in one basket putting all the pressure on Lee to beat them. Had Lee have had that long pass in the first quarter, I'm guessing our running game would have looked much better. The last drive of the game the D loosened up after Lee hit a couple of nice passes. On this drive, the OL had no trouble opening the holes. The only thing missing on the offensive side of the ball is leadership. Lee needs to grab hold of the reigns and lead this team.