Just stopping by ...

Jebus, if you listen to those Jacket fans you'd think we raped their sisters. There is some serious hate from some of their fans.

Anywho, just wanted to stop by ... y'all are way more fun.

Go Huskers, beat them Red Raiders!

I am rooting for VT this weekend, but I am curious to see that option offense against a fast defense. What are your feelings on this?

I am rooting for VT this weekend, but I am curious to see that option offense against a fast defense. What are your feelings on this?

I am truly bi-polar about this game. It's a huge game for Georgia Tech, it's a home game for them, and they've added a number of wrinkles in their offense (which, IMO, we were able to shutdown last year). On the flip side, their defense is dreadful, and I think Bud Foster is one of the best X's & O's guys when it comes to game planning AND in-game adjustments. It's going to be a chess match of adjustments between Paul Johnson & Bud Foster.

I like what I'm hearing from our coaching staff, tho. They've changed up their preparations this week to spend more time against the scout team at full speed to get better prepared for GT's offensive speed. Also, even though we're a fast defense, we're not a wrecklessly fast defense (ie: a FSU defense ... which isn't even that fast this year). Foster's scheme is all about discipline, so I think we're as good a match-up as any against Georgia Tech's offense.

I'll take Foster as an gameday coach (ie: he knows how to adjust to the opponent in-game) any day, so I think the first 10 minutes of the game is going to set the tone of this one. If we can get out of the first quarter with a lead, or a close ball game, I'll feel pretty good about it. If we go into the 2nd quarter down by 10 or more ... I'm going to be sweating bullets.

I am truly bi-polar about this game. It's a huge game for Georgia Tech, it's a home game for them, and they've added a number of wrinkles in their offense (which, IMO, we were able to shutdown last year). On the flip side, their defense is dreadful, and I think Bud Foster is one of the best X's & O's guys when it comes to game planning AND in-game adjustments. It's going to be a chess match of adjustments between Paul Johnson & Bud Foster.

I like what I'm hearing from our coaching staff, tho. They've changed up their preparations this week to spend more time against the scout team at full speed to get better prepared for GT's offensive speed. Also, even though we're a fast defense, we're not a wrecklessly fast defense (ie: a FSU defense ... which isn't even that fast this year). Foster's scheme is all about discipline, so I think we're as good a match-up as any against Georgia Tech's offense.

I'll take Foster as an gameday coach (ie: he knows how to adjust to the opponent in-game) any day, so I think the first 10 minutes of the game is going to set the tone of this one. If we can get out of the first quarter with a lead, or a close ball game, I'll feel pretty good about it. If we go into the 2nd quarter down by more 10 or more ... I'm going to be sweating bullets.

Ya, I feel the same way. Even though you might not be that fast, you still are the premier defense (and team) in the ACC. I love Bud Foster and the Lunch Pail Defense. I personally feel Pelini and he are the two best defensive minds in the game. Stoops and Carroll are a little out of the play calling now, so I don't include them in this.

Again, good luck this weekend.

I'll take Foster as an gameday coach (ie: he knows how to adjust to the opponent in-game) any day, so I think the first 10 minutes of the game is going to set the tone of this one. If we can get out of the first quarter with a lead, or a close ball game, I'll feel pretty good about it. If we go into the 2nd quarter down by 10 or more ... I'm going to be sweating bullets.

Should be a great game, really pulling for VT. I wish we could get another Home and Home with VT on the schedule again, you guys are great to have around!

Should be a great game, really pulling for VT. I wish we could get another Home and Home with VT on the schedule again, you guys are great to have around!

I'd love to play VT every year in our OOC schedule. Would be great. Go Hokies this weekend.

I don't think Tech fans are angry or anything. A lot of VPI boards are very overconfident and think they will roll us up at our place. I think chances are we lose but I also think it will not be a blowout by any means. It all depends on if our D shows, honestly I am not worried about the offense because PJ is a phenomenal offensive mind and I think he can make adjustments with the best of any D coordinator in the country.

I don't think Tech fans are angry or anything. A lot of VPI boards are very overconfident and think they will roll us up at our place. I think chances are we lose but I also think it will not be a blowout by any means. It all depends on if our D shows, honestly I am not worried about the offense because PJ is a phenomenal offensive mind and I think he can make adjustments with the best of any D coordinator in the country.

I think there is a vocal minority who is overconfident. I can tell you that the vast majority of Hokies don't feel super comfortable about this game.

Yeah, I'm definitely not expecting a blow out either.

off topic: heard you guys scheduled boise st for next year...

That is indeed true - at FedEx Field (where the Redskins play). Syracuse wanted out of the contract we had with them, so this is an improvement to the 2010 schedule.

ah, neutral site. That is awesome, hopefully you guys show 'em what BCS conferences are all about, except the Pac-10 (see Oregon loss)

off topic: heard you guys scheduled boise st for next year...

That is indeed true - at FedEx Field (where the Redskins play). Syracuse wanted out of the contract we had with them, so this is an improvement to the 2010 schedule.

ah, neutral site. That is awesome, hopefully you guys show 'em what BCS conferences are all about, except the Pac-10 (see Oregon loss)

Show them like OU did?